Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:32:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myethwallet  (Read 514 times)
randyjayag3

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:09:35 AM

I would suggest you that don't put all your digital currency in one digital wallet. Spread it as long as you can. Myetherwallet is secure and safe but as i say spread your digital currency for more safety.
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:17:04 AM

Your private key doesn't leave your ledger so using the MEW website thru browser support on your ledger is fine. Always make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your ledger as they address security issues and update minor things.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Btcwashu

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:45:37 AM

Your private key doesn't leave your ledger so using the MEW website thru browser support on your ledger is fine. Always make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your ledger as they address security issues and update minor things.

Putting your coins in a different wallet is the best strategy to prevent losing your money in one time. The important is keep your private key in a safe place because hackers always find ways to harm you by hacking your private key and get your money in your wallet. We must be careful on this because making money is not easy.
Cactushrt

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:53:47 AM

Yes it's good im using MEW for storing all my erc20 tokens for a long time and never had a problem just keep your private key safe and always chech the MEW website before importing your private key

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
almtu

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:49:54 AM

Whatever wallet you want to store your coins all aren't secure for it is vulnerable.
Secondly you should take charge strictly of private keys. Much better don't put everything in one wallet to make sure incase there will happen still you have some not all gone.
002jin

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:16:17 AM

Service MyEtherWallet provides access to all features that currently have cryptocurrency Ethereum and regularly evolving. According to its functionality, it is quite capable to compete with the official client, however, unlike MyEtherWallet does not require downloading gigabytes of blockchain and even any installation on the hard drive. Moreover, it is available in a web version, which means it can be used at any time and from any device on any platform where there is a browser.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:56:21 AM

Huge amounts should be prioritized if you want to secure it.

Don't just store it somewhere where hackers can possibly hack it easily. Like in MEW, if you uses private keys instead of JSON file for accessing your wallet, you better change it.

Otherwise, getting your own Nano Ledger S will be the best choice after all.

MAUTMALAIKAT

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:59:11 PM

I think myetherwallet is safe to store crypto as long as you can keep private key properly. Don't get leaked to the public. Don't haphazardly access the myetherwallet link you find in the email, or any link found in the place that tells you to open your wallet. Be careful it can be like fishing.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
DoubleShow

Activity: 292
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:26:22 PM

Is this good to store large amounts of crypto on if you use the ledger to unlock it?
Do not have to use the leger to store large amounts. I use multiple accounts for altcoins and wallet on my PC for bitcoin. In my opinion it is quite reliable way to store cryptocurrency. The main thing is not to go to phishing sites and maksimalno carefully to use the MEW purses and MyCrypto.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:06:13 PM

It is never good to store large amounts at one place, but if you want to, ledger is just fine.

You can also store your funds on paper wallet, which is also one of the safest way, if you do it properly with clean PC possibility that someone will hack you is near 0%.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:42:01 PM

Is this good to store large amounts of crypto on if you use the ledger to unlock it?

I am what amount mean as high amount. If you want to hold the bitcoin or ethereum worth of 10k USD or even more you will be able to buy the hardware wallet such as ledger nano or trezor wallet.
This will be allow to save the fund in secured way.
Please do not believe the fake news spreading hackers attacking the bitcoin wallet. Not at all possible one.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:40:05 PM

I am what amount mean as high amount. If you want to hold the bitcoin or ethereum worth of 10k USD or even more you will be able to buy the hardware wallet such as ledger nano or trezor wallet.
Please do not believe the fake news spreading hackers attacking the bitcoin wallet. Not at all possible one.

10k usd or more is already a big amount of cash and i guess it is pretty risky to put that amount on a single wallet online. I agree that we should now betted use a hardware wallet or a cold storage in order to secure that kind of amount because hardware wallets is known to be more safe because they are offline and being offline means you arent prone to any hacks or any other attacks that can potentially stole your funds

. Spreading that said amount onto a different kind of wallet is also recomendable to lessen the risk of loosing it all instantly
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:10:07 PM

If I had large amount of crypto assets I would never store all of them in one place, even if it's a super safe hardware wallet. I would spread them among several online (hardware) wallets evenly, as I think it's the safest way to store your money. Otherwise, if you loose your wallet you loose everything.
If you really are holding a large amount of cryptocurrencies and its value is very high then the best option is to have several hardware wallets just in case something goes wrong, that is way safer than storing your coins online were a hacker could always have the chance of getting your coins, but if you do not have so much money it is still a good idea to invest in one single hardware wallet to protect your coins.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:08:30 PM

If I had large amount of crypto assets I would never store all of them in one place, even if it's a super safe hardware wallet. I would spread them among several online (hardware) wallets evenly, as I think it's the safest way to store your money. Otherwise, if you loose your wallet you loose everything.
If you really are holding a large amount of cryptocurrencies and its value is very high then the best option is to have several hardware wallets just in case something goes wrong, that is way safer than storing your coins online were a hacker could always have the chance of getting your coins, but if you do not have so much money it is still a good idea to invest in one single hardware wallet to protect your coins.

I believe buying the crypto wallet hardware not at all useful thing at all. We need to find the bitcoin wallet secured in any private key secured one. Because of the fake hack news itself we all believe that bitcoin will be get stolen from the wallet.

But that is not at all a true information buddy. I suggest you to invest on fund you are using for buying hardware. Then go with the any good wallet which is being widely used in the market.
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 633

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:09:52 PM

10k usd or more is already a big amount of cash and i guess it is pretty risky to put that amount on a single wallet online. I agree that we should now betted use a hardware wallet or a cold storage in order to secure that kind of amount because hardware wallets is known to be more safe because they are offline and being offline means you arent prone to any hacks or any other attacks that can potentially stole your funds

. Spreading that said amount onto a different kind of wallet is also recomendable to lessen the risk of loosing it all instantly
Splitting out those funds is a good idea but would a little bit hassle in my part. I can able to risk out to store it on a single hardware wallet as long i do know how to secure those keys and other related stuffs.You are right that  hardware wallets is somehow ideal when it comes on storing up coins for longer periods of time. Myetherwallet is a capable wallet as long you do keep the keys securely and no one can able to stole or bruteforce.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Lay

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:09:10 PM

safe or not it depends on the way you use. all wallet will be dangerous if you put pasworld and private key you carelessly. if you want your myethwallet safe, you should keep the json files very confidential, or you can use metamask to open myethwallet. but you should keep your password confidential. or you memorize the code on the private key is better

dumiya

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 04:25:39 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 04:51:31 PM by dumiya

I prefer a hardware wallet such as Ledger wallet to store large amount of crypto assets. Private key won't be exposed to anyone if you use a hardware wallet which means greater security.

MEW offline can also be used after you creating your wallet as it is more safer than using MEW website. You could visit a phishing site and ended up with getting hacked your wallet if you are using MEW website.

However, I don't want to get a risk. Therefore, I always prefer hardware wallets over online wallets to keep my crypto assets safe.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:17:33 PM

I think Myetherwallet is a good storage for huge amount of coins for as long as the private key is safe or even if you use your ledger to open the site. I did store mines but I just withdrew them because I need the money for emergency, but I had kept it there for a year or so.
hotimbineh

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:27:37 PM

I think Myetherwallet is a good storage for huge amount of coins for as long as the private key is safe or even if you use your ledger to open the site. I did store mines but I just withdrew them because I need the money for emergency, but I had kept it there for a year or so.
I think the same with you
as long as we can still keep the private key we can still save in myeterwallet but I suggest do not use a one wallet only because to better maintain our assets when hacked we still have assets in other wallets

hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:13:11 AM

I think this is one of the best wallets. It is very difficult to hack and it is convenient
I will agree mate.MyEtherwallet is the most and the only wallet that I'm using mow to stored my tokens and coins which is the safest way to keep my profits grow.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: