Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:07:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There's a new economy growing on this forum - Merit  (Read 622 times)
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:02:56 PM

In the first place, merit system is not a type of economy and not also a new form of economy here in forum.
Merit system is a protocol made by Theymos in order for the users in this forum to make a quality post. The new system wants to achieve excellence!
The problem is, we can see a lot of a quality posts in these forum but did not receive any merits like your post here. I believe the thread is only sarcasm.
Absolutely right. I do not see that the new system of merit has changed something in this forum for the better. In fact, this is simply a limitation in access to the forum of new members, since new members will never be able to reach high ranks, say, a senior member. With the current system of merit, it is impossible to collect 500 such merits in ten years.

Definitely second this view. This thing called merits slowly but steadily turns the forum into an elite club. I'm okay with that if this is what actually intended, but if it is not so, then it certainly doesn't work. On the other hand, I see as much useless posting by low-ranked members as it was before the introduction of the merit system. If the goal was to eliminate spam, the effort seems to have failed. The amount of spam and useless shit is as high as it has ever been.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: