Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🚀【ANN】【PRE-ICO】🚀 0xcert - open protocol for certified non-fungible tokens  (Read 1307 times)
0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:03:52 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 05:26:44 PM by 0xcert

HOME PAGE  |  WHITE PAPER  |  GITHUB  |  TELEGRAM

TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  LINKEDIN  |  REDDIT

---------
WHAT IS 0xCERT

0xcert is the first open protocol for issuing, verifying and managing certified unique digital assets on the Ethereum blockchain.

---------
CURRENT SITUATION

Low-level blockchain complexity hinders a wide adoption of non-fungible tokens and blockchain in general. The lack of conventions prevents interoperability among applications.

If an organization wants to develop their own decentralised application that uses non-fungible tokens, they would face long development time and add huge risk to their development process and security. In the long run, each organization that would like to adopt the same technology would have to go through the same development process - and their work is doubled every time, which lowers the overall efficiency and adoption rate. The resulting ecosystem of digital assets would be fragmented, with non-interoperable dapps and underlying data.

---------
WHY ARE WE HERE

The vision of 0xcert is to provide an open protocol for standardized and certified non-fungible tokens to a wider tech audience. We want to help developers build on top of the new ERC721 (non-fungible token) standard by providing a complete toolset, development framework and a set of conventions for various use cases.

With 0xcert, we can drastically shorten development time, decrease risk and cut cost associated with developing blockchain solutions. A wide range of decentralised applications and business models can be supported, giving companies the power to fully utilise the potential of blockchain technology.

Our goal is to bring this amazing technology closer to the non-blockchain tech community and allow them to build awesome dapps on top of it. And it’s not just about cryptocollectables, with the conventions layer your wallet can become a secure storage for your college degree, KYC certificates, loyalty program, software license, event tickets, intellectual property, etc.

---------
DEPLOY WITH A FEW LINES OF CODE

No need to struggle with the low-level blockchain complexity. Use a solid and flexible infrastructure, that ensures interoperability between dapps by default.

---------
CONVENTIONS FOR INTEROPERABILITY

The 0xcert protocol provides conventions for creating certified non-fungible tokens from unique digital assets. With use of the protocol, proof of a digital asset can be written into the token. These proofs are built following conventions and enable data interoperability among various applications.

---------
LARGE AMOUNT OF USE CASES

The 0xcert protocol can be best described as the underlying technological base layer for new use cases to be built upon.
Developers will no longer need to be advanced Solidity developers to create blockchain based solutions. The simple to use SDKs (libraries in python, javascript, ruby,...) allow for fast and safe production, which in turn allows for more creativity and flexibility with high-level dapps. Use cases include KYC, academic credentials, certification, collectables, decentralised exchange, badges, product authentication, loyalty programs, in-game items, copyright, supply chain, medical data, content paywall, software licensing, and many more!

---------
OPEN SOURCE

0xcert is an open-source and community-driven project.
It’s first implementation is built on Ethereum, but due to the blockchain-agnostic nature of the protocol, expansion to other blockchains will follow. The protocol may also include a decentralized governance (DAO) mechanism to allow the community to vote for further improvements.

---------
EXISTING PARTNERSHIPS

The 0xcert technology is already being identified by various industry leaders. New partnerships and supporters are created almost on a daily basis. More importantly, a lot of blockchain companies have expressed interest to build their solutions on top of the 0xcert protocol. All of these announcements will be posted regularly!

---------
ZXC TOKEN

Details coming soon!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:05:58 PM

All important announcements regarding crowdsale and bounty will follow, stay tuned!
0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:29:38 PM

Hey TrackICO.io!

Thanks for your message, we have reached out Smiley

Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 12:38:49 PM

All important announcements regarding crowdsale and bounty will follow, stay tuned!

Woww very good interesting Dev.
We’re waiting for Campaign and Boounty, btw this planning make for new type token ERC721? Correct Huh

So!! exact destination on this project to verifying and managing certified unique to based on protocol ethereum?
but,what the appear almost identical with (0x Project - source code ethereum)  Roll Eyes

evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:38:11 PM

what's to make this coin differents with the other? and what's the excellent of this coin? I hope I can read the WP?
0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:04:10 PM

Woww very good interesting Dev.
We’re waiting for Campaign and Boounty, btw this planning make for new type token ERC721? Correct Huh

So!! exact destination on this project to verifying and managing certified unique to based on protocol ethereum?
but,what the appear almost identical with (0x Project - source code ethereum)  Roll Eyes

Yes, the protocol is for ERC721 tokens, correct!

The goal of the project is the 0xcert protocol, which is built for managing non-fungible tokens. A huge value add is also the framework, which allows non-blockchain developers to deploy non-fungible functionality with a few lines of code.

0x Project was a huge inspiration, I am very happy that you noticed! We are trying to build a similar solution, but for ERC721.
0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:13:11 PM

what's to make this coin differents with the other? and what's the excellent of this coin? I hope I can read the WP?

We'll post more in dept token info soon! In general, the XCT token is used in higher level dapps, built on top of the protocol. The most basic usage is for paying fees, but this can be expanded to so much more, depending on the dapp. Down the road, it might also be used in a decentralised governance model for protocol governance. We are actively building an ecosystem on top of the protocol, which will enormously increase the token usage amount.

WP is online, here is the LINK

jurez

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:15:40 PM

Hey evilsign, Jure here.

I don't think the question is what makes to coin different, I think the question is what makes this technology different from all others. If I'd had to pick one thing I'd say massive adoption.

Imagine this: So far you had to have a solidity/blockchain developer to do anything on the blockchain. Now, with our plug-and-play libraries (NodeJS, Ruby, Python, etc.), any developer can easily build an xcert dapp for issuing standardized and certified NFT tokens, like:

- college degrees,
- online credentials,
- KYC certifiates (you only do KYC once in life and reuse the same xcert for any ICO from your wallet),
- sotware licenses,
- even you own collectables (like CryptoKitties), etc.

So anything that is unique can now be issued and stored in a wallet. And you don't have to write a single line of code in Solidity to do this.

Now imagine tons of businesses out there who already have an existing business model. They see the potential in the non-fungible (ERC721) tokens and want to use this technology. Maybe some real-estate company, maybe some intellectual properties service... Well, now, they have everything they need to implement with -- the underlying solution so that they can focus on the upper application/service layer. What they're really good at.

Hope that answers your question  Smiley
evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:45:41 PM

yes, thank you that's what I mean. Now I think I have to learn about ERC721 first. I still learning about the difference between ETH and NEO and now appear something else that's coming from ETH. Good luck and good job with your project, perhaps you will announce the bounty campaign later, see you.
geronimo77

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:01:50 PM

Sorry I do not understand all about your project, I would like to ask some questions:
You write: "0xcert is the first open protocol for issuing, verifying and managing unique digital assets on Ethereum blockchain."

But the fee below you wrote: "Our goal is to bring this amazing technology closer to the non-blockchain tech community and allow them to build awesome dapps on top of it"

As I understand the first words, your project is serving the blockchain community and crytocurrency. And then you say you're targeting non-blockchain communities?
geronimo77

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:03:26 PM

Sorry I do not understand all about your project, I would like to ask some questions:
You write: "0xcert is the first open protocol for issuing, verifying and managing unique digital assets on Ethereum blockchain."

But the fee below you wrote: "Our goal is to bring this amazing technology closer to the non-blockchain tech community and allow them to build awesome dapps on top of it"

As I understand the first words, your project is serving the blockchain community and crytocurrency. And then you say you're targeting non-blockchain communities?

Can you help me understand something better? And sorry for my knowledge is not enough to understand what you write above. thank you
0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

Can you help me understand something better? And sorry for my knowledge is not enough to understand what you write above. thank you

Thanks for the questions, love it when people dig deep!

We see the adoption of crypto and blockchain in general as a big problem. It is currently more or less only available to developers that are able to use Solidity (in Ethereum's case), which hinders a wider adoption...but this should not be the case.

We are definitely here to serve the blockchain and crypto communities first. Having a protocol for managing NFTs by itself is a great value-add. Being able to do this faster and have conventions for interoperability is even better.

But we would also like to help this whole ecosystem by creating tools that also non-blockchain developers can use - the framework with SDK in popular programming languages.

For instance the code example from above. If somebody wants to use non-fungible tokens in their current solution (let's say issue certificates on the blockchain), they can get started and deploy a master smart contract with just a few lines of code. This is a huge step forward! Just imagine how big the adoption potential is, once more standard tools are available.

Hope this answers your question Smiley

SeveralQ

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:26:09 PM

Hi everyone! Just added the 0xcert ICO to my website https://concourseq.io/Q/0xcert. ConcourseQ is a collaborative due diligence community that researches and reviews ICOs. Anyone with an account can submit information to your page, so we are reaching out to this community to get you all involved in the discussion. Thanks! PS: If you have any questions about filling in the info, feel free to ask us in our discord group: https://discord.gg/j8RBAwB
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:41:33 PM

Too complex a language written white paper. Some protocol changed and so on. Here's how to deal with this all ordinary investor, who does not understand such details? How can he understand? Should I invest it or not?
french_andrey

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:00:11 PM

Hello, what kind of marketing do you plan to use for your project? What audience will be used to promote your token?
0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:30:05 PM

Hi everyone! Just added the 0xcert ICO to my website https://concourseq.io/Q/0xcert. ConcourseQ is a collaborative due diligence community that researches and reviews ICOs. Anyone with an account can submit information to your page, so we are reaching out to this community to get you all involved in the discussion. Thanks! PS: If you have any questions about filling in the info, feel free to ask us in our discord group: https://discord.gg/j8RBAwB

Hey SeveralQ!

Great, thanks for reaching out. We will get the ball rolling  Smiley

0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:33:15 PM

Too complex a language written white paper. Some protocol changed and so on. Here's how to deal with this all ordinary investor, who does not understand such details? How can he understand? Should I invest it or not?

Thanks for the comment dzkrb1966!

Yeah definitely, white paper is actually a part of the technical documentation for the protocol itself.

We will be releasing a light paper soon, which will be easier to read and be more geared toward the "ordinary investor".

0xcert (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:52:21 PM

Hello, what kind of marketing do you plan to use for your project? What audience will be used to promote your token?

We will be doing a bounty campaign soon, if this is what you are interested in  Grin
Praetorian.1legion

Merit: 121

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:06:43 PM

You have it written. "We want to help developers build a new standard ERC721 (non-fungible token), providing a complete set of tools, a development framework and a set of agreements for various uses." I have a question. Do you create a new technology? Do you want to move the etherium standard? It is commendable. Good luck, I hope that your new standard will be more advanced.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
jurez

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:38:55 PM

You have it written. "We want to help developers build a new standard ERC721 (non-fungible token), providing a complete set of tools, a development framework and a set of agreements for various uses." I have a question. Do you create a new technology? Do you want to move the etherium standard? It is commendable. Good luck, I hope that your new standard will be more advanced.

I see there's a typo in there, it should say "We want to help developers build dapps on a new standard ERC721 (non-fungible token)...". Thanks for pointing it out!

So, no, the base blockchain technology is still the same and it's based on Ethereum. But what is new is the token standard on top of the Ethereum, the ERC721. This was just recently confirmed by the Ethereum community and is now an official standard that we're using as well. On top of it, we're building the infrastructure that will support massive adoption of this tech.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: