Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UK GROUP BUY] ASICminer Cube group buy #9 (Accepting orders)  (Read 22516 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zeuzzz

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:25:36 AM

Just like to say another happy customer here, had it for ~2 weeks and have been up and running ever since I got it pretty much, just working out a few coding and mining software issues, the hardware is top notch Smiley Thanks Outcast.

BTC: 1DKHiG3ZAJsX9YdSb9t19WcFBzxbPBq8J8 ---- LTC: LNRwP8qqASCqbsQxsGVyYBPpFCCZJWGcg7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OutCast3k (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 601

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 10:03:04 PM

Just like to say another happy customer here, had it for ~2 weeks and have been up and running ever since I got it pretty much, just working out a few coding and mining software issues, the hardware is top notch Smiley Thanks Outcast.

Good to hear Smiley

coinb.in - Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet and more! | Donate: 33tht1bKDgZVxb39MnZsWa8oxHXHvUYE4G
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:29:03 PM

Howdy, are there still cubes up for grabs and if so are the prices on 1st page still valid? ta Grin

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
OutCast3k (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:09:38 PM

Howdy, are there still cubes up for grabs and if so are the prices on 1st page still valid? ta Grin

Hey gjgjg,

I'm waiting to hear from YXT to find out if he has any stock left, if he does I'll let everyone know on this thread.

coinb.in - Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet and more! | Donate: 33tht1bKDgZVxb39MnZsWa8oxHXHvUYE4G
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:33:57 PM

check your mail  Wink

ready to ship on tuesday, as monday is a public holiday in my part of germany

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
OutCast3k (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 10:27:28 PM

check your mail  Wink

ready to ship on tuesday, as monday is a public holiday in my part of germany

Thanks Yxt.

Updated the original post with the new prices everybody!

crhys

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Foundation Member

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:48:47 AM

Hi OC,

New prices are very welcome, thanks for sorting that, looking to place another order Mon-Tue.

Finally setup my own miners here at the office and I noticed that some of the chips are dead, half a card on one cube and half a card on another + 1 chip on another card, (17chips between 2 cubes).

At what level are these warranted ?  is there a swap out procedure for dead half cards, or does the whole card have to be dead ?

Can we buy cards individually to replace these half dead ones ?

Thanks (sorry about all the questions)

PS.  Do you know if the manufacturers will offer upgrade cards at some point in the future ?  would be nice to purchase individual cards with faster chips to slowly increase hash rates.

16JZWC433XRxjWwR7X65uxRVFdLTmoPr4t
OutCast3k (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:51:10 AM

Hi OC,

New prices are very welcome, thanks for sorting that, looking to place another order Mon-Tue.

Finally setup my own miners here at the office and I noticed that some of the chips are dead, half a card on one cube and half a card on another + 1 chip on another card, (17chips between 2 cubes).

At what level are these warranted ?  is there a swap out procedure for dead half cards, or does the whole card have to be dead ?

PS.  Do you know if the manufacturers will offer upgrade cards at some point in the future ?  would be nice to purchase individual cards with faster chips to slowly increase hash rates.

Hey,

Sorry to hear that.

I've got a replacement card here, but.. drop me a PM and we'll discuss getting it sent out to you.

Regarding the upgrades of cards - I have no idea, it is a very nice suggestion you make but I cant say if it will happen in the near future or not.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:15:09 PM

Hi OC,

have tried to powercylce the cube?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
crhys

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:33:45 PM

have tried to powercylce the cube?

Hi,

All I have done so far is to dismantle and check the tightness of the screws (4 were a little loose), replaced the cards and re-assembled, haven't tried a factory reset yet.

Would a factory reset have any effect ?   can the cube electronics disable chips via software if certain criteria are exceeded (heat, voltage (hi-low) etc) ?

Thanks

PS  Love the construction of these devices, really nice.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:27:56 AM

crhys, It'll be the PSU. 

I had the same problem, the Cube basically killed the PSU I was using (an old Dell PSU with 18A per rail).  Everything ran fine initially, but the Cube started to fail in the same manner you're describing, until it stopped working totally. 

Changed the PSU and everything started working again perfectly.  Now running off a PSU with dual 25A rails.
gh2k

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 11:09:03 AM

I have one cube that won't go into high clock mode for an extended period. (This is the one which had a half-dead card initially that magically started working after some time)

If I put it into high clock mode, it works for a short time and then dies (all rows X X X X X X X X)

The web interface still works, but rebooting via that doesn't have any effect, even after putting it back into low clock mode. I have to power-cycle it manually.

I have another cube that has been working fine in high clock mode. They're in the same physical area so temps will be the same. They also both use identical corsair 750w PSUs. I've swapped the PSUs over, and I still see the same results.

Just unlucky?
crhys

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:20:25 AM

crhys, It'll be the PSU. 

I had the same problem, the Cube basically killed the PSU I was using (an old Dell PSU with 18A per rail).  Everything ran fine initially, but the Cube started to fail in the same manner you're describing, until it stopped working totally. 

Changed the PSU and everything started working again perfectly.  Now running off a PSU with dual 25A rails.

Thanks for the info HellDriverUK, I am running the two cubes on a Corsair CX750, probably just on the edge of what's possible with that PSU.

Have heard that the CX750 can run well with 2 psu running 3 cubes (1.5 cubes each), will configure it like this soon.

HellDiverUK

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:45:18 PM

There's something with these Cubes and the CX750.  Lots of folks have them working perfectly with this PSU, and others like me can't get the Cube to work for shit with the CX750.  It's frustrating.

My Cube ran perfectly at High for a week on the OCZ 600W PSU, but it locks up on High.  Works OK on Low, though.  I need to rewire a bit to get the Cube running off both 12V rails on the OCZ.

Can't say I'm very pleased with the Cube - it's a fussy fecker.  Not like the old Blades which have been rock solid.
OutCast3k (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:18:41 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 06:32:42 PM by OutCast3k

There's something with these Cubes and the CX750.  Lots of folks have them working perfectly with this PSU, and others like me can't get the Cube to work for shit with the CX750.  It's frustrating.

My Cube ran perfectly at High for a week on the OCZ 600W PSU, but it locks up on High.  Works OK on Low, though.  I need to rewire a bit to get the Cube running off both 12V rails on the OCZ.

Can't say I'm very pleased with the Cube - it's a fussy fecker.  Not like the old Blades which have been rock solid.

The CX750 does seem to keep getting mentioned as failing to work properly with the cube, I'm not sure why though, you'd think it would work fine...

italoarmstrong

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:13:55 PM

my cubes ran just fine on a CX750 on low... but as soon as I put them into High, they'd run at like 55GH/s for about 30 seconds and then reboot into Low... Really weird.
gh2k

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 09:40:13 PM

The CX750 does seem to keep getting mentioned as failing to work properly with the cube, I'm not sure why though, you'd think it would work fine...

I think it's the most easily-available high-spec PSU in the UK which may be why there are so many reports. You don't hear the negative ones. As I said, I've tried swapping the PSUs over between my cubes, but it's still the same cube that has the problems. Sill, it's called overclocking -- it's not guaranteed to work in all cases I guess. Anyway, since the 4 dud chips came back online, the hashrate is not far off what it was like in high clock mode when they were broken.

ALSO: I may be stupid but I just worked out that you can slot the cases together! That is so awesome. I want to buy another 50 now and build bizarre lego-like mining structures out of them! (If only I could afford it... Wink)
OutCast3k (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 10:05:41 AM

I think it's the most easily-available high-spec PSU in the UK which may be why there are so many reports. You don't hear the negative ones. As I said, I've tried swapping the PSUs over between my cubes, but it's still the same cube that has the problems. Sill, it's called overclocking -- it's not guaranteed to work in all cases I guess. Anyway, since the 4 dud chips came back online, the hashrate is not far off what it was like in high clock mode when they were broken.

ALSO: I may be stupid but I just worked out that you can slot the cases together! That is so awesome. I want to buy another 50 now and build bizarre lego-like mining structures out of them! (If only I could afford it... Wink)

I love that you can easily stack them together also

OutCast3k (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:41:00 PM

Price dropped to 0.86 btc!

See the original post for more information Smiley

HellDiverUK

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:36:13 PM

Got my Cube rewired last week - it's now running on the OCZ 600W PSU using both 12V rails (using a 8-pin ATX to 6-pin PCI-E).  It's got a 6 day uptime at just a shade over 38GH.  Working perfectly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: