Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bottle necking my cpu? or what else may be wrong?  (Read 1763 times)
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 05:45:35 PM

I have the same issue with my CPU usage being extremely high. I am running a 5770 on an AMD X4 and it uses up a whole core to keep up with the miner. Is this a problem with the Catalyst driver? I really don't know what else it could be.
It's the Catalyst 11.7 Whql...The 11.6B should fix the issue.There is no need to uninstall the 2.5 APP runtime it is just the Video driver not the OpenCL variant.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eskamobob1 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:40:31 PM

I have been thinking about going case less for a wile... And I have the woodworking experience to make a simple tech bench... I think I will do that for now if I can't find some cheap one online... I don't particualy want to replace the thermal compound (though I know how) because I don't want to void the warranty if i don't have to... Also, would you guys recommend getting PCI-E extenders and  spacing out the cards and adding two more if I will be building a custome case anyways?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: