Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:56:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web mining: hidden, public, not at all?  (Read 94 times)
afkl (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:57:38 AM

Sorry, this post isn't strictly about mining but about monetizing a website. I haven't found a better sub forum.

When you have a website and you want to add mining, what's the right way? To me it seems there's a chance to get flagged and discouraged in either way.

1) Behave like authedmine. Kindly ask. Could still be flagged and you helped the detectors to flag you and you made your own problems.

2) Behave like TPB or Coinhive did (sorry, no accusation). Could be flagged for exactly the reason that you're not behaving like an honest person.

3) Forget it and ask for cryptomoney the old way. (My website users would be non-crypto people who would have trouble getting hold of any crypto money.)

4) Forget it and do something with advertisement. (Rather blocked by ad-blockers on my audience's computers which would be rather desktop, not mobile.)

I'm not intending to drain anyones battery or slow down browsing for just my advantage. Instead the website may rather be a cpu hog itself because it wants to do nice things, video or gaming.

So the right choice is ... coinhive/authedmine, cryptonoter (wasm / hidden), code your own thing? Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: