Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:39:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FOR SALE] Expert sysadmin to set up your bitcoin farm. The sky is the limit.  (Read 1556 times)
marvinmartian (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:32:32 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2011, 01:59:25 AM by marvinmartian

Have a lot of money but don't know how to set up a bitcoin farm?

Have no money, but know people who do, and want to set up a bitcoin farm?

Any combination of the above, and want to set up a bitcoin farm?

Send me a note.  I have 24 machines currently running myself at around 8 Gh/s.  Can set up similar for you in just a few days (after parts arrive).  10 Gh/s to 1000 Gh/s ... it all depends on how much you want to spend and how much current your home or office space can handle.

All Linux.  All secure.  Rigs can be monitored via web page or mobile phone as well as reconfigured for custom power and temp settings.

I've been setting up Linux boxes and developing software for Linux since before Kernel 1.0.

"... and the geeks shall inherit the earth."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 01:07:18 AM

So, you're selling a service to recommend what to buy with help on installation (hardware/software)?

marvinmartian (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 01:59:00 AM

So, you're selling a service to recommend what to buy with help on installation (hardware/software)?

As well as the physical manpower to put together efficiently (in $ and kw/h) built and spec'd bitcoin mining rigs.  

I'm sure many here on these boards can set up rigs.  I'm just selling my ability to do it quickly, as I said efficiently, and solidly under Linux.  I've basically come up with my own linux distro (eg., Ubuntu plus lots of tools I've written) to make managing dozens or even hundreds of machines pretty simple.

Oh, and I guess it goes without saying, I accept bitcoins as payment and will even work off a % share of your rig's profit.

kookiekrak

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 08:18:25 PM

wait what? 24 machines for only 8ghs? only 350mhs per machine???
thats such a waste of electricity...

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
marvinmartian (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 09:03:23 PM

Wait, what?  You have no clue how much current each machine pulls.  Nor do you have a clue what I pay for in electricity.  In fact, I humbly contend that you simply have no clue.

Yes, and I will be upgrading.  The thing is, I paid next to nothing for my machines (eg., mobo, cpu, ram, cables, chasis and fans).  

Go ahead, try and build 24 mining rigs for nothing more than the price of the video cards.  

Upon initial investment, $/mh/s is more important than $/kw/h.  

I've already made more than $2000 from the machines, AFTER the cost of electricity.  Had I spent more than double my initial investment (see below) I might have saved $100 on my electric bill, but that would have effectively doubled my initial investment, perhaps more.

Now, I can benefit from low cost bitcoin mining and easily upgrade to more efficient systems AT NO ADDITIONAL RISK to my investment.

I can easily set up rigs with 4 cards each in them running much more efficiently kw/h wise.  But that requires an investment in the motherboard, cpu, ram, chasis, cables and fans.

Balancing $, kw/h and initial investment is what I'm all about.  And as my friend, kookiekrak, illustrates ... not everyone has a solid grasp on how to do that.

If you'd like to get a ton of machines up and running quickly, at a very low cost of entry, I can help.  I still have industry contacts selling hardware at ridiculously low prices.  If, however, you'd like to build "state-of-the-art" rigs maximized for electrical efficiency I can help you there too.  Of course, you may want to balance the two just like I've done for myself.

kookiekrak

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 12:35:44 AM

Wait, what?  You have no clue how much current each machine pulls.  Nor do you have a clue what I pay for in electricity.  In fact, I humbly contend that you simply have no clue.

Yes, and I will be upgrading.  The thing is, I paid next to nothing for my machines (eg., mobo, cpu, ram, cables, chasis and fans).  

Go ahead, try and build 24 mining rigs for nothing more than the price of the video cards.  

Upon initial investment, $/mh/s is more important than $/kw/h.  

I've already made more than $2000 from the machines, AFTER the cost of electricity.  Had I spent more than double my initial investment (see below) I might have saved $100 on my electric bill, but that would have effectively doubled my initial investment, perhaps more.

Now, I can benefit from low cost bitcoin mining and easily upgrade to more efficient systems AT NO ADDITIONAL RISK to my investment.

I can easily set up rigs with 4 cards each in them running much more efficiently kw/h wise.  But that requires an investment in the motherboard, cpu, ram, chasis, cables and fans.

Balancing $, kw/h and initial investment is what I'm all about.  And as my friend, kookiekrak, illustrates ... not everyone has a solid grasp on how to do that.

If you'd like to get a ton of machines up and running quickly, at a very low cost of entry, I can help.  I still have industry contacts selling hardware at ridiculously low prices.  If, however, you'd like to build "state-of-the-art" rigs maximized for electrical efficiency I can help you there too.  Of course, you may want to balance the two just like I've done for myself.

lol. good luck if you want to buy a service from him.

regardless of whether the parts costed you anything, in the long run, electricity is the main cost after all the equipment is paid off.

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
Yuusha

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 01:11:12 AM

lol. good luck if you want to buy a service from him.

regardless of whether the parts costed you anything, in the long run, electricity is the main cost after all the equipment is paid off.
Uh, not really. If he really builds those rigs for only the cost of the graphics cards, then he's probably saving money this way. Building a machine that can run three 6990s for example, costs around $800. Three 6990s = ~2100 mh/s. To achieve 8 gh/s, you'd need four of these machines. This means an additional initial investment of $3200, and I doubt the machines would even live long enough to make that money back in elecricity savings.
ruski

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:20:51 AM

Uh, not really. If he really builds those rigs for only the cost of the graphics cards, then he's probably saving money this way. Building a machine that can run three 6990s for example, costs around $800. Three 6990s = ~2100 mh/s. To achieve 8 gh/s, you'd need four of these machines. This means an additional initial investment of $3200, and I doubt the machines would even live long enough to make that money back in elecricity savings.

Beg to differ, good sir.

See my sig for a computer that can handle 4, and it only cost $400, not including Win 7 which I bought but isn't necessary.

Yuusha

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 01:50:59 PM

Beg to differ, good sir.

See my sig for a computer that can handle 4, and it only cost $400, not including Win 7 which I bought but isn't necessary.

Ah, yeah, a big part of that cost was assuming you want a chassis. I just took a machine from the wiki. But okay, let's assume your machine instead.

That's ~2800 mh/s per machine. You need approximately three of these machines to achieve 8 gh/s. 3 x 400 = 1200, meaning an additional initial investment of $1200. This is much less than the earlier example, but saving $1200 in electricity costs will take a very long time. Again, probably longer than the lifetime of the cards in question.

Of course, in a normal scenario, electricity is the most important consideration. But in cases where the difference in initial investment is so large, initial costs can be far more important.
marvinmartian (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:16:44 PM

Beg to differ, good sir.

Those are good suggestions for a rig no doubt, although I see prices closer higher than that now (~$600$-700) after you add up *everything*.  Regardless, at $150-$175 per card that's not bad.  But, if you don't want to spend that much to set up each card, there are other options too.  They do of course use a bit more electricity.

It all boils down to how you'd like to maximize your investment:  with respect to time (get profits asap), longevity (build a rig that will use the lest kw/h), or some mixture of both.

EG., the consideration plays itself out every day with people buying 5830s and 6990s.

All I'm offering is the ability to:

1. Run numbers and show you how much you'd make every month using different estimates for difficulty and BTC price.

2.  Help implement and design a plan to maximize your profits over XX amount of time.

The BTC forums offer pretty much the same if you're willing and able to put in the work, have some experience (willingness/ability to learn) administering server farms.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: