Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:38:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [eMunie] eMunie Tech & General Q&A Thread - Get Involved  (Read 15586 times)
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:59:13 PM

eMunie is truly a 2nd generation crypto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:47:27 PM

I've got one question.
If eMu supply increases when there is more demand, how will the value of eMu increase in the long run?
What is it about eMu that is attracting big investors if they won't be able to make any profit?
The only way for price to increase is if supply remains unchanged or falls when demand increases. But if supply increases with demand, then the price will only stay the same or fall if there is too much supply.

If you could clear that up, I'd be most grateful.
feomat

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:15:16 AM

So mainly eMunie is made to be stable and not to grow in unbelievable heights like btc.
The price can still increase like the other alts. Its happening if people sell their coins e.g. 0.2$ instead of 0.1$ in the pre-sale.
If nobody is selling the system is generating some coins but i dunno how the price would be if the last price was e.g. 0.2$.

wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:23:24 AM

I've got one question.
If eMu supply increases when there is more demand, how will the value of eMu increase in the long run?
What is it about eMu that is attracting big investors if they won't be able to make any profit?
The only way for price to increase is if supply remains unchanged or falls when demand increases. But if supply increases with demand, then the price will only stay the same or fall if there is too much supply.

If you could clear that up, I'd be most grateful.

Hopefully Dan's Answer(Dev of eMunie) can help

"Interest

To combat this inflation due to the effect of the increasing work in the system, a portion of the supply eMu's are passed to the accounts already holding eMu as "interest". Interest is calculated as the current annual % increase in eMu supply, as per demand, plus a % increase to ensure equilibrium. This ensures that while the new supply of eMu entering into the system may have higher "value" due to more work done to achieve them, all other eMu's in the system, while worth less, are topped up with new, more valuable eMu to guarantee that stake holder of current eMu does not loose out.

Interest is ALWAYS higher than new supply %, even if just marginally, except in the event, that demand ceases to exist, or is 0. Interest is then also 0 to ensure the equilibrium and solidify the value of all eMu in the system. "

http://forum.emunie.com/index.php/topic/139-emunie-latest-technical-and-feature-set-ramblings-29th-june-2013/
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:26:52 AM

so if i want to run a hatcher on a VPS.... will it require any emunie credentials to be stored on the VPS?
intel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:28:43 AM

so if i want to run a hatcher on a VPS.... will it require any emunie credentials to be stored on the VPS?

I think so, there 'll be something like wallet.dat

[!] 24.7 NXT News Portal. Real-Time Update. Share your own news with NXT community and get FREE NXT!
mumung

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:40:45 PM

I think I don't fully understand emunie yet, but I'd apprecite any help that lets me further understand.
Also it makes me a little skeptical if a developer needs several forum pages to describe his project.
I am a big fan of simplicity (btc and other coins) ....not even sure if all fearures like chat, email really are
necessary or just a bloat, ppl don't change. nobody will drop email or text for these features.

But my questions is in regard to supply demand and price stabilisation.
Let's say the presale is over an people got their emunies at $0.1 a piece.
What prevents other people from putting in buyorders at $0.0001 ?
Obviously there would a demand that nobody would be willing to fill.
On the other end, what prevents people from offering their coins at $100.00 a piece?

So my question is what triggers inflation? Would you guys fill the demand at $0.0001 and inflate
the whole currency by giving other ppl more? Obviously you must have thought of threshholds that trigger influation... how can this system be self-regulating and how do you prevent ppl messing around with it?
Also, is there a limited supply of reissued emunies per timeframe or unlimited supply all the time?

Thanks.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

eMu is going to be a really interesting experiment for a number of reasons.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mumung

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:24:33 PM

eMu is going to be a really interesting experiment for a number of reasons.

Thanks! Insightful... don't bother to elaborate... I hope that wasn't an answer to my questions above.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:40:17 PM

Courtesy of a little birdy, I take zero credit...

Do u mean this little birdy - https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2750.msg27177.html#msg27177 ?
kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:44:45 PM

I don't think it's a scam.
If it is a scam, he will be encouraging people to invest and promising high return. He has been doing quite the opposite - delaying the public presale launch and letting people know that the price appreciation is going to be limited due to the price/demand stabilization mechanism.
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:51:46 PM

Let's say the presale is over an people got their emunies at $0.1 a piece.
What prevents other people from putting in buyorders at $0.0001 ?
Obviously there would a demand that nobody would be willing to fill.

So my question is what triggers inflation? Would you guys fill the demand at $0.0001 and inflate
the whole currency by giving other ppl more?

I don't understand this part of eMu either, can someone provide an explanation? 
LeoC

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:19:46 PM

Courtesy of a little birdy, I take zero credit...

Do u mean this little birdy - https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2750.msg27177.html#msg27177 ?

No, someone who has been a member for a long while.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:51:49 PM

have you make up your mind? because you seems confused Grin

This one was huge though, I'm sure people will fail to read this thread and lose their money. I hate what crypto is turning into.

So far, the only real 2nd gen crypto is Nxt.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:30:46 PM

Can someone explain to me why is it a good idea to invest in the upcoming eMunie IPO?

Since this currency is anti-hoarding, why would I want to own it and invest in this IPO?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:33:00 PM

have you make up your mind? because you seems confused Grin

This one was huge though, I'm sure people will fail to read this thread and lose their money. I hate what crypto is turning into.

So far, the only real 2nd gen crypto is Nxt.

eMunie is legit 2nd gen.

What i meant was, NXT is the only one alive and active with everything functioning live. 
mumung

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:33:31 PM

everything mentioned above should give you plenty reason not to invest.
as far as i know emunie is dead anyways. not that i'd care.
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:37:38 PM

I like the goals of this creation, and I applaud the OP for following through. I have a couple comments.

2. Inflation: Your inflation model is unnecessary. There's no intrinsic difference between doubling the existing currency of people holding emunie, thus inflating the currency base amongst those people, and bitcoin's system of deflation which causes people to divide their earnings, only the latter is far simpler and likely less exploitable (if an exploit does appear), but at the least causes less worry. Everyone knows there's only 21m bitcoin ever, but there's no upper limit of emunie, so that's a bit less good. Because currencies in the past have often been destroyed by hyperinflation--that's the typical way for fiat to die in fact, and bitcoin makes that impossible, but it looks like your system does not, and that's a worry.

The only reason people/economists/governments want an inflationary currency if because most people are debtors and want their loans to become cheaper over time; most economists are Keynesians and want to manipulate the economy with credit and by creating new money, and governments can greatly increase their wealth and power by controlling where new money gets spent.

You create here a system where people who have emunie also receive the new inflated money. That satisfies none of the concerns and wishes of the people above and they'll be just as against it as bitcoin's deflationary model.

But at least you're not outright making it inflationary in the way that a government makes new currency for themselves and gets to spend it all themselves, stealing value from all currency holders, at least you're not doing that, so I consider it workable if unnecessary.

The inflation model allows the price of Emu against other fiat currencies to be more stable than bitcoin. This allows merchants to accept payments in Emunie without worrying about massive price swings. With Bitcoin, merchants usually cashout their bitcoins upon recieving payment.

stacking coin
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:03:51 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 03:59:38 AM by hamiltino

Can someone explain to me why is it a good idea to invest in the upcoming eMunie IPO?

Since this currency is anti-hoarding, why would I want to own it and invest in this IPO?

Hoarding or as i like to call it; "storing your economic power" is absolutely viable with emunie. A projected increase of 5% a year on the price as well as receiving a stake in the new supply of Emu's going into the system. Emunie can be seen as "anti-hoarding" only when compared to bitcoin as their is much more incentive to hoard bitcoins due to its 21 million fixed limit. The more people hoard bitcoin, the more the price of bitcoin rises and falls in an unpredictable fashion because demand spikes and hoarders cashout.

However when FIAT collapses due to excessive money printing; the issue i stated with bitcoin will not be a problem anymore as there will be an ecosystem of suppliers>merchants>consumers using bitcoin. But until FIAT collapses or made redundant, emunie is currently the best solution as a crypto-currency in competing with FIAT.

stacking coin
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:56:30 AM

Java, MySQL or Derby are needed to run eMunie so what would happen if there is an exploit or bug found in one of them? Will eMunie be able to be easily updated without causing any disruption to running clients (other then a quick update/restart)?

Java 8 will be out soon and people will most likely upgrade to it, will this cause a problem? People using Java 6 haven't had much luck running the client so It seems like Java 7 is needed that's why I am asking this question.

Thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: