Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:40:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, 10 years ago  (Read 1568 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:16:38 AM

We need a better cryto currency... too many hacker going around Bitcoin, inputs...... Sad
Better? You're implying there is something wrong with Bitcoin because hackers exist?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:19:13 AM

We need a better cryto currency... too many hacker going around Bitcoin, inputs...... Sad

I saw on the news a man robbed a bank.  We need a better dollar, too many robbers, robbing banks.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:25:41 AM

I saw on the news a man robbed a bank.  We need a better dollar, too many robbers, robbing banks.
You sir have my like (Y).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:33:13 AM

I saw on the news a man robbed a bank.  We need a better dollar, too many robbers, robbing banks.

i saw someone who stole bread. we should stop making bread, too much bread theft going on.

the truth is that there will always be scammers. there is nothing anyone can do to stop it... and i doubt any other "crypto currency" could solve this problem. the only way to reduce scams is to make bitcoin more transparent and less anonymous.. which would defeat the purpose.
blasthash

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 07:30:52 AM

It was like swagbucks. Comparing swagbucks to Bitcoin is extremely daft.

"global money that would challenge the world’s major currencies"
"beenz management and its legal teams had to meet with finance ministers across Europe to assure them that Beenz would be categorized as virtual points"

Ridiculous.

The centralization of Beenz is what killed it. They had to bend over backwards to try to keep the banks and governments happy. And while the banks initially seemed to be on board, mainly to keep from being called anti-competitive, they would never allow a system like Beenz to grow big enough to  challenge their monopoly on money.

From this history I predict:

Banks and their allies will eventually declare war on Bitcoin, but it will not be an open declaration.

With no central organization to attack, the war will rely on propaganda and ever-tightening regulation designed to stifle legitimate use.

Bitcoin will enjoy varying levels of legality depending on the country it's used in.

Eventually the population will reach critical mass of acceptance and vote to deregulate.

OMG. Bitcoin isn't digital gold. Bitcoin is digital pot.

What hath you done?
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:03:58 PM

I saw on the news a man robbed a bank.  We need a better dollar, too many robbers, robbing banks.

Did the bank ever tell you that, we got robbed so we only pay you back half....

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 03:06:01 PM

Inputs.io wasn't hacked.
Besides, you WERE warned that online wallets aren't safe. That was a KNOWN fact. Get over it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:54:06 PM

The idea of a worldwide internet currency has been around for quite a while. In 1998, the management team from Beenz managed to raise over $100 million to create a new digital currency to challenge the world's major currencies. Despite well-funded marketing, technical, and legal teams, Beenz was defunct by 2001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenz.com

Why will bitcoin succeed when Beenz failed?
Bitcoin is a universal language, it is certainly not controlled by a group of people looking to control the market and manipulate it to book profits. So, unlike "Beenz's currency" this has to succeed.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 07:23:12 PM

The idea of a worldwide internet currency has been around for quite a while. In 1998, the management team from Beenz managed to raise over $100 million to create a new digital currency to challenge the world's major currencies. Despite well-funded marketing, technical, and legal teams, Beenz was defunct by 2001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenz.com

Why will bitcoin succeed when Beenz failed?
Bitcoin is a universal language, it is certainly not controlled by a group of people looking to control the market and manipulate it to book profits. So, unlike "Beenz's currency" this has to succeed.
You got that right.
They are not comparable.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
blasthash

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 07:43:08 AM

Look at everyone beating each other off on syntax and minor wordings here.

There's nothing to say Bitcoin has or will succeed. We, the users of it, are the predictors of that. Before the concept of fiat, if no one used money, it would always be worth that value because it has intrinsic value. Bitcoin's value is driven off collective speculation of the market, in a concept distinct from, but not unlike, fiat.

Let's not look at Beenz as an earlier analog to Bitcoin, but more of a step in the way. Even though Bitcoin isn't centralized, if the majority of BTC users don't smart up (cough cough, all the n00bs complaining on the anti-BFL threads), you could watch many of the things that happened to Beenz. Just because it's defunct doesn't mean that you can't learn from what happened.
Feneusens

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:42:44 AM

Inputs.io wasn't hacked.
Besides, you WERE warned that online wallets aren't safe. That was a KNOWN fact. Get over it.

Inputs.io got hacked.. I trust TF Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:30:39 PM

Inputs.io got hacked.. I trust TF Smiley
That's why he kept running the site for 2 weeks even though he knew that it was "hacked".

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2019, 07:45:49 PM

Inputs.io is still alive. Shocked

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print