Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accusation against A.B. Dada/CoinSmiths/7buckTees  (Read 2160 times)
finnmacool (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:35:06 PM

On December 5th I placed an order with A.B. Dada/CoinSmiths/7buckTees. On their site it shows a 3-8 day turnaround. I paid in BTC using my Coinbase account. I will be putting this on the BTC forum as well. The T-shirt was a Litecoin T, really cool but I guess I can't have it.

After 2 weeks I contacted A.B. Dada and inquired about my order. He said he would look into it and never got back to me. I contacted again and he said he'd look into it. Never got back with me. I contacted again and told him to just cancel the order. He said he would do it by the end of the day or the next day.

I later learned he doesn't even have the ability to reverse an order though he told me he would do so!

Getting nowhere in email I found him on Youtube. Here's a transcript of that exchange:

TheFinnmacool
commented on a video on YouTube.
Shared publicly  -  Dec 19, 2013

Looks so easy yet two weeks after I placed an order, nothing. BTC, gone. First comment on Youtube promoting business, negative. Some guy relying on others to do work for him and failing at it, unfortunate.

10 comments
A.B. Dada
Dec 19, 2013

order number??
TheFinnmacool
Dec 19, 2013

+A.B. Dada
364?
A.B. Dada
Dec 19, 2013

From November 2011? USPS tracking doesn't pull up that far back.?
TheFinnmacool
Dec 19, 2013

Order #364 made on December 5, 2013. Order status: processing.?
A.B. Dada
Dec 19, 2013

Ohhh different website! Let me login to that one. I'm on mobile so gimme a few min.?
TheFinnmacool
Dec 20, 2013

Nothing??
TheFinnmacool
Dec 22, 2013

Still nothing? Should I be taking this up with Coinsmiths since you don't act on my emails or youtube messages??
A.B. Dada
Dec 22, 2013

nope it's all set.  we are in beta so we didn't have any process for refunds whatsoever.  all payments go straight into cold storage and we don't keep any BTC around for refunds, nor does our backend even support it properly.  what I did is i turned off auto-deposit into cold storage and now retain 20% as a balance for refunds.  you should get a refund either automatically or manually either today or tomorrow. (never happened)  it's a totally separate business from 7bucktees, different employees, different business entirely.  you didn't even mention coinsmiths until now, so it took me awhile to figure out who you even were.

once our refund code is uploaded and tested, i'll try it out with your order, although I don't have a refund wallet address so i'll have to get that first.  as i said, we're in beta, and i've never had to refund a bitcoin payment ever, not from any website, so it's a learning process.?
A.B. Dada
Dec 22, 2013

also, posting here does nothing to notify me whatsoever unless i'm on my google tablet, which I only use 2x a week if I manage to be home.  i travel 4-5 days a week and don't carry it with me, so posting here doesn't do much at all.  emailing me, as you had already done, is the best process.? (in other words, don't call me out on my public Youtube channel and embarrass me though I took your money)

TheFinnmacool
Dec 23, 2013

Email wasn't working. Just keep the money. It was my first BTC purchase ever so this is highly disappointing. CoinSmiths needs to do a better job of communicating with their clients on their website about their process. You should distance yourself from them.?

End

You would think this response would illicit an apologetic response from a business owner but not this guy. He was apparently quite happy to just let it go and forget about me.

All I wanted was communication. When that failed and he didn't do what he said he would do it became a trust issue. I believe this person is not to be trusted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: