Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:56:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-11-12 Obama Initiative Spawns Identity Based Bitcoin Greenlist  (Read 1409 times)
row5_seat47 (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:43:08 AM

The IDESG or Identity Ecosystem Steering Group recently filed paperwork with the Commonwealth of Virginia to incorporate the IDESG as a nonprofit corporation.  The IDESG was basically spun out of NIST or the National Institute of Science and Technology to “administer the development of policy, standards, and accreditation processes for the Identity Ecosystem Framework.”   

In April 2011, President Obama signed (PDF) the NSTIC or the National Strategy For Trusted Identities In Cyberspace...
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/8132/obama-initiative-spawns-identity-based-bitcoin-greenlist/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:35:58 PM

The only thing I'm going to let them identify is my middle finger. Nothing good can come from identity regulation from a government agency. They're not doing such a hot job right now over the things they're supposed to be regulating, like markets and banks, are they?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
row5_seat47 (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:45:42 PM

Youtube's MorningBit Reacts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLXMxP40F8
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:49:04 PM

Then comes the tattoos on our hands or foreheads so that they can track the purchases when Bitcoin becomes the new currency perhaps?

I would not put it past them anyways.

Some people are paranoid about Bitcoin being the "one-world currency" talked about in the Bible, which it might be, but the currency in itself is not the problem.  It will be the regulators of that currency which are the problem.  

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 12:22:31 AM

Then comes the tattoos on our hands or foreheads so that they can track the purchases when Bitcoin becomes the new currency perhaps?

I would not put it past them anyways.

Some people are paranoid about Bitcoin being the "one-world currency" talked about in the Bible, which it might be, but the currency in itself is not the problem.  It will be the regulators of that currency which are the problem.  

i would be worried but I have not seen a 6 headed dragon flying in the sky yet

but that might change soon with this awesome kickstarter... we can all slay him with our own magic casting wands

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/technicalillusions/castar-the-most-versatile-ar-and-vr-system
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:28:52 AM

The one-world currency in the Bible is the "wages of sin" (also known as "fiat")

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: