Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinduit.com - Two Week Deposits: ฿ 823 - Thanks For Playing!  (Read 6776 times)
btcrun

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 02:43:32 AM

I just played http://www.bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=ITS_OVER_9000 and got payed out very fast...it works like a charm Wink

I took a look into your creating page...my suggestions:

- Jackpot like said before (the last submitting address wins the jackpot - it keeps the game running)
- maybe a explaining chart on the "create a new round" page, that keeps itself up to date if you change the values of a new game.
(like some imaginary example deposits to show the creator how his game might look so he can check the fees and outputs)
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 03:14:36 AM

just curious, why do you call them flip games?

i thought a flip game would be something like doubletrouble.bitcoinbet.com
Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 03:45:31 AM

Earlier in the thread, you said:
Furthermore, if there are NO bets in 24 hours or how ever many hours are set by the Host, the full amount is refunded.
One of my rounds, http://www.bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=Zero_Host_Fee_Doubler , just expired without any other bids. However, I only received 90% of my investment back. It looks like a bug caused the house to keep the 10% fee. Smiley

PM me your receiving address and amount. I'll send it to ya.
Alright. You fix the bug?

Pretty sure! Gotta wait for the next round to end betless to find out.. I refunded you the B 0.2, which was the 10% deposit fee that not returned on the round expiring with no bets. I'm thinking in the future I should at least subtract the 0.0005 tx fee when that happens, but maybe not. Sometimes I have to pay tx fee, sometimes I don't. Either way, it's set to pay the minimum for tx.

Anyhow, if the bug isn't fixed yet we'll find out and dig in deeper to ensure smooth sailing.

Regards,
Jonathan
Looks like you fixed it! Nice job!
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 04:40:32 AM

I just played http://www.bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=ITS_OVER_9000 and got payed out very fast...it works like a charm Wink

I took a look into your creating page...my suggestions:

- Jackpot like said before (the last submitting address wins the jackpot - it keeps the game running)
- maybe a explaining chart on the "create a new round" page, that keeps itself up to date if you change the values of a new game.
(like some imaginary example deposits to show the creator how his game might look so he can check the fees and outputs)

On #1, we're looking at that. I'm thinking that having a Jackpot is a good idea, but we need to get the existing code rock solid before adding any other features. The jackpot is in front of other features at the moment in terms of priority.

On #2, this could be done with javascript, but i'm not sure if we'd give it high priority over other features right now. I've made a mental note, and this is definitely a finishing touch.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm also glad that you like the quick payout - it keeps games moving along pretty quick!

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 07:11:30 AM

I designed an "alternate reality" home page for Bitcoinduit -- I thought I should share. I was amused while making it.

http://www.bitcoinduit.com/index1.html

anodyne

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 08:23:27 AM

Great idea. Seems well built so far, so plenty of thumbs up. I missed the option to set a 5.12% fee for my game, though...  Tongue

Bitcoins: solid enough to build pyramids.
btcrun

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 09:16:03 AM

I designed an "alternate reality" home page for Bitcoinduit -- I thought I should share. I was amused while making it.

http://www.bitcoinduit.com/index1.html

Haha I love it Cheesy

"look into a brighter future"
"get started - right now!"
"Take the opportunity"
"insert stupid slogan - People laughing"
gerOZ

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 11:37:26 AM

intresting... let's try
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 12:08:34 PM

Great idea. Seems well built so far, so plenty of thumbs up. I missed the option to set a 5.12% fee for my game, though...  Tongue

Thanks for the thumbs up!

About the fees you forgot to add: start another game!

Tongue

Regards,
Jonathan

anodyne

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:16:56 PM

Tongue

Regards,
Jonathan

I made an odd numbers round, and was musing about the fact that I only could use integers for the fee and that decimals would have made it possible to add even more odd numbers. Not a very important feature, I suppose. Wink

Is it possible that a counter for remaining time is on the to-do list, though? Would make it easier for players to see how much time remains without having to count the hours since the last deposit and then subtract that from the extension time for the round.

Bitcoins: solid enough to build pyramids.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 12:28:57 PM

Tongue

Regards,
Jonathan

I made an odd numbers round, and was musing about the fact that I only could use integers for the fee and that decimals would have made it possible to add even more odd numbers. Not a very important feature, I suppose. Wink

Is it possible that a counter for remaining time is on the to-do list, though? Would make it easier for players to see how much time remains without having to count the hours since the last deposit and then subtract that from the extension time for the round.

Noted. We are keeping a features request list close at hand, and yours is an idea too good to pass up.

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 08:35:54 PM

Stats for August 2:

Total paid dividends: 51.17098 BTC
Total host fee payouts: 1.855604 BTC
Total expired pot payouts: 0.806136 BTC
Total sent to users: 53.83272 BTC

Dragonlord

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:05:02 PM

I have started 3 games on your site. 2 have already ended and 1 with a longer time limit is still going (http://bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=Dragonlord).
Your site has worked flawlessly for all of them.
I've made a small profit on all of the games, but they slow down fast and stop as there is very little incentive to keep the games going beyond the first few deposits.
Any news on when we will get the jackpot feature? That option would really help to keep the games going.

Thanks for the great site!
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 10:27:06 PM

I have started 3 games on your site. 2 have already ended and 1 with a longer time limit is still going (http://bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=Dragonlord).
I've made a small profit on all of the games, but they slow down fast and stop as there is very little incentive to keep the games going beyond the first few deposits.
Any news on when we will get the jackpot feature? That option would really help to keep the games going.

So as I see it, a % of the remnant pot should go into the Jackpot. The Jackpot should be allowed to get rather large before payout - perhaps 3-5 Bitcoins?

I'd like to do it this way:

Rounds themselves should be recipients of Jackpots, where for instance 5 Bitcoin Jackpot is won and placed in a round, paying off the next in line. In fact, the "Jackpot" could always be sent, when triggered, to the lowest performing round.

How's that sound?

Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:41:09 PM

So as I see it, a % of the remnant pot should go into the Jackpot. The Jackpot should be allowed to get rather large before payout - perhaps 3-5 Bitcoins?

Rounds themselves should be recipients of Jackpots, where for instance 5 Bitcoin Jackpot is won and placed in a round, paying off the next in line. In fact, the "Jackpot" could always be sent, when triggered, to the lowest performing round.

How's that sound?
That does sound pretty neat, but I don't see how it encourages specific rounds to continue, which I think it the most important thing to consider in this type of deal. I would prefer the jackpot described earlier in the thread:
I would like an option to choose a percentage that would go to a jackpot.

That's a great idea, Dragonlord.

How would this theoretical jackpot work?
It would be neat if the host could decide what percentage of the leftover pot(after house fees, if applicable) goes to the final bidder. That's how I interpreted his statement, anyway.

Ok, so instead of a 50/50 split, the Host could decide to dilute both the house and host fees? I'm ok with that - as long as the reduction is evenly split between the Host and the House.. We are partners, after all.

It would look like this:

As is 50/50 50% to the Host, 50% to the House.

Host decides to give 25% of the pot to the last player in, and the remainder 37.5/37.5 is split between the Host and the House.

Is this correct?

Regards,
Jonathan
Dragonlord

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:45:10 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2011, 11:18:10 PM by Dragonlord

How's that sound?

This is the way I would like the jackpot to work:
Every game could have a jackpot. When the game is created, you could choose what percentages of every deposit that would go to fees, jackpot and payout.

For example:
5% fees (2% site fee + 3% host fee)
15% jackpot
80% payout pot

So 15% of every deposit gets added to the jackpot.
Whoever makes the last deposit before the game expires gets the jackpot.
The remainder payout pot would be split between the site and host like it is now.

Edit: I'm not sure I understand how your version a jackpot would work, but my version should be easy to implement.
It also would keep games separate. I don't think I would like to have part of my deposits going to other peoples games.
iBitGuy

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 02:08:00 AM

Every game could have a jackpot. When the game is created, you could choose what percentages of every deposit that would go to fees, jackpot and payout.

For example:
15% jackpot
80% payout pot

The remainder payout pot would be split between the site and host like it is now.

Edit: I'm not sure I understand how your version a jackpot would work, but my version should be easy to implement.
It also would keep games separate. I don't think I would like to have part of my deposits going to other peoples games.

I agree with all of that ^^
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 07:29:03 AM

How's that sound?

For example:
15% jackpot
80% payout pot

Jackpot is being added.

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 07:28:30 PM

If anyone wants to know when the Jackpot feature has been added to rounds, get in touch with me via PM with your email address, and I'll let you know as soon as it's been implemented.

Bonus: the first 3 that start new Last Man In Jackpot rounds will have their deposit + ROI almost immediately, as I'll play those games and lock your earnings in immediately.

Regards,
Jonathan

Dragonlord

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:54:46 PM

If anyone wants to know when the Jackpot feature has been added to rounds, get in touch with me via PM with your email address, and I'll let you know as soon as it's been implemented.

Bonus: the first 3 that start new Last Man In Jackpot rounds will have their deposit + ROI almost immediately, as I'll play those games and lock your earnings in immediately.

Regards,
Jonathan

PM sent. Can't wait to start a jackpot game  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: