Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:38:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase making extra money?  (Read 976 times)
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:49:18 AM

Coinbase isn't an exchange.  They actually take on a lot more risk than an exchange.  When they buy from you or sell to someone else, they may or may not have a matching buyer.  It means they take on some risk.  However, I'm sure they have a certain set of reserves so internally, they can minimize their risk between the buy and sell spread.

One thing that's interesting, which I did report to them, is that the sell price changes to a flat amount (nearest whole $100 amount) when you put in an amount of .0001.  They haven't responded to my bug report yet.

I haven't had that happen.

- clip -

No, your supposed to just put 0.0001. Here is what it looks like at 1 btc:

This is at 0.0001:

Now this is interesting

The thing is that the min you can sell is 0.1 so after that they dont care...

On a side note, what screenshot software do you use?

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caminilegroup

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:51:33 AM

-Getting kinda long-

I'm on my mac, so I use the built in Shift-Command-3 and I downloaded Paintbrush to do simple edits, I also have gimp for fun.
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:52:57 AM

-Getting kinda long-

I'm on my mac, so I use the built in Shift-Command-3 and I downloaded Paintbrush to do simple edits, I also have gimp for fun.

Ok, well if you care to know, I use puush to take bare screenshots and if I need to do some editing, then I use awesome screenshot, edit the pic and then take a screenshot with puush... (if that made any sense).

caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:56:38 AM

-Getting kinda long-

Ok, well if you care to know, I use puush to take bare screenshots and if I need to do some editing, then I use awesome screenshot, edit the pic and then take a screenshot with puush... (if that made any sense).

Yeah it makes sense. I put all my shots in my picasa and have one folder for anything bitcoin related. I will check out awesome screenshot, it looks pretty nice
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:57:35 AM

-Getting kinda long-

Yeah it makes sense. I put all my shots in my picasa and have one folder for anything bitcoin related. I will check out awesome screenshot, it looks pretty nice

Ya, its great. It lets you take pics of the whole page even if its longer than you screen.

caminilegroup

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:59:43 AM

-Getting kinda long-

Ya, its great. It lets you take pics of the whole page even if its longer than you screen.

Yeah just noticed that, thanks. It will definitely come in handy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: