Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE [ANN] CureCoin development continues....  (Read 94917 times)
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:35:02 PM

When i 1st heard about this coin i already downloaded the protein folding program. It is still waiting in my computer to actually mine the curecoin. Please give us update every week.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dustofdeath

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:53:01 PM

been looking at forums, waiting for it to start. Haven't even done the folding since it  only pays the frank coin stuff which im not interested in.

Bitcoin GHAS renting and 0% fee stratum mining.
https://cex.io/r/0/condemned/0/
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:58:20 PM

I'm still keeping an eye on this.  I love the concept behind it and I hope this launches soon!
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:18:28 AM

Any updates?
blueangel01

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:05:05 PM

In my opinion, the best thing that this coin can achieve is to be able to use Curecoin as payment in the hospitals and Medical insurance.

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:56:06 PM

In my opinion, the best thing that this coin can achieve is to be able to use Curecoin as payment in the hospitals and Medical insurance.

Seems like it would be a natural fit since our research is helping their industries with treatments.  I suspect pharma companies are the biggest beneficiaries though.
Armando

Activity: 874

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:33:55 AM

Interesting concept, but I could not understand, how this is connected to solving medical problems? Probably there are some things in genetics maybe, that requires calculating power to solve, but what exactly the miners will calculate here?
irritant

Activity: 473

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:34:09 AM

Interesting concept, but I could not understand, how this is connected to solving medical problems? Probably there are some things in genetics maybe, that requires calculating power to solve, but what exactly the miners will calculate here?

protein folding

example

Our strategy was to search for small molecules that would bind to and inhibit the TrkB receptor on cancer cells. There were millions of potential molecules to examine, making it infeasible to synthesize and test each of them in the laboratory. Instead, we partnered with World Community Grid to create the Help Fight Childhood Cancer project, using computer-based modeling on a massive scale to conduct this search. With the help of over 200,000 volunteers around the world contributing their spare computing power, we screened three million molecules in just two years – a process that would have taken more than 55,000 years on a single computer – and identified seven promising drug candidates for further study.
Armando

Activity: 874

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:54:47 AM

protein folding

example

Our strategy was to search for small molecules that would bind to and inhibit the TrkB receptor on cancer cells. There were millions of potential molecules to examine, making it infeasible to synthesize and test each of them in the laboratory. Instead, we partnered with World Community Grid to create the Help Fight Childhood Cancer project, using computer-based modeling on a massive scale to conduct this search. With the help of over 200,000 volunteers around the world contributing their spare computing power, we screened three million molecules in just two years – a process that would have taken more than 55,000 years on a single computer – and identified seven promising drug candidates for further study.

Nice, thanks. Will definitelly look into this coin, when it will be released
dmfree88

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:08:54 AM

Wow I thought of this over a month ago. great idea glad its in development.  Cant wait to start helping! fold for coins! save the planet while making coinage!!  I suggest adding stake to this aswell.. 2% every 10 days totalling 100% per year..  gives people a reason to hold the coins.  HBN has successful added this and it seems to be a great long term feature to keep people holding. and making new investors want to buy more to earn more.  

MORE MORE MORE Tongue.

All donations Go directly to support my autistic son:
VTC: VaDUVkbX5j83UsT5r7QFjfapcZFYbzQz9x / BTC: 1BNYqjN5Hm17im9CwD9jKc8nWX3Y68Kd4N / LTC: LfNsAfd5bxuCMggrq16V9XAmUkZWZ1h1eJ /
blueangel01

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:37:00 AM

What is the pros and cons of Curecoin over Gridcoin?

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:46:21 AM

That's a good question - up

s4mmy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:30:22 PM

Curecoin is a bit different. 45% folding and 45% sha-256 mining. Also gpus and asics are able to "mine". devs take 5% or so not sure yet.

Gridcoin is scrypt and boinc is the main idea there. If you look at boinstats you will find gridcoin in position #58 or so in RAC leaderboard. So a lot of computing power is towards for example helping cure cancer or malaria. It's up to you what kind of "projects" do you want to take part with. Also gridcoin has the first scrypt sleep implemented so even more processing power can be used to boinc.
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:58:50 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 05:57:21 AM by ChasingTheDream

Curecoin is a bit different. 45% folding and 45% sha-256 mining. Also gpus and asics are able to "mine". devs take 5% or so not sure yet.

Gridcoin is scrypt and boinc is the main idea there. If you look at boinstats you will find gridcoin in position #58 or so in RAC leaderboard. So a lot of computing power is towards for example helping cure cancer or malaria. It's up to you what kind of "projects" do you want to take part with. Also gridcoin has the first scrypt sleep implemented so even more processing power can be used to boinc.

Based on a message I read on the Curecoin forum I believe the percentages for ASICS / GPU's are changing to favor more power going toward folding.  I don't think the piece I saw had indicated that the percents were settled but it said something like more rewards for folding but mining would still be worthwhile.

Regarding the pro's and cons of Curecoin over Gridcoin.  That is something I wonder about myself.  Gridcoin is also very compelling and I attempted to mine it.  However, I found getting started to be difficult to say the least.  In fact, I never got it going.  At the time there was a tutorial but it was badly out of date and the information in the forum thread had changed a great deal as the client was advanced.  I believe that has since changed although when I drop by the forums I can still see there is a great deal of confusion on how to get started which has kept me from giving it another shot at this point.

One potential concern with Gridcoin is that it appears Rob (the developer of Gridcoin) is essentially a one man show and he has a full time job outside of the coin.  Don't get me wrong.  He is very active in the forums and is making constant improvements to his client.  There is real innovation there.  It is nothing like the clone coins we see every day.  He is the most active developer I have ever seen in the forums.  He must not sleep!  Nothing but props to him!  However he is human and there is just one of him.

Curecoin on the other hand is supposed to have a full time dedicated development team of several people that will not only keep improving the client,  but will also work on marketing the coin itself.  It will in fact be their job to keep the coin alive and kicking.  They are setting up a legal foundation to oversee the coins distribution for work done with folding.

However information from the Curecoin team is sparse to say the least.  Rob with Gridcoin and others are on the forums constantly addressing issues.  We rarely see anything from the dev's of Curecoin here or on their forum and if you have read this whole forum thread you will find this coin was supposed to launch months ago.  So although I have seen messages on the Curecoin forum saying the official launch is very soon it is really hard to know when the launch will happen.

I believe Curecoin is also innovative and in all honesty Gridcoin and Curecoin are the only two coins I can see myself working with long term.  There is real value in mining these coins unlike the vast majority of others.  If Gridcoin was easier to get started with I would already be mining it.  I tried over a month ago and really should go back and take another look.  I have not attempted to mine during the various tests for Curecoin (paid in other coins out of the dev's own pocket I believe) so I do not know how difficult that process will be.  However, I suspect due to the number of tests that have been done it will be much easier than my experience with Gridcoin was.  I hope to find out soon!

I guess overall how could you go wrong mining either coin or both of them?  Science is getting done and we have a speculative opportunity to get paid for our efforts.  That sure sounds like a win / win to me!
blueangel01

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:07:00 AM

The i hope they could create a user friendly software for mining and folding.

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:06:02 AM

I believe they are working on or have created an optional lightweight version of the F@H client.  It is supposed to be much easier to setup, stop, start, etc.  So I think they are putting a lot of effort into making sure anyone can do this without beating their heads against a wall trying to get things worked out.

I've finally got all my hardware online so I am ready whenever they are!
blueangel01

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:39:58 PM

I believe they are working on or have created an optional lightweight version of the F@H client.  It is supposed to be much easier to setup, stop, start, etc.  So I think they are putting a lot of effort into making sure anyone can do this without beating their heads against a wall trying to get things worked out.

Thank would be great then. It took me a long time to figure out the gridcoin. Their wallet does not link easily.

If what your saying is true then Curecoin wins over Gridcoin.

There are lots of cheater in the past of Gridcoin, mining without actually doing Boinc work. The Curecoin should be wary of that.

traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:43:13 PM

Where are these Gridcoin cheaters?? Stop spreading mis-information!!

Thank would be great then. It took me a long time to figure out the gridcoin. Their wallet does not link easily.

There are lots of cheater in the past of Gridcoin, mining without actually doing Boinc work. The Curecoin should be wary of that.
blueangel01

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:35:48 AM

I believe they are working on or have created an optional lightweight version of the F@H client.  It is supposed to be much easier to setup, stop, start, etc.  So I think they are putting a lot of effort into making sure anyone can do this without beating their heads against a wall trying to get things worked out.

I am not spreading mis-information. I could be inaccurate. Why don't you research it on your own? I doubt cuz you are a big fan of GRC. If you mine with boinc you get 150 GRC reward, Without BOINC you get 1 reward per block i think.. not so sure... Some people have mined with without running BOINC and get 150 GRC. Maybe they patched it already.

If you don't think that is cheating then i guess call it great miners then. It does not matter, the thing is that it happened.

s4mmy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:30:49 AM

I believe they are working on or have created an optional lightweight version of the F@H client.  It is supposed to be much easier to setup, stop, start, etc.  So I think they are putting a lot of effort into making sure anyone can do this without beating their heads against a wall trying to get things worked out.

I am not spreading mis-information. I could be inaccurate. Why don't you research it on your own? I doubt cuz you are a big fan of GRC. If you mine with boinc you get 150 GRC reward, Without BOINC you get 1 reward per block i think.. not so sure... Some people have mined with without running BOINC and get 150 GRC. Maybe they patched it already.

If you don't think that is cheating then i guess call it great miners then. It does not matter, the thing is that it happened.

Sure it's cheating if something like that had happend and that's first time I have heard anything like that. I think it's just not possible to cheat and If you aren't actually doing boinc work you will definitely not get the full reward. It has been for sometime that you need to have atleast 1k recent average credit from boinc work to get full reward. Without this you only get 50% if you are doing boinc work right at that time when you find a block. So in a nutshell you get 50% reward if you are doing boinc without having any RAC and if you got atleast 1k RAC and do boinc you will get 100%.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: