Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cgminer - Hangs the CPU sometimes  (Read 1837 times)
mackminer (OP)

Activity: 348
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 05:21:14 PM

I've just started using this miner recently on 0.2b of linuxcoin.

Sometimes it won't accept key commands from me like p for pool management etc. or Q for quit. Also sometimes when I do quit the app it just hangs without giving me a command prompt back. I need to reboot the machine as the process becomes a zombie.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

1BFf3Whvj118A5akc5fHhfLLwxYduMmq1d
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 01:31:46 AM

I have seen the 'no prompt' issue.  sometimes its zombi, sometimes you just have to close the window without a prompt. (if your using the gui)

most times when I quite cgminer, it closes just fine with a summary and a prompt, sometimes if I have had a DEAD gpu is when I get the hung process.

I just chalk it up to freeware..  it is one of the BEST miners out there.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: