Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:09:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty payouts in ETH or new token?  (Read 177 times)
cryptohoodz (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:09:36 AM

Do you bounty hunters get paid in ETH or do you receive the ICO token (which is erc20 in most cases)?

Suppose you receive it in their own token, I assume you cannot do anything with them until they get listed on an exchange, correct?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:21:36 AM

Do you bounty hunters get paid in ETH or do you receive the ICO token (which is erc20 in most cases)?
It depends on the bounty. Some bounties pay in BTC, some in ETH, some in their token. You can easily see this on the bounty thread; and if they didn't specify, you could easily post a reply on their thread and ask them.

Suppose you receive it in their own token, I assume you cannot do anything with them until they get listed on an exchange, correct?
Yes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
supertalker

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:10:50 AM

Yes, you may right. You have to read their white paper before attend the bounty. Only white paper can give you a clear concept about their project.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:52:16 PM

The bounty payout can be by bitcoin or ethereum and yes that tokens you earned you cannot sell it if they not listed on exchange
theobserverr

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 01:16:54 PM

Lately , some ico will not pay you immediately.

There are variations e.g. they will pay you (in their coins) after a month has passed since they got listed or since their ico ended.

This is done because as they say they try to avoid the immediate sell of their coins from bounty hunters....
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:21:26 PM

yes ,and most of bounty campaigns thier participants will recieve thier token and not eth. You cant do anything on that token until its not listed in aby exchanges and the worst that token is a shit tok3n.

3BCcash

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:11:53 AM

If it is my first payment as bounty participant, I would really want to be ethereum, because I've read that you need eth to pay for the fee when you sell your coins or tokens in which I don't have yet.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:52:48 AM

Tokens usually instead of ETH/BTC that was raised from the fundraising so that the price can crash for the investors. This is the norm.

You might ask next.. if companies value their token, why would they hand them out instead of ETH? But be careful with asking that as it might lead to a realization. If too many people reach that realization, all ICOs will vanish. BTC will go back to 2013 levels.
Chefironside

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:21:35 AM

Envion pays Bounty with Envion Token. But only in the future.  Grin Grin 2018,2019 or later !! And when that is nobody knows. and if bounty is paid with ethereum the bounty people can not dump the token which is also very good .Daostack will pay Bounty People in Ethereum .
ice guy john

Activity: 17
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:27:26 AM

In most cases they will tend to pay you in thier ICO/erc 20 token

Yesyou cant do anything with it until its listed
neo444

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:09:25 AM

Not all the bounty pay by ETH because they exist many bounty who pay by BTC and you are right about the tokens who not listed on exchange you can't sell them or do anything by it also they exist many tokens earned by bounty and listed on exchange but without value in market so you can't sell them
ozing

Activity: 135
Merit: 4

You become what you think.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 11:16:36 AM

I prefer payments that are made with either btc or ETH,but if I have to wait for the token it is good, you never can tell if the coin will be the next Eth

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:19:28 AM

Most amount of companies pay bounty in his own tokens. Very rarely come across companies that pay on the eth or btc. This is usually provided for in the rules of campaign bounty.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:42:36 AM

Envion pays Bounty with Envion Token. But only in the future.  Grin Grin 2018,2019 or later !! And when that is nobody knows. and if bounty is paid with ethereum the bounty people can not dump the token which is also very good .Daostack will pay Bounty People in Ethereum .

You certainly have high faith in the Envion team. My prediction is never.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:27:48 PM

I suggest you to read the bounty Whitepaper, by doing so you will see what coin they would pay to bounty hunters if it is bitcoin, ethereum or their own tokens. Most of the bounties are ethereum base or erc20 which means you will received tokens as their payment after their project ends.

Correct answer. No listed in exchange site then that means there's nothing we can do as you mention.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 02:55:13 PM

Most of the bounty campaigns prefer to pay the participants in their own tokens. Out of hundreds of such campaigns only 1 or 2 prefer to pay in bitcoins or Eth.
Yes, it becomes risky on the part of bounty hunters because they would be dealing with a newly created token that is worthless at the moment. I generally prefer payment in btc or eth because they are established currencies, but the reality is opposite.

So, before joining any campaign blindly, I prefer you do proper research of that project or just waste your time on those tokens.

Btw, I would recommend you to invest in Howie Coin Link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3920469.0
It is SEC approved so you can invest in bindly to get greater profits !!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: