Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:16:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did mybitcoin use our money?  (Read 2766 times)
robinhood (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:32:55 AM

At least for me, bitcoin have not move money after shutdown.
I have sent money three times to three different addresses to mybitcoin.com before it was down. (All three transactions were made 2011-7-29 between 4:00 and 20:00 UTC).
No money from these addresses was touched since then (according to https://blockexplorer.com/ as of 07-31 02:04 UTC). Can anyone who send money to mybitcoin check if they touched you money after they went down. Also if you received money form them recently, then you can also try to guess their addresses: when you get money they combine moneys from several their addresses, and give to you (and probably to some other customers) and then return the rest of the money to their new address. So if the transaction has two out addresses than you can be  almost sure that one that is not yours is theirs. You can check if any money was spent from this address.   
So do they move your money?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:35:48 PM

if the coins are unclaimed in the destination address then they haven't moved anywhere.  You probably just need to wait until the site comes back up again or until they make an announcement.

Will

Hollie

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

This account was a fraudulent account.

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 03:13:22 AM

Mybitcoin was a Scam.
You probs won't get your bitcoins back.

This account was a fraudulent account created by a girl in Melbourne, Australia. There is no point messaging this account, continue with reversing all paypal transactions.
hank

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 04:37:26 AM

No, they haven't moved my coins since the since the site went down, but then again they didn't complete the withdrawal I requested from their system ~24 hours before the site went down. Unless we start getting reports that coins have been moved it would seem like negligence - not outright fraud/theft.

You may want to have a gander at these threads:
Mybitcoin.com, where did it go? - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=32984
mybitcoin down or just me - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=32900
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:10:22 AM

No, they haven't moved my coins since the since the site went down

Well that's somewhat promising if others are also seeing this.

It however could be that
a) mybitcoin has lost their wallet files like the Polish bitomat site just did and effectively destroyed all the coins.
b) that they have all the coins - but lost the database which tells them who owns what.
c) they have stolen everything but are being cautious about spending/transferring their booty
d) Just a malfunction that's being repaired.. but there are some serious losses so the owner is too scared to communicate.
e) ?

All pointless speculation on my part..  but I hope we hear something soon.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
incraft3817

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:14:21 AM

I saved a couple addresses in mybitcoin in a notepad and the coin haven't been touch. Is there a way to retrieve these coins just using these address instead of logging into mybitcoin.com?
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 10:25:50 AM

I saved a couple addresses in mybitcoin in a notepad and the coin haven't been touch. Is there a way to retrieve these coins just using these address instead of logging into mybitcoin.com?
Of course not. If you could still spend them, how could mybitcoin credit them to you?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
incraft3817

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:34:34 PM

I wonder whats going on behind mybitcoin.com. They seems very quiet and sneaky. I feel sorry for the guy lost 1000 coins. It's monday and no words yet.....by Friday, I would be digging a hole in my backyard, print out 1000 coins from the printer, cut them out and bury them in the backyard. Maybe I should do that because I did lose some coins too....... 4 more days and counting just like sitting here counting down the minutes until I get to post on other sections.
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:54:01 PM

I wonder whats going on behind mybitcoin.com. They seems very quiet and sneaky. I feel sorry for the guy lost 1000 coins. It's monday and no words yet.....by Friday, I would be digging a hole in my backyard, print out 1000 coins from the printer, cut them out and bury them in the backyard. Maybe I should do that because I did lose some coins too....... 4 more days and counting just like sitting here counting down the minutes until I get to post on other sections.

Maybe the guy just doesn't have access to the server on the weekend, or doesn't pay attention on the weekend.
I've heard rumours that there are people out there who don't live in front of computers.  It seems a stretch that some of them can also write code and set up a website - but you never know.. maybe some geeks have found a way to escape and get this work/life balance thing going.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:57:40 PM

Maybe the guy just doesn't have access to the server on the weekend, or doesn't pay attention on the weekend.
I've heard rumours that there are people out there who don't live in front of computers.  It seems a stretch that some of them can also write code and set up a website - but you never know.. maybe some geeks have found a way to escape and get this work/life balance thing going.

Highly likely.  Plumbers have terrible plumbing issues at home and electritians have lights that don't work right.  Maybe some professional coders prefer to go camping over the weekend.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
terodeg

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 09:37:39 AM

my btc are at the same address where they were on 30 july. i'm waiting for service restart at mybitcon.com
fenratha

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:13:45 AM

my btc are at the same address where they were on 30 july. i'm waiting for service restart at mybitcon.com

don't think it will be opening back up again.
terodeg

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:41:27 AM

why they haven't to open again??? money are still here in that wallet. they have only to restablish the server.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:47:48 AM

Of course you can. You'll just have to find the private key to the address, which can be done using vanitygen. Takes roughly 349073683781359649178 years or so on a computer that doubles it's power every 1.5 years.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Ridi

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 11:06:30 AM

Could be they got shut down as a silent pre-emptive move of a government agency

AliceinCrypto.com                                                           
Progressive Free 2 Play + Play 2 Earn Fantasy Fight Game with its own Exclusive NFT Collection
▐ ▌   WIN A TESLA CYBERTRUCK   |   $60,000 in BTC   |   $50,000 in ETH   |     and MORE!     |   ▐ ▌
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 05:30:46 PM

Before anyone else starts ANOTHER thread about this, please realize that the UABB is already spearheading a legal and unbiased investigation into MyBitcoin.com but needs your support. Discussion about MyBitcoin.com is very healthy for the sharing of ideas and suggestions on how to tackle this very serious and difficult problem, but nothing will be done about it through forum posts.

Please start contributing to the actual investigation by adding your affidavit, attaching evidence of funds lost, and contributing to the fund to pay for international investigators. Thank you.

http://uabci.org/redmine/projects/mbci

You keep spamming this. >.>

hollandaise

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 06:17:38 PM

Well it's all just speculation either way at the moment, we'll see once all of the investigations come to fruition.

Hugs for anyone caught up in the whole thing though  Cry
terodeg

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:44:28 AM

please stay in topic.
continue monitoring the addresses with block explorer and  let's see if bitcoin will move or not from that adresses.
hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 09:48:55 AM

please stay in topic.
continue monitoring the addresses with block explorer and  let's see if bitcoin will move or not from that adresses.

Yep, this is the best to do.

From what I learned from my account is that it was emptied on the day the site went down - easy to know as I only used one address to receive Bitcoin, Received BTC: and Sent BTC: has the same value. From this, I take it that Tom knew something was up and shut the server down to determine what went wrong and will start up again when things are secure.

Anyway, seems like the next best thing after mining, the most profitable ways to obtain Bitcoin is; 1) Set up a Bitcoin Exchange 2) Set up an on line wallet service

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
terodeg

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:12:29 AM

can u give me your address so i can check the transfert?
mine btc are always to mybitcoin address. no one take them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: