Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can government destroy Bitcoin?  (Read 1695 times)
Dapu gap

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:42:33 PM

The government can not destroy its own bitcoin because of its decentralized nature. However, they can control and restrict their use in the territory of their jurisdiction

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vart4varta

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:19:52 PM

Needless to say, the crypto currency is difficult to destroy immediately - it was created in order to withstand external pressure. However, you can block the corresponding traffic, close certain resources, and completely prohibit bitcoins. In this case, the system is really waiting for serious problems.
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:25:23 PM

I dont think that any gouverment of the world could every destroy a cryptocurrencies. How should this go? Cryptocurrencies are decentralized, so there no main server who you can turn off. So maybe you can go and hunt the miners in your country, but this would be a huge tast and you will be never aible to get them all. And as long as they have internet in this country and many miners and fullnotes outside, the bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies blockchain will always running!
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:26:07 PM

The government can not destroy its own bitcoin because of its decentralized nature. However, they can control and restrict their use in the territory of their jurisdiction

if all countries agree to ban bitcoin, then they can destroy it verbally, but this will not be done because it is feared will emerge crime rate higher than cyberspace. Bitcoin has a big influence on this. Everything can still happen, but the fact is that not all countries today agree to ban bitcoin, and that will not damage the whole crypto ecosystem.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:40:08 PM

As recently government are banning bitcoin in some countries. Do you think can government distroy bitcoin?

In can, not literally though. It can destroy the cryptocurrency market by way of making it an illegal act or banning it that would prohibit people from using or supporting it, that in a sense, would be similar to death because that would surely affect the market and its assets so negatively that bad things will happen, most notably, the fall of the market itself. However, as I see it, a government wouldn't do that because, the thing is, they can have so many advantages from it.

Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:30:58 PM

I think the government can destroy bitcoin, but I hope it won't. Cryptocurrency is not evil and it is not intended to destroy the world and the economy, but on the contrary, it can improve our lives. I wish our government understood this.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Dondisimo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:02:48 PM

Undoubtedly, if the government sets a clear goal to destroy bitcoin, they will be able to do so. But I believe that mostly advanced people sit in power and figure out how best to allow bitcoin to function in the world and not stount to destroy it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Urbinklin

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:27:24 PM

If all countries of the world conspired and unanimously banned bitcoin, it could destroy it. But already several States have adopted bitcoin, some have the intention to consider its adoption, so destroy bitcoin around the world will not succeed. It's stupid.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:31:28 PM

As recently government are banning bitcoin in some countries. Do you think can government distroy bitcoin?

Maybe they can ban bitcoin on there country but they cannot destroy bitcoin because bitcoin is a digital currency that we can use internet. If internet will gone that is the only way to destroy bitcoin.
kache2018

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:36:24 PM

I think this is ironic in a sense that bitcoin is a decentralized platform where in control is limited to its users. How possible bitcoin can be intervened by the government or how true is that it has being banned in some countries?
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:45:55 PM

Though it may seem like they could because they are just effortlessly banning cryptocurrencies in tgeir respective countries the  truth is they really couldn't and no country could do it to bitcoin. There is no way a local government or even a national government could subjugate bitcoin just as how no country could take advantage of bitcoin's powers for themselves. Because bitcoin is a decentralized cryptpcurrency.
terbetet

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:50:42 PM

For me, government cannot destroy Bitcoin because for some reasons, their power is just limited for their own states or countries so it is still impossible if the international federation will do such thing, maybe they can but it will be a real large chaos because people especially individuals do have different beliefs, perception and reasoning towards using Bitcoin so still it is impossible because if they force to push on destroying Bitcoin, they will just fail to do it because a lot more people is still into using Bitcoin and the power of the government may not be enough to prohibit Bitcoin usage added by the fact that it is decentralize.

iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:51:57 PM

Does the government have the authority to destroy bitcoin? I do not think so. the government can only impose a ban or accept bitcoin in the country the government has no right to destroy bitcoin because the government has no role to the development of bitcoin.
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:11:14 PM

Government can not completely shutdown bitcoin. They can only try but they will not be successful. There will always be cryptocurrencies friendly countries and some enthusiasts will not mind focusing on these countries due to the ease of doing business.
kache2018

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:16:42 PM

Government's intervention for me is based from that fact that they cannot earn from them unless they are being taxed. Government has no jurisdiction with bitcoin so what they do is they are partnering with internet providers to prevent its usage and their they can stop it.
lukeclick

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:29:27 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2018, 12:23:48 AM by lukeclick

Governments controls what happens within the country's borders,  whatever they decide as laws take effect, Therefore they have the powers to decide what they feel is  good and whats not good for their countries. if  the world governments act in union an decide to make Bitcoin illegal then it will be worthless and valueless, No one wants anything valueless as it will have no purpose at all. If this happens then they will have destroyed BTC completely as it will cease to have any use,
maflec0713

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:08:39 AM

The government cannot destroy bitcoin but they can regulate it in terms of law and policy of the government. Other government banned bitcoin because they can't control it because of its decentralization of digital currency. Even the government banned bitcoin in their country, their people can still used bitcoin and earn bitcoin in other country that accepts bitcoin transactions.
Flayme

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:50:09 AM

For me the government can banned bitcoin but they can never stop it... This is the era of Bitcoin even the government has a power to control it still they can't manipulate the desire of people to use it....  Beyond their restrictions we know that they are just only aiming for the goodness of their country...  I think they restrict it because they saw that bitcoin has its disadvantage...  But we are hoping tha beyond the disadvantage of bitcoin they will probably saw its advantage to us... We are hoping that soon government will be the one who promote Bitcoin...
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:03:08 AM

These government could stop the growth of bitcoin momentarily and i have not seen any major governments taking a stance against bitcoin, some of the Asian countries have mixed response according to the region but they cannot shut the network but they can make things difficult for the users to trade smoothly.
You're right on government cannot stop bitcoin but somehow it is affecting the price of it which is really not a good thing for the users. Unless every country in the world comes together to put bitcoin down I think it will be possible but as we can see different government has different perspective about bitcoin and they also has their won decisions.
3angel84

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:19:42 AM

I think that the government could not destroy this and they will not do it because what the government really its absulote purpose in destroying it if these crypto can makes its citizens good,for I've understand that the what the government vission is to make the citizen of its country to be a better citizens and I think that theres a lot of positive
impact brought but this crypto so why does they distroy it if this can make the citizen into a better ones.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: