Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:46:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Message for Tradehill  (Read 3592 times)
delson (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 01:15:08 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2011, 01:52:11 AM by delson

I am disappointed that you have removed Dwolla withdrawals as per your blog post today, without any prior notice.

This is not a good business practice. When you have many customers with a USD balance in their account (and may not want to convert back into bitcoins for transfer), you want to give them ample notice that you are no longer accepting a cash out method.

It was reasonable that you took down Dwolla deposits into Tradehill as that was resulting in direct loss on your end, forged statements, etc. However, that is a different issue because you are talking about deposits, not withdrawals. Some people depend on one method of getting the money out of your system, like me. Liberty Reserve is too difficult to manage due the number of shady exchange sites and high wire fees. Regular direct bank wires are expensive.  Paxium charges ridiculous fees, seem greedy, are involved with some (at least in my opinion) shady industries, and require a large amount of personal information to be sent. Dwolla costs $0.25.

You feel the need to make your users safe, and that is fine. However, you have went about it the wrong way. You should have made an announcement stating that you planned on discontinuing all Dwolla withdrawals, and provided a date on which this change would take place (say at least a week or two out). Then you should process all of those withdrawals in that period before the cut off date. This gives customers ample time to prepare for the change. As far as I am aware (correct me if I am wrong), processing Dwolla withdrawals does not put you in danger of losing more money. Therefore, it was completely irresponsible to do this.

I am sure many of you think Dwolla is a total scam, and completely back Tradehill up. The problem with their decision was not the idea removing Dwolla withdrawals, but not giving customers any real notice ahead of time. It is a real shame.

You still have a chance to fix this. Reopen Dwolla withdrawals for a few days at the very least. Allow users to withdraw their funds using that method until a specific deadline/cut off date. At that point, remove it.

-DS

Additional Edit: They also should have sent a mass email to all customers regarding this major change. I looked at the USD withdrawal options and was absolutely puzzled. A blog, linked with a tiny link at the bottom of the page...is not the proper place to announce very major changes in service. At least email your customers. All major business institutions send notices to customers regarding changes in service. When your bank (and I am using this as an example because Tradehill at least acts like a "fund storage" service) changes rules on withdrawals or deposits, you receive an email with dates on when said policy goes into place...and also a postal letter in addition to that. They don't make a post on Twitter or some blog without using means listed above when they change their policies, do they?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NF6X

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 01:42:22 AM

It was explained in the "Open questions..." thread that Dwolla withdrawals are also risky:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=33086.msg413909#msg413909

It sounds to me like Tradehill did what they had to do to protect both themselves and their customers.
Smalleyster

Activity: 84

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 01:44:48 AM

I just requested my btc balance be sent to my wallet.

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
delson (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 01:48:18 AM

Did they have a negative balance? Or is that speculation for the future? I didn't see that stated as a reason anywhere in their official blog post. If there wasn't an immediate danger, it still would be proper to give customers at least some notice before removing it.

They also should have sent a mass email to all customers regarding this major change. I looked at the USD withdrawal options and was absolutely puzzled. A blog, linked with a tiny link at the bottom of the page...is not the proper place to announce very major changes in service. At least email your customers. All major business institutions send notices to customers regarding changes in service. When your bank (and I am using this as an example because Tradehill at least acts like a "fund storage" service) changes rules on withdrawals or deposits, you receive an email with dates on when said policy goes into place...and also a postal letter in addition to that. They don't make a post on Twitter or some blog without using means listed above when they change their policies, do they?

Also, is Joel an official Tradehill employee? If this wasn't speculation regarding the negative balance, why does a non-employee have insider information regarding their situation with Dwolla?
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 01:52:06 AM

Also, is Joel an official Tradehill employee? If this wasn't speculation regarding the negative balance, why does a non-employee have insider information regarding their situation with Dwolla?

It's not that difficult to come up with that on your own.

You need to realize that what TradeHill did was for your benefit, not theirs.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
delson (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 01:55:08 AM

Let us say I am a bank. I have thousands of customers who use online banking for a variety of reasons. One day, as the CEO and decision maker for the company...I decide that to protect my users I must disable online banking as it is too easy for people to be keylogged and have their accounts hacked into.

So guess what, I am going to just pull the plug.

Oops. I just lost a large amount of business because my customers relied on online banking, and had no notice to prepare for the change. I know if I was a customer and that happened to me, I would be extremely angry at the bank and close my account the next day. Personally.
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 01:59:41 AM

Let us say I am a bank. I have thousands of customers who use online banking for a variety of reasons. One day, as the CEO and decision maker for the company...I decide that to protect my users I must disable online banking as it is too easy for people to be keylogged and have their accounts hacked into.

Oops. I just lost a large amount of business because my customers relied on online banking, and had no notice to prepare for the change.

If you're going to be hypothetical, at least actually come up with a situation that isn't massively different in a way that was clearly chosen to favor your argument...

How about you try a logical analogy, instead of an intentionally incorrect one?

Let us say you are a store. You have thousands of customers who order online with all the gift cards they got given for birthdays. One day, you discover that UPS is stealing large numbers of the packages you ship out, so you drop them as a carrier.

Gee, you look like a lot less of a jerk in the hypothetical when your decision was based on someone else's action...

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 01:59:50 AM

Oops. I just lost a large amount of business because my customers relied on online banking, and had no notice to prepare for the change.

Dude your parable dosen't equally equate with the point your trying to make. Try again....
TradeHill removed one of their many withdrawal methods, they didn't, as you say, "just pull the plug"

Now, you may argue that Dwolla is one of their more popular methods. Again, I agree with you.
You may think that TradeHill's methods of contact are wrong, but thats your opinion.

In reality, word gets out on these forums alot faster than most places I know  Wink

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:03:07 AM

...and that's why I felt compelled to pull my admittedly meager funds out immediately.

Sadly I will be contacting all those that I have recommended TH to to recant.

How embarassing two in one week! Sheesh.

A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NF6X

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:04:14 AM

They took action to plug a fraud hole that had already cost them tens of thousands of dollars. They also promised to spend their own money to make sure that their customers won't directly lose any of that money. As a result, some people are temporarily inconvenienced. Get over it.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:06:30 AM

...and that's why I felt compelled to pull my admittedly meager funds out immediately.

I've read your posts and I honestly don't understand what TradeHill did wrong to you.
All I read is how much you hate them and pulling your money out.
May I ask why?

delson (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:08:00 AM

If you're going to be hypothetical, at least actually come up with a situation that isn't massively different in a way that was clearly chosen to favor your argument...

How about you try a logical analogy, instead of an intentionally incorrect one?

Let us say you are a store. You have thousands of customers who order online with all the gift cards they got given for birthdays. One day, you discover that UPS is stealing large numbers of the packages you ship out, so you drop them as a carrier.

Gee, you look like a lot less of a jerk in the hypothetical when your decision was based on someone else's action...

If I was losing money in the process of shipping these packages, then I would understand dropping them as a carrier. If it was the customers entire responsibility, and they had to deal with UPS themselves, then I would do the correct thing and provide a notice ahead of time before removing the option to ship via UPS.

Is Tradehill losing money by allowing withdrawals via Dwolla? No.

May I lose money by using Dwolla, if these claims turn out to be true and Dwolla is a scam? Yes.

Is it my responsibility if I lose money in my Dwolla account? Yes.

Is it Tradehill's responsibility? No. They send the money, then at that point it is on me. So fine, they can act like the "good guys" and stop the withdrawals. At least give me some notice.

They took action to plug a fraud hole that had already cost them tens of thousands of dollars. They also promised to spend their own money to make sure that their customers won't directly lose any of that money. As a result, some people are temporarily inconvenienced. Get over it.

It isn't a "temporary inconvenience" when you are dealing with people's money. It is a major inconvenience, and a bad business practice.

TradeHill removed one of their many withdrawal methods, they didn't, as you say, "just pull the plug"

So if as a bank I decide one day without notice to not allow ATM deposits/withdrawals and online banking transactions to move money in and out of a bank account, but still allow teller transactions (hey, it is still a deposit/withdrawal method...) it makes it okay?
Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:11:41 AM

I've read your posts and I honestly don't understand what TradeHill did wrong to you.
May I ask why?

You have read my posts and came up with that conclusion? May I suggest you go back and re-read them, this time for content?

I *love* how open they (TH) have been during this process. I take Dwolla as the bad guy here. But the fact is I have no safe way to get money into or out of TradeHill now unless I am willing to write a check for $5,000. I don't have those kinds of funds available to me nowadays.

Please note this question, to which I *fully* expected that both questions would be answered with a resounding "YES NO PROBLEM". Instead I got a smartassed retort ABOUT NEEDING A MINIMUM OF $5,000!

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=33086.msg413819#msg413819

Sheesh!

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:17:37 AM

May I ask why?

You have read my posts and came up with that conclusion? May I suggest you go back and re-read them, this time for content?

I *love* how open they (TH) have been during this process. I take Dwolla as the bad guy here. But the fact is I have no safe way to get money into or out of TradeHill now unless I am willing to write a check for $10,000. I don't have those kinds of funds available to me nowadays.

Sheesh!

Some people would consider a Wire transfer safe, but not you....

Please note this question, to which I *fully* expected that both questions would be answered with a resounding "YES NO PROBLEM". Instead I got a smartassed retort ABOUT NEEDING A MINIMUM OF $5,000!

Instead of trying to get special treatment and making a stupid public post, why don't you email or skype them and wait like everyone else.

Sheesh!

delson (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:19:28 AM

I once again reiterate...I know there are at least several others with similar concerns as mine.

Tradehill- If possible....you managed to hold onto Dwolla withdrawals for a little while after discontinuing deposits. Email all users, and at least give them a few days to make their final Dwolla withdrawals. At that point, you can be completely done with it.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:21:18 AM

at least give them a few days to make their final Dwolla withdrawals. At that point, you can be completely done with it.

Although I would LOVE for this to be the case, its just not possible. We're talking about hundrends of thousands of dollars. Should TradeHill risk all these funds and trust Dwolla when they have already screwed us?

Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:21:25 AM

May I ask why?

I *love* how open they (TH) have been during this process. I take Dwolla as the bad guy here. But the fact is I have no safe way to get money into or out of TradeHill now unless I am willing to write a check for $10,000. I don't have those kinds of funds available to me nowadays.

Sheesh!

I am not "some people". I have initiated scored of wire transfers, most of which have been less than satisfying processes, especially when considering the fees involved. I have also initiated scores of transactions with four different brokerage houses who all accepted my mailed checks and mailed me checks gladly at NO EXTRA CHARGE.

Accepting and providing checks is special treatment? Remind me not to do business with you sir.

shockD

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:23:33 AM

Just piping in to say: thanks a ton for the notice TH, really lovely of you ... o_O
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:25:58 AM

May I ask why?

Sheesh!

I am not "some people". I have initiated scored of wire transfers, most of which have been less than satisfying processes, especially when considering the fees involved. I have also initiated scores of transactions with four different brokerage houses who all accepted my mailed checks and mailed me checks gladly at NO EXTRA CHARGE.

TradeHill is not a brokerage house.
However, under the Dwolla circumstances I do agree with you. They should temporarily figure out a way to accommodate you.
Have you tried contacting them directly? I know from experience they will jump over hoops for their customers.

delson (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:27:15 AM

at least give them a few days to make their final Dwolla withdrawals. At that point, you can be completely done with it.

Although I would LOVE for this to be the case, its just not possible. We're talking about hundrends of thousands of dollars. Should TradeHill risk all these funds and trust Dwolla when they have already screwed us?

Really? Again, assuming that Dwolla has not given Tradehill's account a complete negative balance (which they have not reported officially), how is Tradehill "risking all of these funds" by doing the following:

User A withdraws $1000 USD via Dwolla to Dwolla account xxx-xxx-xxx.

Tradehill adds $1000 USD funds to Dwolla account via bank transfer, sends money to User A.

User A withdraws money into personal bank account.

Done. Assuming Tradehill does not have a negative balance, they can do this just fine.
Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:35:08 AM

May I ask why?

Sheesh!

However, under the Dwolla circumstances I do agree with you. They should temporarily figure out a way to accommodate you.
Have you tried contacting them directly? I know from experience they will jump over hoops for their customers.

Like I said I was completely *shocked* the answer was not "sure we'd be glad to".

I like them both, but that was 100% the wrong way to treat a concerned customer, no matter how insignificant I am at this time.

To their credit the btc arrived in my wallet within minutes, not the 24 hours I had feared based on the wording on the website.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:38:22 AM

May I ask why?

Sheesh!

Like I said I was completely *shocked* the answer was not "sure we'd be glad to".

I like them both, but that was 100% the wrong way to treat a concerned customer, no matter how insignificant I am at this time.

As you said, "may I suggest you re-read my post"
I will repeat my comment for you, Have you tried contacting them DIRECTLY and not making a post on this forum like you are king of the world.

Really? Again, assuming that Dwolla has not given Tradehill's account a complete negative balance (which they have not reported officially), how is Tradehill "risking all of these funds" by doing the following:

User A withdraws $1000 USD via Dwolla to Dwolla account xxx-xxx-xxx.

Tradehill adds $1000 USD funds to Dwolla account via bank transfer, sends money to User A.

User A withdraws money into personal bank account.

Done. Assuming Tradehill does not have a negative balance, they can do this just fine.

TradeHill cannot send a single dollar to Dwolla until Dwolla reimburses them the money they are owed and commits to no future chargebacks based on past transactions.
Would you continue doing business with your accountant if you find out he was skimming money from you?

newMeat1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:38:41 AM

Your mistake was going public with it, Smalls. Why did you do that? If they said "Yes, we take checks", they would have effectively made that promise to everybody. There would have been all kinds of fraud. Now, if you had contacted them privately in the first place-- probably would have been no problem,

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:39:46 AM

Your mistake was going public with it, Smalls. Why did you do that? If they said "Yes, we take checks", they would have effectively made that promise to everybody. There would have been all kinds of fraud. Now, if you had contacted them privately in the first place-- probably would have been no problem,

THANK YOU for explaining to him what I have been trying to say. He obviously didn't read my comments.

Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:41:39 AM

Foolish me for thinking you had sudenly turned polite.

Any firm that can not answer such a simple question as to their ability of sending checks back and for payments in public does not deserve my business.

Your hole just got pretty damned deep too. Good luck to you sir.

Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:43:33 AM

Wow! Taking checks now exposes one to fraud? That's a new one on me. Never dreamed it would have to be a dirty little secret just between me and them.

I was trying my best to find reasons to recommend them.

newMeat1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:44:41 AM

You also would have issues with people writing $2 checks and stuff like that. There are reasons why many stores don't accept checks either

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:45:22 AM

Wow! Taking checks now exposes one to fraud? That's a new one on me. Never dreamed it would have to be a dirty little secret just between me and them.

I was trying my best to find reasons to recommend them.

Pardon my politeness but REALLY???

LOL he wasn't saying it exposes YOU to fraud, it exposes them to fraud.

And yes, check fraud is a real thing. Google it.

You also would have issues with people writing $2 checks and stuff like that. There are reasons why many stores don't accept checks either

True, thats a really good point! Another reason why accepting checks is a bad idea.

Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:46:59 AM

Sir, I am old and have done business with thousands of people and firms and waiting for a check to clear is standard business practice all over the usa.

Like your buddy said, google it.

delson (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:49:51 AM

The least Tradehill can do is offer an acceptable alternate bank transfer means for customers that are unable to use Dwolla. If they refuse to re-add it, I propose the following solutions:

A) Wire the money to us directly. You cover the costs on your end of the wire, and my end of the wire (because my bank charges for incoming wires). I will pay you the $0.25 that I would have paid with the Dwolla transaction.
B) Transfer the money for us into Mt Gox, and send us a Mt Gox payment in exchange for our complete Tradehill balance. Mt Gox still accepts Dwolla transfers.
C) Write us a check for our balance and mail it! It is ridiculous that they are not cutting a check to Smalleyster, check fraud or not...after what they did.

It isn't very fair for customers who depend on Dwolla to be stuck holding the bag for the exorbitant Paxium fees/general intrusiveness and wire fees. Offer us a way out.

NF6X

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:03:25 AM

C) Write us a check for our balance and mail it! It is ridiculous that they are not cutting a check to Smalleyster, check fraud or not...after what they did.

Even though I've been critical of your posts in this thread, I think I agree with you on that point. There are many reasons to prefer not to do business with checks, but it seems to me that cutting checks to customers as a temporary stop-gap measure in this extraordinary situation is appropriate.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:08:13 AM

Oh great now I have to start a paxum account just to get my leftover balance out......

NF6X

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:13:06 AM

Oh great now I have to start a paxum account just to get my leftover balance out......

Maybe this is a dumb question, since I'm not presently a user of either Tradehill or Paxum so I don't know all of the details. If you don't want to have to open a Paxum account, then couldn't you trade your leftover balance into BTC and then withdraw that to your wallet?
AtlasONo

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:17:18 AM

Yes you could. Tradehill USD> btc >mtgox usd>dwolla>your bank is the cheapest option now if I'm reading things right Roll Eyes

edit: Paxum fees are crazy
Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:19:09 AM

Maybe this is a dumb question, since I'm not presently a user of either Tradehill or Paxum so I don't know all of the details. If you don't want to have to open a Paxum account, then couldn't you trade your leftover balance into BTC and then withdraw that to your wallet?

That's exactly what I did.

NF6X

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:20:25 AM

I thought that I heard rumblings about MtGox dropping Dwolla while skimming the TH/Dwolla threads. Might need to hurry before that path is closed?
Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:23:05 AM

I thought that I heard rumblings about MtGox dropping Dwolla while skimming the TH/Dwolla threads. Might need to hurry before that path is closed?

I'll pull that trigger as soon as that bird flies.

delson (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:31:43 AM

Mt. Gox says they won't drop Dwolla at any time in the near future (recently, as of yesterday) link: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20317238-announcement-dwolla-transfer-option-will-remain-available
So that will remain open.

On the point of converting to BTC: You are then taking a risk, which I'd rather not take. It will take an hour or more for the BTC to get to you from tradehill. Then another 1-2 hours to get to Mt Gox to get back to USD. What if the market tumbles during that time period? I want the USD that is owed to me, in full.
AtlasONo

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:35:40 AM

Unlikely but true.

Thanks for making this thread, I totally forgot I put a couple bucks in TH.
NF6X

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:38:50 AM

On the point of converting to BTC: You are then taking a risk, which I'd rather not take. It will take an hour or more for the BTC to get to you from tradehill. Then another 1-2 hours to get to Mt Gox to get back to USD. What if the market tumbles during that time period? I want the USD that is owed to me, in full.

Uh, by that reckoning, if you had started the process when you created this thread, you'd probably already have your USD...  Roll Eyes
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:44:54 AM

pasting this from another thread it needs to be repeated.

Smalleyster,

I've been traveling and out of the loop so I need to apologize for that. I handle most of the payment options and Adam was filling in while I was at 30,000ft.

There are two transactions here.

1) Checks out replacing Dwolla out. We can certainly send a check. We will send it for free as well. I will ask the bank if there is an easy way we can do this by submitting a CSV etc or another option. If there isn't an easy way to do this then I will sit down and write check after check personally until my fingers are blistered. Once again, free of charge.

2) Checks in. I've been looking in to options for receiving checks but it needs to be 100% free of chargebacks on our end and affordable. I beleive that I've found a solution and hopefully will have an announcement in a few days.

We will 100% write you a check to pull out funds you would have normally removed via Dwolla. Free.
If we can accept checks in we will, we'll evaluate it at first and then keep it if it's a viable option.

Smalleyster, sometimes you hate us, sometimes you love us but you're always honest, non biased and provide excellent feedback. We enjoy having you on these boards regardless if you stay a TradeHill customer or not. We would prefer that you do and are willing to work with everyone to find the best way to get funds in and out until everyone is using Bitcoin and we don't need an exchange.

Feel free to contact me if you need anything in the future.

Regards,
Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
NF6X

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:46:35 AM

I am not presently a TH customer, but that latest response pleases me!
Smalleyster

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:50:57 AM

And this was my response in the other thread:

Much better answer, too bad you hit send to the first one as I have cashed out my meager ammount in btc. Thank you for sending it within minutes. For now I will sit on the sidelines and see what your next moves are and how they work out over the longer haul for your other clients.

Frankly I was utterly stunned at the previous post as I had never dreamed either of you would say something that foolish.

Here's hoping it all works out for the best.

PS: At no time have I "hated you" and I apologize if I have given that impression. If anything there is a PM in your files whereby I spent a *lot* of time and effort attempting to help you assure you would not repeat a small mistake in public again. Thankfully you have not. I deeply respect both of you for not only getting out in public on this dwolla debacle, but also in the way you have done it.

AtlasONo

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 04:08:06 AM

Cool
delson (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 04:15:24 AM

Smalleyster,

I've been traveling and out of the loop so I need to apologize for that. I handle most of the payment options and Adam was filling in while I was at 30,000ft.

1) Checks out replacing Dwolla out. We can certainly send a check. We will send it for free as well. I will ask the bank if there is an easy way we can do this by submitting a CSV etc or another option. If there isn't an easy way to do this then I will sit down and write check after check personally until my fingers are blistered. Once again, free of charge.

2) Checks in. I've been looking in to options for receiving checks but it needs to be 100% free of chargebacks on our end and affordable. I beleive that I've found a solution and hopefully will have an announcement in a few days.

We will 100% write you a check to pull out funds you would have normally removed via Dwolla. Free.
If we can accept checks in we will, we'll evaluate it at first and then keep it if it's a viable option.

Smalleyster, sometimes you hate us, sometimes you love us but you're always honest, non biased and provide excellent feedback. We enjoy having you on these boards regardless if you stay a TradeHill customer or not. We would prefer that you do and are willing to work with everyone to find the best way to get funds in and out until everyone is using Bitcoin and we don't need an exchange.

Regards,
Jered

Okay, that would be an acceptable solution probably. I would recommend mass emailing all customers this information, as they may not know to look inside forum threads for the info.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:40:02 AM

Smalleyster,

Regards,
Jered

Okay, that would be an acceptable solution probably. I would recommend mass emailing all customers this information, as they may not know to look inside forum threads for the info.

Thanks, that's a good idea, I'll post it on the blog and tweet it. We really don't like to mass email even when most people would want to hear it just because some people see it as spam. If it is really vital or concerns security we won't hesitate though. This can change in the future depending on feedback etc. Speaking of spam I haven't heard of any more complaints about referral code spam. I'm guessing deleting users that abused it got the message out.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: