Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we have a separate board for Altcoin Technical Support & Discussion ?  (Read 289 times)
Heisenberg_Hunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1581
Merit: 1265

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 01:46:40 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 01:03:02 PM by Heisenberg_Hunter
Merited by LeGaulois (1)

As days passes by, btc and other cryptos are raising in popularity day by day. Hence this forum is growing at an exponential rate where the number of registrations are increasing! Bitcoin Discussion and Altcoin Discussion is a pure spam area where people are commenting shit and gaining some post count and increasing their activity to meet the demands of the minimum posts for signature campaigns. Though genuine users who has a good knowledge in crypto are using the technical discussion board to  answer for technical questions.

Some of the members create an account here in this forum since they have somehow lost their wallet keys or to ask some technical questions regarding bitcoin and they get a positive technical assistance from technical veterans like Danny Hamilton, achow101 etc. One can see that newbies creates an account, ask for a help in Technical Support/Discussion and gets replied positively and leaves the forum that his coins were restored or he got the perfect answer for the long lasting question in his mind.

The same happens in altcoins too... Here too newbies create a topic for the sole purpose of getting technical assistance for regaining their keys or replies to their technical questions etc. But most of the topics doesn't receive a single reply and it eventually gets buried in spams and they leave the forum without their problem being solved. It is pretty tough to read some decent technical replies to questions in Altcoin Discussion and some questions are even left unanswered...There are some good devs in the forum who can help the people out their seeking help for their altcoins, but since the board is filled up with spams, devs not even care to visit those boards.

Some members may comment in this particular topic that this is not a altcoin forum to create such a board, but as you see that alts are growing pretty fast and the most commented board here in the forum is Altcoin (Announcement) board and Top 3 boards are occupied by altcoins...

Hence can a board be created in the altcoin subforum for "Altcoin Technical Support & Discussion"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Heisenberg_Hunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 02:50:36 AM

Have I given the wrong title? I think people would have thought this as a  Language request board and denied them to go through them. If this had been a so called Merit thread then the people would have rushed to comment through them...
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 09:01:29 AM

I think the title could have been more specific. It does look a bit like aanother of those repeated requests that appear in Meta.

I would like a board to discuss a few of the more serious alternative crypto currencies. I think the difficulty would be in deciding which ones should be included. At the moment, Steem and Wax are of interest to me, but many would think those are fairly minor, and that Bitcoin Cash and the like are more important.

The emerging government backed cryptos are going to be important in the future, and it may be that we should consider a boarde for them as well.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3389

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 09:04:40 AM

Hence can a board be created in the altcoin subforum for "Altcoin Technical Support & Discussion"?
I liked the idea so I did a quick search on all of the altcoin boards (with "I need help" keyword) and found the following:

- Most users posted their questions on each of the respective altcoins pages/threads
- Only few did actually create a new thread regarding their issues

Perhaps, that's why such board doesn't exist (since the ann threads also act as a technical support thread).

Have I given the wrong title? I think people would have thought this as a  Language request board and denied them to go through them.
Maybe. Why didn't you just add everything on the title (it fits)?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 2861

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:25:23 AM

Well i guess just rename the Altcoin Discussion board to Altcoin Technical Support & Discussion will do the work.
Since we already have  Announcements (Altcoins), Mining (Altcoins), Marketplace (Altcoins), and Speculation (Altcoins) in separate boards

Only thing missing is technical discussion and the name Altcoin Discussion alone does really give an idea that what type of discussion should go there.

This board Altcoin Discussion => Altcoin Technical Support & Discussion can be specific for technical discussion and all other discussions can go to respective boards.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Heisenberg_Hunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 02:52:57 PM

I think the title could have been more specific. It does look a bit like aanother of those repeated requests that appear in Meta.
At last thanks for starting the discussion. Yes the title was a blunder Grin Changed it.

I liked the idea so I did a quick search on all of the altcoin boards (with "I need help" keyword) and found the following:

- Most users posted their questions on each of the respective altcoins pages/threads
- Only few did actually create a new thread regarding their issues

Perhaps, that's why such board doesn't exist (since the ann threads also act as a technical support thread).
These users regret to post in the Discussion board as they fear of their questions left unanswered in the spam board. You can see that a user here posted the question as a topic and since he didn't receive any answers he posted in the ANN thread

Anyone knows how to start Byteball and route everything through Tor? I want to check my balances. The last time I checked, it was when the airdrop rewards got dropped a lot, which was when I linked my BTC on there. The reward was honestly so low that I didn't bother to check it again. I want to see what kind of interest it has generated since then. I think it was last august.

I made a thread asking about this but im afraid is going to get buried with 0 replies.
Some members bump their threads 2-3 times in the Discussion Board and they didn't get any replies nor I can't help them as it was too technical which a dev can only answer. But a separate board for the Technical Support can help people a lot I think so.

Well i guess just rename the Altcoin Discussion board to Altcoin Technical Support & Discussion will do the work.
Renaming would never solve the problem. I suggest some users who are seeking replies for their Bitcoin Technical Topics to post in the Bitcoin Discussion Thread and let us see what response they get from the veteran devs. For instance if theymos  removes Bitcoin Technical Discussion board for 1 day and see how members suffer for the questions and answers.
Another instance where Jet Cash itself posted for assistance in the Technical Support board and he immediately received a reply. Check this here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3216751.msg33441143#msg33441143
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:31:23 PM

I like the idea and I hope that Theymos would consider doing something about it. I know the forum main objective and discussion is about bitcoin but since altcoins are now becoming popular through ICOs (which bounty campaigns are popularly done here); though there are still trash coins but the good ones should be encouraged. It won't be a good thing if other cryptocurrency forums has it and we don't.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:15:15 AM

i like this idea. i get SFR10's point about the ANN threads, but the larger a coin is, the less useful the ANN thread. i especially notice ETH technical support threads peppered around the forum. (i know bitcointalk is not the ideal place for ETH discussion but the fact remains)

if you take away the discussion board, all sorts of irrelevant and general stuff will start getting posted in other boards. that's why it exists---it's also why bitcoin discussion exists. you might ruin the technical board (or in other words, make no difference at all) by lumping it in with general discussion.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:54:42 AM

This is a great idea. Some proposals related to altcoins are sometimes discussed in the technical areas of Bitcoin. And that may confuse it a bit. In addition, it could be a way to oxygenate the forum with people who understand the specifications of some protocols, but can not find a place to discuss them. Discussing a specific project, which already exists, is different from discussing a protocol. For example, a discussion of PoS may go well beyond what is discussed in the specific topic of ETH.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 5429

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:48:33 AM

Shouldn't those Altcoins got their own forums, in their own domain?

A slightly irrelevant board "Altcoin Discussion" was already here in Bitcointalk, and that should be sufficient for general non-bitcoin discussions.
The heavy technical "talks" for each of every Altcoins should be discussed in their own forum (or in the Altcoin Discussion Board at least).

But really, whenever I see an Altcoin-related question in the Bitcoin Technical Discussion, I've always seeing a misled users that doesn't have the idea of what the Author's talking about.
Those topics should be moved to Altcoin Discussion whatever it is, technical or general discussion.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████