Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best wallet for bitcoin?  (Read 2925 times)
heidikarenina (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:26:29 PM

I am looking for the best bitcoin wallet.

What do you recommend guys?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:29:12 PM

What are your needs? Take your pick among the wallets recommended by the community: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:29:50 PM

Use blockchain.info wallet if you want to store bitcoin. I am using that wallet to store only my bitcoin. In my country, we have a wallet and an exchanger. I'm from the Philippines by the way. coins.ph is popular among bitcoin investors, where you can store BTC and ETH, cashout and convert PHP to BTC or ETH. It's useful, but if you're talking about in general, I suggest you use blockchain.info. Don't worry, you'll get many suggestions here.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
JavanaJe

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:35:24 PM

Lately I am interested in Luno. This Bitcoin Walllet has just come out. I consider this wallet new because this wallet has just been present in my country (Indonesia). What amazes me is the large number of users of this Bitcoin wallet, but yes it is, new. But some say if this Luno wallet is a Bitcoin wallet previously named BitX.

Luno has branches in various countries, such as Singapore, Cape Town, and London. This Luno is a wallet that has a satisfactory service, because it can be accessed on the web and applications based such as Android and iOS. Users can receive and send Bitcoin and can also to drag into the rupiah through a local bank.
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:36:16 PM

Use blockchain.info wallet if you want to store bitcoin. I am using that wallet to store only my bitcoin. In my country, we have a wallet and an exchanger. I'm from the Philippines by the way. coins.ph is popular among bitcoin investors, where you can store BTC and ETH, cashout and convert PHP to BTC or ETH. It's useful, but if you're talking about in general, I suggest you use blockchain.info. Don't worry, you'll get many suggestions here.
No, Never store your coin on website wallet! Thats not too safe, i prefer using application wallet such as Electrum or it will better if you use Hardware wallet, just don't store a lot of coin on web wallet or exchange wallet. Just my advice.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
hybridmedia
Copper Member

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:44:12 PM

I personally like using Exodus wallet, it includes shapeshifting abilities. However, if you're looking for long-term storage I suggest a paper wallet.
Topek3

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:48:10 PM

I think it depends on the country .
Can you try coins.ph if you are filipino
Because im user of coin.ph 100% trust for this apps
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:51:44 PM

I had using the coinbase wallet for long.It was good one.The amount of bitcoin I had hold in that wallet is safest upto now.
I had a mind set of don't accept anything without the practical experiences.More than a year I was holding the bitcoin in coinbase and use to buy and sell bitcoin in the coinbase.But I think in some of the country,coinbase is not able to buy and sell bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:53:01 PM

I think the best wallets are Trezor wallets and Nano wallets. They very reliable at the moment
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:56:59 PM

Please specify what kind of wallet would you want to use, an offline wallet for bitcoin or online wallet that has support also to more other altcoins.

I can suggest you to use is the bitcoin core wallet. This is one of the leading offline wallet for me and the safest wallet if you want to store your bitcoin for a long time.
Here's the link Bitcoin Core

For online wallet, there are a lot of choices you can choose from but I preffer using blockchain.info Smiley
cryptohoodz

Activity: 91
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:11:23 PM

Theoretically a hardware wallet is safer compared to online wallets. Ledger, Trezor are commonly used ones. Nonetheless, a wallet can always be hacked, so make sure you think of a good backup plan.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:12:00 PM

There is no best wallet. It always depends on what you prefer.
If you want to run a fullnode and contribute to the network, the bitcoin core client is the best option.For that however you'll have to download the whole blockchain.
If you want something quick you could also use a lightweight wallet for mobile or desktop. Electrum could be a good option here. I use both.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:22:27 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 04:32:43 PM by Welsh

Do not use blockchain.info to store Bitcoin. This isn't because it isn't trustworthy either. achow101 went through on some of the downsides of using blockchain.info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1914800.0

As you can see from that text he explains that it's a poorly written wallet and there's been several issues with fees not being calculated correctly. As far as I know with newly generated addresses you can't actually get the private key, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong here. This is obviously an issue because you do not have complete control over your funds, and if the website were to go down then there's no way for you to access your coins.

blockchain.info is very popular due to how easy it is, it doesn't require any setup and is very easy to just jump into generate an address and start receiving Bitcoin. Although, this might be good if you are just starting in Bitcoin (though I would argue it's better to start how you mean to go on) but, when storing Bitcoin for the long term it's recommended to be in complete control, and if possible generate the private key offline.

This advice also goes for exchanges you shouldn't store any amount of Bitcoin for a long period of time on their wallets. My general advice is to only ever store Bitcoin on an exchange when you are going to be exchanging it very soon. (within 12 hours)

The best wallet depends entirely on your preferences. Bitcoin core generally is a popular choice and support is available via the technical support section of this forum. Bitcoin core requires you to download the whole blockchain and store it locally on your storage device. This may not be the best option if you are lacking in space or patience.

Electrum is probably the second most recommended wallet which doesn't require you to download and store the whole blockchain. So it's quicker to setup and start using and doesn't clog up your hard drives. Electrum has had a few security vulnerabilities recently which have required the user to update their software to avoid any issues.

Hardware wallets are also pretty cool devices which protect you from common mistakes that are easily made via desktop wallets. Although, hardware wallets require an initial investment, although if you plan on holding a large amount of coins then it's certainly worth it if you are going to be accessing them a lot.

Generally, you need to ask yourself these questions:

Do I require full access to my funds? (Yes should always be the answer here)

Do I have the patience and storage capacity to download and store the whole blockchain? (If no look at lightweight clients such as Electrum)

Do I require regular access to the wallet? (If you need to access the wallet online regularly then I would recommend a hardware wallet to avoid falling down some of the pitfalls of accessing a typical wallet regularly on an insecure computer)

Honestly, if you are new or not there's just better options out there than using a online wallet.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1497

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:24:01 PM

I’ve been using Ledger Nano for 3-4 months now and I’m happy with it. The best is to use a hardware wallet or a paper wallet properly created. You can also have your funds in different ones if you have a considerable amount, like some crypto in your hardware wallet, some in your paper wallet and a bit in an exchange to trade.

Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:24:45 PM

There are a lot of wallets, but Blockchain is time-tested, you can already trust it. Therefore, Blockchain and only Blockchain.

TheSpark

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:25:36 PM

There are many choices for bitcoin wallet but It may not all be safe therefore I think best way for to protect bitcoin is hardware wallet
Husna QA
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2853

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:28:21 PM

I don’t trust blockchain.info.
I recommend that you set up your own full node with Bitcoin Core, which may be safely obtained from
https://bitcoin.org/ .
That is the most secure; but it requires substantial resources (>180GB for the whole blockchain, always growing)
and takes some days to download the whole blockchain before you can use the wallet.
If you need a “light client” which takes little resources and syncs quickly the first time,
I recommend Electrum from https://electrum.org/

Always download wallet software from official sites, and check the PGP signatures.
There are many attackers who create fake sites with coin-stealing software, especially fake Electrum due to its popularity.

Previously nullius suggested to me also.

godzillarekt007

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

Floki Robot

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:41:15 PM

Use a hardware wallet that way you don't have to trust no 3rd party and you will have your own private keys. Not to mention you physically have to be present to use it, the security is top notch.

Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:42:43 PM

The best so far that i've been use is blockchain , trusted by many users and i recommended it and also not just bitcoin but ethereum too, you can store them on block chain , so yes try this wallet and to be honest my friend recommended it too me so i just want to share it to you try it.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:43:28 PM

Hardware wallet is more safer than any other wallet so you should try hardware wallet. But all the wallets are more secured in crypto platform at the same time many beginners are just create the wallet then they don't use it properly so if you spend some money in your wallet you should always alert yourself otherwise we don't consider the other wallets. So all the wallets are best way to protect the Crypto asset.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: