Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:08:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: biostar tb250-btc  (Read 195 times)
BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:22:10 PM

I can't get the rig to read the 4 AMD cards I installed. I read some threads where it said to change the PCIE lanes to Gen 1, which I did, but it still isn't picking them up. Any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:27:51 PM

It will be helpful if you give some more information about your setup like what cards you are running and overall hardware spec. If you have moded bios or not, and also if you are mining on windows/linux or any other OS like ETHOS or Simplemining.

As a first step I would run each card alone to see if its a hardware issue with the card itself.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:57:56 PM

It will be helpful if you give some more information about your setup like what cards you are running and overall hardware spec. If you have moded bios or not, and also if you are mining on windows/linux or any other OS like ETHOS or Simplemining.

As a first step I would run each card alone to see if its a hardware issue with the card itself.

AMD Radeon RX 580 Nitro Sapphire + Limited Edition. 8gb

Windows 10 Pro

Bios is not modded.

7th Gen Celeron

8gb Ram

I only attache on card at at a time.
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:06:06 PM

There was a known driver issue with running many RX 580/570s during the time it was released. I don't know if they were fixed with new drivers but anyway, you can see how to fix the driver issues by combining an old and new driver. The process is shown in video by cryptomined.

BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:34:30 PM

There was a known driver issue with running many RX 580/570s during the time it was released. I don't know if they were fixed with new drivers but anyway, you can see how to fix the driver issues by combining an old and new driver. The process is shown in video by cryptomined.

Windows isn't seeing the cards, so I can't update the drivers.
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:14:38 PM

I have the pro version of this board and had zero problems.

I recall there being a particular order/way of setting things up to make sure windows would recognize all the cards.  I don't remember exactly everything I did.  I do recall that you have to install windows in UEFI-only mode.  Also probably should install windows with no video card attached, just using iGPU.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:38:06 PM

I recall there being a particular order/way of setting things up to make sure windows would recognize all the cards.  I don't remember exactly everything I did.  I do recall that you have to install windows in UEFI-only mode.  Also probably should install windows with no video card attached, just using iGPU.

Yeah I did that too. Did you plug any cards in any particular order? You didn't have to mess with the board bios at all? AMD or NIDVIA?
androstan1234

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:46:38 PM

Yeah I did that too. Did you plug any cards in any particular order? You didn't have to mess with the board bios at all? AMD or NIDVIA?

No I didn't have to mess with the board bios at all.  I didn't plug the cards in any particular order.  I didn't even do them one by one.  AMD/NVIDIA mixed rig.
snoopydoggie

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:32:56 PM

Did you flash the most recent BIOS. Can't remember the releasing date, but it's somewhere last month?

I am using the same motherboard and I had 9 bios-modded RX570 cards with mixed brands and models installed no problem in Windows10. I enabled mining mode, also set each GPU as "Gen2". Also, I set the internal GPU as the display output.
androstan1234

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:49:26 PM

Did you flash the most recent BIOS. Can't remember the releasing date, but it's somewhere last month?

I am using the same motherboard and I had 9 bios-modded RX570 cards with mixed brands and models installed no problem in Windows10. I enabled mining mode, also set each GPU as "Gen2". Also, I set the internal GPU as the display output.

I never updated the BIOS, but setting IGFX as primary display output, enabling mining mode, and setting each PCIe slot to "gen2" is all good and helpful.  OP make sure you do those things.
Midcrypto

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 08:36:05 PM

I never updated the BIOS, but setting IGFX as primary display output, enabling mining mode, and setting each PCIe slot to "gen2" is all good and helpful.  OP make sure you do those things.

Definitely start by updating the BIOS. Figure out what version board you have as there are several different revisions of this motherboard which will change the exact BIOS file you need. The type you need has "710" in the name, it will be either this: B25CF710.BSS or a different version based on what revision of the board you have. The B25(XX)710.BSS will be the only thing to change from version to version.

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=865#download

This will solve the issue most of the time.
koody

Activity: 114
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:50:46 PM

Update bios
Enable Mining mode
Enable Above 4GB MMIO bios assignment
Internal Graphics AUTO
Primary Display AUTO
Check risers.
Pages: [1]