safari - 11 (9.5%)
links/lynx - 4 (3.4%)
other - 5 (4.3%)
internet exploder - 8 (6.9%)
opera - 7 (6%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the browser you use?  (Read 1317 times)
Tasty Champa (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:23:27 PM

You get 4 votes each, and you can change your vote too.
If you choose other please specify.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tasty Champa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:24:56 PM

oops! you get 7 votes each.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:26:49 PM

Isn't it 6?
Lynx FTW btw

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Tasty Champa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:32:40 PM

Isn't it 6?
Lynx FTW btw

it's 7 but can only use 6, I goofed up. xD
I was thinking it may have been possible to vote for 1 option more than once.
that's what I was going for.
Tasty Champa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:34:29 PM

Isn't it 6?
Lynx FTW btw

Hey, I just saw the 2nd part of your message.

How do the exchanges run in lynx?
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:40:30 PM

Isn't it 6?
Lynx FTW btw

They don't, that's why I had to vote for Firefox too Grin

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Tasty Champa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:54:10 PM

Isn't it 6?
Lynx FTW btw

They don't, that's why I had to vote for Firefox too Grin

It is very cool being able to use lynx or links on web hosting with ssh support. Smiley
too bad they don't support web socket though.
Tasty Champa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:57:29 PM

added Opera.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:19:34 AM

google chrome canary  Cool

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
spruce

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:25:54 AM

How about people say what they like/dislike about specific browsers? I'm willing to change for a better one. I noticed Chrome is near or at the top of the list — why is that?

I use Opera and Firefox routinely. What I like about Opera: Simple speed dial; easy to edit page source for HTML pages; easy page zoom up to 5x. I mostly use Firefox for its Download Helper plugin.
dub0matic

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:30:19 AM

been using firefox since the begining. i like all the add-ons/plugins and greasemonkey is sick

make it rain haha
btc 176MrZ3CCXGb1GqFiGaoqQpaynzYqZsW6n
CD-RW

Activity: 56
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:13:48 PM

Firefox and Chrome... Switching from firefox to chrome went so damn well! Smiley
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 06:43:06 PM

Other than lynkx, I just use if I need something over SSH, but normally wget is enough, as for any remote server I just need to download something, I use them all, once I've to test how things look on each one of them.
However for daily and personal use: Firefox. My reason doesn't quite go around add-ons, as I use pretty few, just webdeveloper toolbar, but for being full W3C compliant and have a separate network management. Other than this one just Opera, as Safari and Chrome uses the general Internet Options - this means that if you want to go somewhere behind a proxy or tor, Safari and Chrome will force your whole system to go behind it, whereas FF and Opera can connect to the proxy without bother the rest of internet using applications.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Xephan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 07:00:48 PM

How about people say what they like/dislike about specific browsers? I'm willing to change for a better one. I noticed Chrome is near or at the top of the list — why is that?

I use Opera and Firefox routinely. What I like about Opera: Simple speed dial; easy to edit page source for HTML pages; easy page zoom up to 5x. I mostly use Firefox for its Download Helper plugin.

I just like my browser to let me do what I want, the way I want it. Firefox used to be that but the decisions made in the last couple of "versions" are making me feel annoyed.

Google put me off in the early days when they decided they had the right to schedule update checks every other hour without asking me if I like it that way. And making me go through unnecessary work to kill that. Unfortunately my work requires me to test on it so I have to live with ticking it.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 07:07:38 PM

I live chrome.

Except on Linux, I kind of like FireFox.

laydum

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 07:19:36 PM

Chrome is nice, firefox is a close second
froggy

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 10:45:16 PM

Firefox and Opera all the way for me (with K-Meleon every now and then)

Tried Chrome and didn't like it's over-simplecity at all (I love my menu bar too much).

Firefox is currently my main browser.  Addons and plugins are the highlights for me of Firefox, particularly NoScript which allows you to visit webpages without having the javascript/flash run, and then quickly fine tune of what you do and don't want to allow.

Opera I like for the speed and the easy maneuverability of buttons, bars and stuff.  It's got the best way of organising bookmarks too .
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 11:29:41 PM

firefox with a bunch of add ons for general browsing, chrome if i need to do something quickly.
laydum

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 03:08:37 AM

firefox with a bunch of add ons for general browsing, chrome if i need to do something quickly.

This.
qbg

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 04:05:24 AM

I can't live without Firefox's awesomebar.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: