Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Wozniak: Bitcoin is mathematical  (Read 487 times)
sate_padang

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:43:09 PM

I strongly agree, that bitcoin is mathematical, and with the creation of just 21 million bitcoins there must be some purpose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NABILA AKTER SHILA

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:04:40 AM

Well, Steve Wozniak is an intelligent man, knowing about matters of mathematics. We know Bitcoin, program, computer program, algorithm used. These are the words of mathematics. Again these are used in bitcoin. Everything in the crypt is using math, even in trading and mathematics is used to predict. All accounts of the books are calculated by the symbols of mathematics.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:27:58 AM

Seems like a complete empty statement, ...

nah it is just another proof that the media is always publishing shit on the internet specially when it comes to bitcoin and double specially when it comes to bitcoin-news-sites! they are always full of shit. these people are talking about bitcoin from time to time then these shitty sites take their statements, butcher it and then publish the butchered result. some time ago they were saying he sold (dumped) all his coins and got out and said bitcoin is dead just because he said he sold bitcoin near $20k!

Only Bitcoin
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:49:34 AM

Take it from the co-founder of one of the most successful companies in the history of the world. The Woz. Genius. Mathematician. Legend. Can’t go wrong with that.

peter0425

Activity: 2604
Merit: 439

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:56:51 AM

Seems like a complete empty statement, ...

nah it is just another proof that the media is always publishing shit on the internet specially when it comes to bitcoin and double specially when it comes to bitcoin-news-sites! they are always full of shit. these people are talking about bitcoin from time to time then these shitty sites take their statements, butcher it and then publish the butchered result. some time ago they were saying he sold (dumped) all his coins and got out and said bitcoin is dead just because he said he sold bitcoin near $20k!
I agree. Another article that the media has spun to look more controversial, clickbait at the highest point. And @seoincorporation has already clearly posted that its not the way Wozniak is trying to put it up, its just the media is really riding bitcoin's popularity for their own gains.

Take it from the co-founder of one of the most successful companies in the history of the world. The Woz. Genius. Mathematician. Legend. Can’t go wrong with that.
But it doesn't mean we take every word he's spoken like something they can't make any mistakes. Most of the time, you don't need to be a genius or a rocket scientist to understand what's the basic about bitcoin, just common sense will do if you want to get in and take the risk or stay away from it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Welhell

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:22:03 AM

That's true, blockchain is the mathematic and economics. But I still do not understand those who do not understand it. Because, all of governments and banks can not support it and however, they are sending only bad news.
nyerok

Activity: 279
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:51:32 PM

yes you are right bitcoin is a complicated calculation and bitcoin has a very limited total supply so that from the limitations it makes bitcoin better than gold and USD.
feiss

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:12:24 AM

Well, indeed math is the driving force of cryptography and of course cryptocurrencies. Mathematics is also the in the core of bitcoin mining and solving mathematical problems for bitcoin miners are getting harder and harder as more miners are brought into the pool and more transactions are being committed to the blockchain. Needless to say, the economics of bitcoin is driven by mathematical principles. So Steve Woz is absolutely right; bitcoin is all about math!

Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:12:27 AM

I do not really understand about mathematics, but I think so and created bitcoin only 21 million coins must be all there is a certain intention that not many people know.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
israfil

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:13:51 AM

I want to share with you all that Bitcoin is a very wealthy resource because it is possible to change our life using Bitcoin Bitcoin. It is very valuable because Bitcoin has a bright future that can be about many people in the world. Bitcoin is a social network that many people around the world can trade and trade.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:18:31 AM

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak: “Bitcoin is mathematical. I am a mathematician. There are only 21 million. It is more legitimate than other systems”

What do you think about that?

Hi there ser54gold! Yes, that is a basic information about bitcoin. I have read before that Woz is one of the believer of bitcoin. He even publicly knew that he hold several bitcoin several years ago before it even go mainstream. But have you been also updated that last year, Woz also announce that he is selling all off his bitcoin. We knew that he gain a lot from possessing and selling those bitcoin. But as he said, he can't live happy due to the fact that bitcoin price is so volatile. As of today, he didn't tell or oppose bitcoin, but his lifestyle doesn't seems to go with the frequent ups and down of bitcoin price.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:15:12 AM

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak: “Bitcoin is mathematical. I am a mathematician. There are only 21 million. It is more legitimate than other systems”

What do you think about that?

I don’t know whether the bitcoin is mathematical or not because when I operate bitcoin, I never uses mathematics in it but if such a great personality, the CO founder of Apple - Steve Wozniak then there must be something being mathematical in bitcoin bit I can say one thing for very sure that bitcoin is better than any other kind of invests like gold or usd or something like investing into stocks but yes you need to calculate something or somewhat when calculating the valuation or the amount of money you have to invest into bitcoin like other invest involves.
wdelius

Activity: 308

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:18:25 AM

I believe he is referring to the cryptography behind Bitcoin mostly (stuff I don't really understand: eliptical curves, SHA256, Hashing, etc.)

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:57:13 PM

it's just im stupid at math so.....im down for whatever talking about math.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:03:34 PM

a true genius will understand what bitcoin is . Bitcoin popularity and trust and transparency is because of the technology behind it even technology enthusiast will appricate
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:30:47 PM

It is hardly an argument for Bitcoin! People (even commenters above) don't understand and don't usually even like math. Just hearing that something is mathematical sets their hair straight.

For my part, I am a mathematician so I like what he said, but really, obviously, just hearing the m-word may make bitcoin disgusting for people Smiley
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:42:04 AM

I like Wozniak's arguments for bitcoin being better than gold or precious metals.

He said something along the lines of: "people will inevitably develop better and more efficient methods to harvest gold from the earth. More gold will be mined as time passes and technology progresses. The rate at which bitcoin is mined however will remain constant no matter how much technology progresses, which makes bitcoin a more reliable and stable store of wealth than gold".

There's a lot of very smart things being said by Wozniak in the interview he's quoted.

Wozniak also is the only techie I know of who built the hardware and wrote the operating system for a line of computers. As with the original apple computers, he's that talented. Woz is very underrated.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:10:37 AM

It is hardly an argument for Bitcoin! People (even commenters above) don't understand and don't usually even like math. Just hearing that something is mathematical sets their hair straight.

For my part, I am a mathematician so I like what he said, but really, obviously, just hearing the m-word may make bitcoin disgusting for people Smiley

Not only them but also me , i do also hate math because math is a verry hard subject but there were still few people loves math just like you . Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is somehow related to math as it is composes by mainly numbers and digits but that is still understandle for us . However if we were tackling about the technical side of cryptos , then that is a different story anymore.

But overall i do agree with steve wozniak , bitcoin is indeed mathematical . Steve maybe a genius guy but majority of the population arent still didnt care about him.

Most crypto users only knew one name and that is satoshi nakamoto , nothing more nothing less.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:32:19 AM

In my opinion, the message of that mathematician only means that unlike flat currency, bitcoin cannot created from nothing in which means this thing gives its value while on the other hand, the flat currency can be reproduced and becomes legitimate because of the law of a nation.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
doublecoins

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:03:18 PM

Steve Wozniak is genius  they are few in this world who can truly understand the potential of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies so he is the one
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: