Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:27:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: This article worth 50 merit ???  (Read 509 times)
hoangvuthach (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:32:46 AM
Merited by jumbo (1)

I have learned and researched to post quality articles to get merit.
In my total of 322 Posts, I received 3 merit posts in 2 posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3309359.msg34540522#msg34540522
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3307229.msg34509680#msg34509680
And there are some interesting things I found on Top-merited recent topics.

1 post received 50 merit.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3153492.msg32599422#msg32599422

Is it a public sale merit
Let's discuss it for value .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 04:53:54 AM

Good find!

Is it a public "sale"? Yeah, probably? Shall we discuss it? No. Want to know why? Because the post has already been reported and deleted. Now I don't think that means the 75 merit generated from the use (50 from the spend, 25 from the new spend created) can be recalled, but maybe pinkpanther will be banned for some period of time.
hoangvuthach (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:06:57 AM

Good find!

Is it a public "sale"? Yeah, probably? Shall we discuss it? No. Want to know why? Because the post has already been reported and deleted. Now I don't think that means the 75 merit generated from the use (50 from the spend, 25 from the new spend created) can be recalled, but maybe pinkpanther will be banned for some period of time.
That is fine, I hope to punish it very bad for business merit,
because it makes those who are keeping smerit not generous with quality posts.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:14:22 AM

Give the guy negative trust. You can leave the BTC value as zero which will keep his trust rating from turning red (which has more severe consequence). So the guy gets the message that his activity has been seen and is wrong and maybe he learns from it. You can always keep monitoring his progress and if it happens again - escalate.

Finally, there's a Reputation board on this forum. Feel free to call this guy out for poor reputation based on his perversion of the merit system.
hoangvuthach (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:27:31 AM

Give the guy negative trust. You can leave the BTC value as zero which will keep his trust rating from turning red (which has more severe consequence). So the guy gets the message that his activity has been seen and is wrong and maybe he learns from it. You can always keep monitoring his progress and if it happens again - escalate.

Finally, there's a Reputation board on this forum. Feel free to call this guy out for poor reputation based on his perversion of the merit system.
Thanks, I will learn how to use "Trust"
SooEz4Me

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

Professional Designer & Manager | PM ME

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 01:02:31 PM

yes of course it's insulting, I wrote 7 days 1 post, review Verge and he collected only 1 merit. Next time I wrote a review OmiseGo But this post did not collect anything
nextpakk
Copper Member

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 07:03:40 PM

Being a newbie, it's good to see that the merit system on this forum is seen in such high regards and that there are those who are willing to step up and call BS without making it a personal attack.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

Good catch, OP.

The person sending this merit is Pinkpanther03 and the person receiving it is wingzcrypto2018.

To me, either there is a connection between these accounts (they are alts), or they are conducting a merit sale. Either way, it's definitely shady behaviour and is not accepted on this forum. There is no way that that post which had no value deserved 50 merits. I'll send a negative feedback to Wingzcrypto2018. Pinkpather was actually already tagged for abusing sig campaigns.

BTW, please move this to reputation since it involves the discussion of two forum members' reputations.
hoangvuthach (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:14:35 AM

Good catch, OP.

The person sending this merit is Pinkpanther03 and the person receiving it is wingzcrypto2018.

To me, either there is a connection between these accounts (they are alts), or they are conducting a merit sale. Either way, it's definitely shady behaviour and is not accepted on this forum. There is no way that that post which had no value deserved 50 merits. I'll send a negative feedback to Wingzcrypto2018. Pinkpather was actually already tagged for abusing sig campaigns.

BTW, please move this to reputation since it involves the discussion of two forum members' reputations.
kindly, can give me the link of reputation
hoangvuthach (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:17:20 AM

Being a newbie, it's good to see that the merit system on this forum is seen in such high regards and that there are those who are willing to step up and call BS without making it a personal attack.
There are always people who take advantage of the loophole of the law, fortunately it is in the few .
hoangvuthach (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:21:43 AM

yes of course it's insulting, I wrote 7 days 1 post, review Verge and he collected only 1 merit. Next time I wrote a review OmiseGo But this post did not collect anything
Work harder, me and you, the results always come to the diligent, sooner or later.
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:09:38 AM

Great catch, actually! I can see, that the link in not working anymore (at least for me), hence the moderators took an appropriate action. There is nothing else to add to the previous posts at this point.

One thing I believe it deserves, is a merit point for you. Get it.

Hope that helps to answer your initial question.
hoangvuthach (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:18:26 AM

Great catch, actually! I can see, that the link in not working anymore (at least for me), hence the moderators took an appropriate action. There is nothing else to add to the previous posts at this point.

Thanks, actually my post here wants to wake up people who intend to buy and sell Merit.
The law always has a flaw, but we must not abuse it for self-interest .
SooEz4Me

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 08:08:49 AM

Thanks, actually my post here wants to wake up people who intend to buy and sell Merit.
The law always has a flaw, but we must not abuse it for self-interest .
I heard merit is soo expensive about 15$ for 1 merit
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:28:19 AM

Where did you heard that? That would be a ridiculous price anyways. Can you imagine someone paying $15*50=$750 to get 50 merits? Why would anyone do that?

But merits are not for sale by rules. Whoever cheats may face a ban.
humantraffic

Activity: 616
Merit: 42

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:04:34 AM

Where did you heard that? That would be a ridiculous price anyways. Can you imagine someone paying $15*50=$750 to get 50 merits? Why would anyone do that?

In the world there are a lot of crazy people and sometimes they do inexplicable things. Maybe he wants to have an account with his nickname.
Instead of creating a new topic, it was necessary to post  here.
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:56:29 PM

People would do it just for one reason: signature bounty campaigns. Being a Full Member you will be able to earn more with one campaign, so they treat it as an investment. Though it is really silly and you will earn more investing in crypto and it won't take you so much time. And it is not ethical and against the rules, of course.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:20:42 PM

That user has many alt accounts and they have been tagged. What else do you want?
I have learned and researched to post quality articles to get merit.
In my total of 322 Posts, I received 3 merit posts in 2 posts:
Your posts are either oneliners, paraphrased articles or topics like this one ATTENTION - SECURITY WITH MyEtherWallet - which has already been answered and explained million times. I don't want to mention your other "how to" topics obviously created to farm merit(how to use italic button, how to post smiley, how to write post using keyboard, how to close bitcointalk using "X" button Roll Eyes )
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:34:52 PM

That post is not worth a single merit point. But you know, if you want to make people find you out, give yourself 50 merits, or buy merit points, or tell your friends to give you 50 merits which is an utter stupidity. Either they wanted to outsmart us or they clearly were dumb. Like, why do people want easy things... Is it hard to make a bit of effort and make a good post? Anyway, people will continue to violate this system...
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:48:09 PM

You wrote "7 days 1 post"?  What's that even supposed to mean. 

Look at how many posts I've written and how much merit I've received since the whole thing started in January, and you won't hear one word of complaining out of me.  It is true that I'm already a Sr. member, but wearing that hero badge of honor is a goal of mine.  It just is going to take time for you and me both.  Be patient.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:59:25 PM

That would be a good punishment to those who abuse merit system even some user did try their best to create constructive and good quality post only earn 2 to 5 merit while the picture you provided received 50, seriously? Giving merit that amount is already treated as abusing of merit. Bitcointalk admin and other members tried to think of a way to keep this forum well organized.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2446

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 10:16:29 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 10:36:28 PM by Xal0lex

kindly, can give me the link of reputation

Here's a link to the section Reputation

And how do you like that? 50 merits for a meaningless post.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
athanz88

Merit: 359

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:16:11 PM

This dsgust me a lot. I know that every system can be gamed or cheated by people, but buying merit for ranking up account is sick. Not only it is an abuse, but it shows your quality of a low and shit person and it risks your account to be red tagged or banned in the future thus making your money go to a waste. It is really good if this forum has a solid security system about merit abusing.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:38:08 PM

This dsgust me a lot. I know that every system can be gamed or cheated by people, but buying merit for ranking up account is sick. Not only it is an abuse, but it shows your quality of a low and shit person and it risks your account to be red tagged or banned in the future thus making your money go to a waste. It is really good if this forum has a solid security system about merit abusing.

This is hard to look at this situation with merit abuse for regular members doing their best to rank up. We try to write good quality content and be helpful. Still, we struggle to get few merits even with higher ranks. This is not a problem only for new accounts to rank up now, higher ranks have the same merits needed and even more 100, 250 or 500 of them for next rank. Look at my rank, posts and how much merits I got in last 3 months. I invite you to evaluate my posts and share your opinion about I will take criticism with understanding.

motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:31:44 AM

Greedy is one of human basic nature, so it's not strange that the forum members always tried and finally find a way to abuse the forum rules.
This dsgust me a lot. I know that every system can be gamed or cheated by people, but buying merit for ranking up account is sick.

It is one of the most serious abusements on forum rules. You are right that such abusement might put those accounts under high risks of red taggings, but currently, it is totally based on subjective decisions of forum users to tag someone or not.
Not only it is an abuse, but it shows your quality of a low and shit person and it risks your account to be red tagged or banned in the future thus making your money go to a waste.

Personally, it might be better if the forum has new rules on merit abusements and official punishments for each level of merit abusements.
It is really good if this forum has a solid security system about merit abusing.
athanz88

Merit: 359

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:55:10 AM

snip

This is hard to look at this situation with merit abuse for regular members doing their best to rank up. We try to write good quality content and be helpful. Still, we struggle to get few merits even with higher ranks. This is not a problem only for new accounts to rank up now, higher ranks have the same merits needed and even more 100, 250 or 500 of them for next rank. Look at my rank, posts and how much merits I got in last 3 months. I invite you to evaluate my posts and share your opinion about I will take criticism with understanding.

I see some of your recent post and i know that you are good at english speaking and you deliver it good, but it is only a reply for others. In my opinion, it is good if you can make a thread about some trending topic or make some analysis and deliver it in a statistic that can attract a lot of discussion, i see so many of member doing that right now. Remember to make it good and not a same topic as others, or it would be categorized as spammy thread.
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:04:27 AM

I also stumbled upon a post that received 50 merit for no reason.

Screenshot :

There is no reason for this post to receive 50 merit points. He just stated that they are still discussing and pinkman12345 gave 50 merits.

Profile of hkdfgkdf : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1184165
Profile of pinkman12345 : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=288496

SooEz4Me

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 05:20:00 PM

You wrote "7 days 1 post"?  What's that even supposed to mean. 

Look at how many posts I've written and how much merit I've received since the whole thing started in January, and you won't hear one word of complaining out of me.  It is true that I'm already a Sr. member, but wearing that hero badge of honor is a goal of mine.  It just is going to take time for you and me both.  Be patient.
Yes, I wrote 7 days 1 post I can throw link, but it's in Russian language and does not fit in 1 post, it's 12 pages in Word document. Why is this not very useful? I do not know, maybe because of that I wrote in Russian and in russian topic people almost never give merits or its merit system very bad
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:36:09 PM

There is no reason for this post to receive 50 merit points. He just stated that they are still discussing and pinkman12345 gave 50 merits.
At this point, where merits are being handed out in ones and twos,  there's really no reason for anyone to give 50 merits for a single post.  However, it's very subjective how posts are valued, and that's the whole reason why I'm not tagging merit abusers.  There are probably still members here who don't know the value of merit and don't give out a lot, and they might just want to give out 50 at a time.  Eh.

However, I'm not stupid.  I'm sure there's a damn good chance when you see 50 merits given away that those were bought, or it's to an alt account, or to a "friend".

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:54:19 PM

It will soon end until they don't have smerits to send anymore. We may see some of these for a while but because they get only half of the merits received as smerits they'll be out of smerits to trade.

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 10:58:14 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 11:19:59 AM by wwzsocki
Merited by crypto mania (1)

I see some of your recent post and i know that you are good at english speaking and you deliver it good, but it is only a reply for others. In my opinion, it is good if you can make a thread about some trending topic or make some analysis and deliver it in a statistic that can attract a lot of discussion, i see so many of member doing that right now. Remember to make it good and not a same topic as others, or it would be categorized as spammy thread.
I know that I should open a new thread and very controversial one to get much attention from members. But when I browse the forum I see all topics already there. I am 5 years on BTT and created only 7 topics. Sometimes when I look at a new account and I see that he is 3 months here and already opened 25 threads I can't stop laughing. I have almost one year followed BTT forum without registration. I have spent a lot of time to educate myself about Bitcoin and Litecoin because only this 2 coins were in existence and to mine at this time. After I have registered took me about a half year to learn how to post quality content, answers. This was the first forum I have ever registered.

I agree that something has to be done with spam and accounts farming. Let's hope that in few months we all learn how to use merit system and finally members will award others with their precious merits for valuable content not only because they are friends or know each other. As for now a lot of merits come from merit sources and legendary members. Other people are holding their merits for a better occasion, I think.

Lately, I have supported one member and after some time he quotes my post and says "Thanks you helped me a lot I appreciate this" and continues discussion asking me questions but not awarded my post with merits. I didn't support him to receive merits. I put myself in his situation and just thought that this will be fair to do. Didn't thought about merits when I was writing my supporting post. But later I started to think about this situation and +1merit screams louder than 1000 words. Something like this happens to me not the first time that I am quoted, people engage in discussion with me but rarely somebody gives merits.

I haven't made a lot of friends here in all these years because I thought that forum is not a social media portal. My big mistake.
Like I said let's hope that with time abusers will have no more merits to give and random members get used to this system and there will be no problem for anybody to give a merit or two to somebody who helped you or just for the post you liked.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: