Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:07:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE [ANN] CureCoin development continues....  (Read 94917 times)
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:09:10 PM

In the early days of Gridcoin that may have been possible, but that is impossible today. The Gridcoin client has been modified heavily with many security measures like the boinc hash and 50% of the reward come from average daily credits so it is not possible to cheat any longer. So your information is very outdated.

Where are these Gridcoin cheaters?? Stop spreading mis-information!!

The i hope they could create a user friendly software for mining and folding.

I believe they are working on or have created an optional lightweight version of the F@H client.  It is supposed to be much easier to setup, stop, start, etc.  So I think they are putting a lot of effort into making sure anyone can do this without beating their heads against a wall trying to get things worked out.

I've finally got all my hardware online so I am ready whenever they are!

Thank would be great then. It took me a long time to figure out the gridcoin. Their wallet does not link easily.

If what your saying is true then Curecoin wins over Gridcoin.

There are lots of cheater in the past of Gridcoin, mining without actually doing Boinc work. The Curecoin should be wary of that.

I am not spreading mis-information. I could be inaccurate. Why don't you research it on your own? I doubt cuz you are a big fan of GRC. If you mine with boinc you get 150 GRC reward, Without BOINC you get 1 reward per block i think.. not so sure... Some people have mined with without running BOINC and get 150 GRC. Maybe they patched it already.

If you don't think that is cheating then i guess call it great miners then. It does not matter, the thing is that it happened.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:37:14 PM

In the early days of Gridcoin that may have been possible, but that is impossible today. The Gridcoin client has been modified heavily with many security measures like the boinc hash and 50% of the reward come from average daily credits so it is not possible to cheat any longer. So your information is very outdated.

I believe they are working on or have created an optional lightweight version of the F@H client.  It is supposed to be much easier to setup, stop, start, etc.  So I think they are putting a lot of effort into making sure anyone can do this without beating their heads against a wall trying to get things worked out.

Thank would be great then. It took me a long time to figure out the gridcoin. Their wallet does not link easily.

There are lots of cheater in the past of Gridcoin, mining without actually doing Boinc work. The Curecoin should be wary of that.

I am not spreading mis-information. I could be inaccurate. Why don't you research it on your own? I doubt cuz you are a big fan of GRC. If you mine with boinc you get 150 GRC reward, Without BOINC you get 1 reward per block i think.. not so sure... Some people have mined with without running BOINC and get 150 GRC. Maybe they patched it already.

If you don't think that is cheating then i guess call it great miners then. It does not matter, the thing is that it happened.

I don't care about gridcoin. I just don't want it to happen in curecoin. even in early days.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:13:03 AM

I don't care about gridcoin. I just don't want it to happen in curecoin. even in early days.

They testing soft and everything to be sure that all will run properly so should be good.

Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 05:11:50 PM

Hey guys, quick update! Due to concerns over the auto-installation feature being a violation of FAH EULA/ToS, we are removing that feature for now, so currently the client we are working with will require users to go through the normal installation of F@H, but from there users can use our thin-client program to start/stop/reconfigure FAH (username/password) if they do not want to work with the more complicated default control application which comes with F@H.

We are in the process of beta-testing this software, the next wave of updates will be going out in the next few hours to anyone interested. If you want to help us test this software, shoot me a PM. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
blueangel01

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:17:03 PM

Hey guys, quick update! Due to concerns over the auto-installation feature being a violation of FAH EULA/ToS, we are removing that feature for now, so currently the client we are working with will require users to go through the normal installation of F@H, but from there users can use our thin-client program to start/stop/reconfigure FAH (username/password) if they do not want to work with the more complicated default control application which comes with F@H.

We are in the process of beta-testing this software, the next wave of updates will be going out in the next few hours to anyone interested. If you want to help us test this software, shoot me a PM. Smiley

I want a very easy to follow guide then.

ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:03:12 PM

Thanks for the update.  Any news on the go live date?  You have a lot of anxious people ready to go!
spiffcow

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:11:05 PM

Thanks for the update.  Any news on the go live date?  You have a lot of anxious people ready to go!

For real.  I've been waiting on this since the day I heard that there were altcoins (sometime around November).
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:17:49 PM

Give us the news. What is currently going on with this project and what else needs to happen to launch the coin?

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:56:35 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:15:12 PM by ChasingTheDream

Although I see a coin based on a concept such as this to be the future of crypto's (doing real work for coins), in all honestly my interest in this coin is dropping like a rock as a direct result of the lack of information from the dev team.

They rarely respond to any posts and the coin hasn't even launched yet.  This dev team would play a key role in distributions of the coin which certainly makes me uncomfortable considering their unresponsiveness.  Additionally their main site which is also rarely updated has been down for days and they was right in the middle of a test run.  No word here about it at all.  In other words this thing may already be dead and we wouldn't even know about it because they don't post updates to either site very often.

I had every intention of pointing all nine of my computers at curecoin assuming it ever launched but the complete lack of updates from the dev team at the very least looks unprofessional.  I've seen this far too many times already with other dev teams and it didn't end well so unless there is a dramatic change soon I don't think I'm going to get involved in this one.  Good luck to those that do!
blueangel01

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:48:57 PM

Although I see a coin based on a concept such as this to be the future of crypto's (doing real work for coins), in all honestly my interest in this coin is dropping like a rock as a direct result of the lack of information from the dev team.

They rarely respond to any posts and the coin hasn't even launched yet.  This dev team would play a key role in distributions of the coin which certainly makes me uncomfortable considering their unresponsiveness.  Additionally their main site which is also rarely updated has been down for days and they was right in the middle of a test run.  No word here about it at all.  In other words this thing may already be dead and we wouldn't even know about it because they don't post updates to either site very often.

I had every intention of pointing all nine of my computers at curecoin assuming it ever launched but the complete lack of updates from the dev team at the very least looks unprofessional.  I've seen this far too many times already with other dev teams and it didn't end well so unless there is a dramatic change soon I don't think I'm going to get involved in this one.  Good luck to those that do!

I share the same opinion. I am removing my interest in this coin as well. I think people should voice their concern about this coin as well. They should keep giving us update. 1st gen is done, i hope with all the time they had since the announcement we should be expecting a 2nd or 3rd gen crypto from the curecoin.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:37:09 PM

Devs please react more often on this forum. We will be the initial power boost for every coin, you should care more.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 04:42:58 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 05:39:29 PM by Vorksholk

The forums site, curecoin.us, is having some issues from a forum upgrade, we're working on restoring it, but we may have to settle for a few days rollback.

I would estimate a date in the next month or so for launch, the reikicoin test is well under way and was planned to occupy one month for pool testing and to make sure our stats system records everyone's points correctly. This afternoon I'm sending out a new copy of the EasyFold beta client, which is a simplified version of FAHControl. Coin source code is based on PPCoin still, with PoW/PoS. Here's a spreadsheet that gives the data for coin mintage:

<-- Forums seem to be having some trouble with the image, here's a direct link: https://i.imgur.com/4EMAxa7.png

Currently we are working on fixing the forum, and getting a community member to be the forum administrator. We are also finishing up pool security, and I am working on two guides; one for setting up GPU systems along with benchmarks for various cards, and another for remote management of multiple folding machines.

Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:43:31 AM

Currently we are working on fixing the forum, and getting a community member to be the forum administrator. We are also finishing up pool security, and I am working on two guides; one for setting up GPU systems along with benchmarks for various cards, and another for remote management of multiple folding machines.

Sure it would be a huge thing, cause I can't imagine the pain in the ass it will be to manage hundred of gpus for folding if we don't have something similar to cgwatcher!
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:45:04 AM

Thanks for the update Vorksholk.  I really want to be involved with a coin like Curecoin so please post what is going on more often.  Going weeks without an update gives the impression the coin is dead before it got started.  I know you guys have put a lot of work into it so please keep us in the loop.
anonerd

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:18:06 PM

Gridcoin delivered its working cryptocurrency that rewards for folding which is even less centralized:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324118.0

Still waisting energy on Proof-of-Work? Use your Rigs for scientific progress!
Member of Gridcoin-Germany - http://uscore.net (en) - http://uscore.de (de) - http://gridcoin.us (ann)
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:15:16 AM

Gridcoin delivered its working cryptocurrency that rewards for folding which is even less centralized:

I just spent some more time reading up on the Gridcoin announcement thread on cryptocointalk.  As I've said repeatedly I have the utmost respect for Rob, but he is human and I believe it is fair to say he is stretched a bit thin at the moment.  If Curecoin doesn't launch then I will end up looking at Gridcoin again because I love the concept behind both of the coins as I've mentioned in my previous posts on this thread.

However, after reading the last 10 pages or so of the announcement thread on cryptocointalk it appears that Gridcoin is at a crossroads and it looks like some members are clearly trying to tilt the future of Gridcoin in their favor.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out but I'll watch from the sideline for now.

srwt

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:56:57 AM

Yes, and Ripple provides their XRP for participation in BOINC program. There are AntiAIDS, Pure Water, AntiCancer projects.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:40:21 AM

Yes, and Ripple provides their XRP for participation in BOINC program. There are AntiAIDS, Pure Water, AntiCancer projects.

CureCoin has much better name for marketing. Let's say how good they will use all of this.

o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:42:00 AM

I have some GPUs ready for this folding, when will it come out!?
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 10:14:03 PM

I just spent some more time reading up on the Gridcoin announcement thread on cryptocointalk.  As I've said repeatedly I have the utmost respect for Rob, but he is human and I believe it is fair to say he is stretched a bit thin at the moment.  If Curecoin doesn't launch then I will end up looking at Gridcoin again because I love the concept behind both of the coins as I've mentioned in my previous posts on this thread.

However, after reading the last 10 pages or so of the announcement thread on cryptocointalk it appears that Gridcoin is at a crossroads and it looks like some members are clearly trying to tilt the future of Gridcoin in their favor.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out but I'll watch from the sideline for now.

GridCoin is certainly an interesting project, though I haven't been keeping up with it much. At its current point, GridCoin rewards users only for CPU utilization if I'm not mistaken.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: