Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase might add ERC-20 token support soon  (Read 182 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:28:36 AM

Scam alert it looks like it is another scam attempt never open these sort of mail, from what i understand it is an attack against coinbase users and it is a Phishing site to get your private keys, always make sure not to click on those links, book mark the sites and it is important to counter these Phishing activities. The latest news from coinbase is that they acquired a mobile ethereum wallet Cipher Browser.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sidzukana

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:32:08 AM

Just got an email from them this morning, exciting news:

“Weare excited to announce our intention to support the Ethereum ERC20 technical standard for Coinbase. This paves the way for supporting ERC20 assets across Coinbase products in the future.

ERC20 is a technical standard used for Ethereum smart contracts. ERC20 assets have become a popular way for teams to quickly build interoperable contracts/assets.

Users are now able to import their ERC-20 tokens to their Coinbase accounts, after which you will also be able to trade them on the GDAX exchange.

To begin importing your tokens please follow the steps provided.”

This opens huge possibilities once again. Shall we celebrate?

It's a scam email, don't fall for it https://cryptoslate.com/scam-alert-fake-coinbase-erc20-support-email-attempts-to-phish-private-keys/
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:35:19 AM

Just got an email from them this morning, exciting news:
“Weare excited to announce our intention to support the Ethereum ERC20 technical standard for Coinbase. This paves the way for supporting ERC20 assets across Coinbase products in the future.
Users are now able to import their ERC-20 tokens to their Coinbase accounts, after which you will also be able to trade them on the GDAX exchange.
To begin importing your tokens please follow the steps provided.”
This opens huge possibilities once again. Shall we celebrate?
Before celebrating what this mean, you have to contact the coinbase team whether they have sent any mail in the first place, i cannot see any notification from the site and before clicking any links make sure those are sent by the real team, i have seen many mail from different exchanges which are definitely spam and i make sure i never click any links to safeguard my system from virus attack.
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:37:01 AM

Thankfully never fell for that , I was excited though knowing er20 are now added quite disappointed it was a phishing mail, I like the creativity of those scums. Hopefully no one was victimized.

BrianBrianBrian

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

“Joy Token - Smarter Games for Smarter Players ”

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:38:10 AM

This was a good move from Coinbase, I personally have problems with them before but there is no perfect system!
The good thing is there is always a room for an improvement, and this is one of them!
Great job, hope that they do better and better.

──『 JOY TOKEN 』──
Infrastructure Protocol for the Gaming Industry
Ivy41

Activity: 183
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:23:52 AM

I don't know the authenticity of this information; however if true, I think it will be a good one especially in making ETH rise a bit more to the class of Btc; the Apex coin in the Crypto World. Also its gonna make ETH also more popular. Thumbs up.
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:31:54 AM

That's a great sign. Coinbase is an amazing service for me. I haven;t any problems with that company. So i'm glad that i will have opportunity to sell ERC20 on coinbase, not on other exchanges.

koroluk1990

Activity: 155
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 06:16:09 AM

Scam alert it looks like it is another scam attempt never open these sort of mail, from what i understand it is an attack against coinbase users and it is a Phishing site to get your private keys, always make sure not to click on those links, book mark the sites and it is important to counter these Phishing activities. The latest news from coinbase is that they acquired a mobile ethereum wallet Cipher Browser.

Wow  Shocked I got same email and was surprised, but read your message and understood that it was a scam. Thank you Smiley

ProUnion Moving Company is fully insured and licensed moving company based in Los Angeles, California. We provide moving services in South and North California, Oregon and Washington. You can find our local branches in Portland and Seattle.
yujli

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:25:03 AM

I think this is good news. Coinbase has a relatively large influence in the digital currency market. Coinbase users can now choose more coins to invest. This will drive the rise in overall prices. I think there will be a positive impact on prices.
moonkid2988

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:28:26 AM

It's a good news for the market, and the Coinbase is really great. If the token ERC20 hits the Coinbase, there will be a lot of people in the market, and we'll be waiting for a thriving market in 2018.
koroluk1990

Activity: 155
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:25:55 AM

It's a good news for the market, and the Coinbase is really great. If the token ERC20 hits the Coinbase, there will be a lot of people in the market, and we'll be waiting for a thriving market in 2018.

I think this is good news. Coinbase has a relatively large influence in the digital currency market. Coinbase users can now choose more coins to invest. This will drive the rise in overall prices. I think there will be a positive impact on prices.

Hey, guys!!! Open yours eyes! IT IS A SCAM LETTER!

ProUnion Moving Company is fully insured and licensed moving company based in Los Angeles, California. We provide moving services in South and North California, Oregon and Washington. You can find our local branches in Portland and Seattle.
Roxterrio (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:31:01 PM

Thank you everybody who noticed this is a scam letter. I changed the topic name and also modified the original post so people are aware.
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:55:56 PM

Thank you everybody who noticed this is a scam letter. I changed the topic name and also modified the original post so people are aware.

Finally you understood huh mate. You can lock the thread instead of changing and getting more replies as spam to your thread. I see the people worry about MEW. If truly they accept the ERC20 tokens then Coinbase get more users than they have now.
Since it is online wallet and private key would not be shared. Coinbase is not preference to me anytime.

Once again I am saying, lock this thread soon mate.

chennappa121

Activity: 400
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:04:11 PM

it will helpful for all peoples to before going to scammed but i am exactly don't the coinbase going to support the ERC-20 Tokens so before going to do any think please check the official coinbase  site and announcements.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:39:39 PM

Thanks for ringing this to the attention of people, but my main concern is that how do these people gain access to the coinbase data and start targeting their users for attack. There is need for most of these exchanges to start protecting their users data very well. I stopped using C-Cex exchange when I noticed many attempt like this
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: