Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:39:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you have an MtGox account, what is the verification and withdrawal status of your account presently?
Verified and CAN withdraw bitcoins - 50 (41.3%)
Verified and CAN NOT withdraw bitcoins - 22 (18.2%)
NOT verified and CAN withdraw bitcoins - 12 (9.9%)
NOT verified and CAN NOT withdraw bitcoin - 37 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 121

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox . . . Warning about MtGox . . . TAKE THE NEW POLL!!  (Read 8740 times)
||bit (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:24:26 PM

For those that are not verified, but have bitcoins trapped in MtGox:

If a legal case were brought up against MtGox in Tokyo, would you be willing to write a letter which would identify yourself only to be used as evidence for a legal case to sue MtGox? The end result is to force MtGox to allow those with bitcoins in accounts to withdraw them without verification. I'm not even sure why MtGox requires verification when accounts can only deposit and withdraw bitcoins.

Also, would you be willing to pay the lawyer(s) upwards of half of your property recovered, or something like BTC5 - whichever is less?

I'm not so sure this message will be read by many. I might have to add a new survey.

i doubt that even the japanese people would support your refusal to id yourself as the sole basis of your claim.

what kind of reason would a person have to lose HALF their money in order to just not identify themselves?! how much drugs were you selling!?

i mean i feel what you are saying and i understand your frustrations and annoyance. this is bitcoin- where rules are made up on the spot and you should be glad that mtgox hasn't run away with your coins. however, pursuing a legal case on the sole basis of not wanting to get verified seems ?.

Japan has laws on business practices. I think ethical business practice would be more important than how some might perceive it. Japan is a land that we have been branded with the image of being a people of honor - I've been there and think this is probably fitting. And it seems it would be obvious that a business practice that is perceived as 'bait and switch' - whether this is intentional or negligent - would be more frowned at by the Japanese people & legal system.

I'm not into bitcoin for illegal purposes. You're right that one could interpret it that way, but one could interpret it in a few ways on how it seems to them.  All are just opinions among with one simplest possible motive. Basic privacy. One's identity should not be taken for granted. And giving up your identity to a company that didn't makes require it before is odd after they have taken your property without properly informing you - that is unethical if not grossly irresponsible, imo. There are plenty of people that don't trust MtGox at that level - so, they should not be treated as criminals if they protest & desire to force them to be ethical. The feeling of beating them in court might be worth it to many. Exchanges aren't even a good or practical place to hide or smoke up your bitcoins, there are already free mixing services that can obfuscated transaction histories.

You also have to realize that in Japanese court, one would obviously be revealing their identity. Even if you win your case, you would still be associated with the deposits you made since the accounts would probably go on some kind of public record - unless the court somehow kept your ID in secret. It's purely principle. Everyone knows someone that might more likely take the easy road and verify, but there are also those that get spitting angry when confronted with such either grossly negligent or intentionally deceptive business policies.

I'm just probing interest in the idea. I've not set out to pursue this yet, and may simply be one of the people that cave in and verify. Though, I'm still spitting mad at how they handle this.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:20:10 AM

I wouldn't touch any exchange unless I had incorporation documentation and a business account otherwise you just get hassles and delays. Trade on IRC or here/localbitcoins
lalakies23

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:25:34 PM

Hi i have similar problem.

My verification process takes ages!! I have send them all the papers and they refuse to verify. My  BTC is stucked!!!
naur

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:00:11 AM

Hi i have similar problem.

My verification process takes ages!! I have send them all the papers and they refuse to verify. My  BTC is stucked!!!

Maybe u can try to withdraw a small amout of BTC from Mtgox everyday.

Many people want to convert USD to BTC and withdraw BTC out of Mtgox.  So Mtgox has very high pressure. U need tactics of withdraw and good luck. Maybe no time to be waiting and wasted.

Good luck.
lalakies23

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:59:03 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 11:13:33 AM by lalakies23

Unfortunately i cannot withdrawn not even 0.01.

They don't even respond to emails....

Delerium

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:00:01 PM

Their support team is inundated with support tickets right now (as is their AML Team). They've recruited many more staff to try to help reduce the load (but staff training isnt instant!). Multiple ticket submissions won't help and just slows down the process.

If you have a super urgent ticket, you could try their support channel #mtgox on freenode. There is usually a support member in there during JPY and EU hours.

Del

(Also all NEW accounts require verifications to Deposit and withdraw. Existing non-verified accounts can do both as long as they've not been flagged by their AML security checks)
lalakies23

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:40:03 PM

The facts you are presenting maybe accurate.

Although as a customer who his funds are seized with no particular reason this is unacceptable.
Also the most annoying part is that i do not get a reply for the progress when it's been 20 days
this far.

I do not care about the internals of a Fortune 500 company, i want my job done.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:49:55 PM

MTGOX is insolvent!!!

They have no funds (USD) to send out to customers and good luck trying to withdraw your BTC's.

Bullshit, withdrawing BTC just fine since 2011. Never had any problem. Very good luck or you are talking about non-verified customers?

i am satoshi
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:08:18 PM

i wonder if its possible to sell/transfer an old gox account to someone else.  say i've already been verified but no longer use the account. could i sell it to someone and they just add their bank info?
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:25:04 AM

i wonder if its possible to sell/transfer an old gox account to someone else.  say i've already been verified but no longer use the account. could i sell it to someone and they just add their bank info?

No, they check the name and address when verifying bank details.
mozi

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:42:32 PM

My bitcoins are trapped in gox too.

I submitted for account approval on 13 of november 2013. Denied the 27 of november 2013 although I used the same docs i used at Bitstamp.
Meanwhile as I could deposit bitcoins at gox I legitimately thought I could withdraw them back later but that was not the case.

I submitted for account approval again on 12 of december 2013 with fresh documents I asked to my phone provider. Still no response as of today 4 of january 2014.

I'm jobless and hopefully have some money aside, but if i'm not approved by the end of the month I'll be in trouble.

Do Gox understand that when they say validation process request will be reviewed within the next 10 business day, I'm waiting for at least a response within the next 10 business days so i can stick to my plans ?

This is totally disrespectful and I feel the same as if they had run away with my money.

P.S. Within the last days their validation time changed to 20 business days on their homepage...
managing  work overload by extending the delays... bloody crap
franciz

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:56:27 PM

Same here, I applied for validation on 3 of december 2013 and still haven't received any mail or notification.
I also opened a ticket a week ago and still nothing...
Really bad service.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:40:23 PM

I submitted for account approval on 13 of november 2013. Denied the 27 of november 2013 although I used the same docs i used at Bitstamp.
Meanwhile as I could deposit bitcoins at gox I legitimately thought I could withdraw them back later but that was not the case.

I submitted for account approval again on 12 of december 2013 with fresh documents I asked to my phone provider. Still no response as of today 4 of january 2014.

I'm jobless and hopefully have some money aside, but if i'm not approved by the end of the month I'll be in trouble.

Do Gox understand that when they say validation process request will be reviewed within the next 10 business day, I'm waiting for at least a response within the next 10 business days so i can stick to my plans ?

This is totally disrespectful and I feel the same as if they had run away with my money.

P.S. Within the last days their validation time changed to 20 business days on their homepage...
managing  work overload by extending the delays... bloody crap

Yup I experienced this also.

Why they do this is to in my view trap your bitcoins at their exchange. For what reason I do not know. It is essentially BS.

Before you are allow to deposit any BTC they should walk you through the verification process first and get that all squared away.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:52:33 AM

No, they check the name and address when verifying bank details.

well, you could in theory, but the account holder would only be able to withdraw BTC

i am satoshi
usabitcoinbuyer

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:00:14 AM

I should have heeded the warnings.  I opened my Gox account in April 2013.  I've able to both deposit and withdraw BTC without verification... until today.  Today, I got the dreaded "your account is pending review" message when I tried to withdraw a small amount of BTC.

Sooooo.... the message "All withdrawals and deposits require account verification." appears on the BTC deposit page where I'm provided a BTC deposit address.  Hmm, well, one might therefore assume that the verification applies to fiat transactions only...  and one might be wrong.

I'm done with Gox.  They're doing bitcoins a disservice.  The problem is that while I'm very reluctant to go through the verification process to reclaim my coins, I'm also quite reluctant to "donate" my coins to them in this manner.  Grrr.

I'd recommend everyone with BTC at Gox (especially if you're unverified and wish to remain so) to do a test withdrawal to see if your account is also "under review" now.  I'd further recommend that if you're successful, you continue to do test withdrawals until you've cleaned out your account. Smiley

Oh, and please share your experience with this forum...
3nrg

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:03:01 PM

Verified Gox account here.  Currently waiting over 36 hours with no blockchain confirmation on my bitcoin withdraw.
||bit (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:11:39 PM

Verified Gox account here.  Currently waiting over 36 hours with no blockchain confirmation on my bitcoin withdraw.

It'll probably come. It appears to be a pretty common issue.
hirethestache

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:08:42 AM

I only wish I were more aware of the MtGox verification woes prior to transferring a small amount from my coinbase account. It's been about three weeks since I sent photo proof of two bills and my drivers license & no sign of verification. Apparently I cannot even send my coin BACK to coinbase, so that money is sitting in limbo.

Ugh. Good thing it was only a .4 tester transaction.
thelema93

Activity: 339

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:08:56 PM

Personally I have got verified very quickly within about 2 weeks and had fairly good support.
Support usually responds within about 4 days.
I felt I had to post this because from reading most of the posts here, people seem to be ranting about how bad gox is when it's mainly their own fault.
I mean, if they require you to be verified then just do it. What's the point complaining about it. They are providing a great service if you do what they ask of you. Comments like this are pointless:
"I was never able to withdraw bitcoins from MtGox without being verified, but I'm not a long time user there (about 1 year now)."
Well then get verified derrr... What are you afraid of? You think Gox is going to report your id to the cops or something? i don't really understand the fear of having Gox verify your id? Isn't that partly to protect YOU?

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 10:19:32 PM

Personally I have got verified very quickly within about 2 weeks and had fairly good support.
Support usually responds within about 4 days.
I felt I had to post this because from reading most of the posts here, people seem to be ranting about how bad gox is when it's mainly their own fault.
I mean, if they require you to be verified then just do it. What's the point complaining about it. They are providing a great service if you do what they ask of you. Comments like this are pointless:
"I was never able to withdraw bitcoins from MtGox without being verified, but I'm not a long time user there (about 1 year now)."
Well then get verified derrr... What are you afraid of? You think Gox is going to report your id to the cops or something? i don't really understand the fear of having Gox verify your id? Isn't that partly to protect YOU?

And you created an account just to post that?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: