Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 09:47:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL 25 gh help with hashing!!!  (Read 2788 times)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 2257

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:41:31 PM

Nice job fixing it. Question since I am tormenting a poor little jally right now: Do you remember what the temps were, and do you have one heat sink or two in your unit? Did it have all 8 chips on there?

ryanb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:10:23 PM

Nice job fixing it. Question since I am tormenting a poor little jally right now: Do you remember what the temps were, and do you have one heat sink or two in your unit? Did it have all 8 chips on there?

i also did it on my jally i have the upgraded one and it was hashing at 5.5 did the same thing opened it and now hashing at 7 ghash the temp on jally was 40 now it is 45

and the LS was at 50 now its at 60

so that is another sign that the heatsink contact was not right

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 2257

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:20:18 PM

i also did it on my jally i have the upgraded one and it was hashing at 5.5 did the same thing opened it and now hashing at 7 ghash the temp on jally was 40 now it is 45

and the LS was at 50 now its at 60

so that is another sign that the heatsink contact was not right
Interesting. I've got five chips running on my Jally right now and it's holding at 50c ever since I put a big copper heat sink on the bottom and used cheap-o Radio shack thermal grease on the AL plate to board interface+plate to copper sink interface. A lot of heat can be dumped from the bottom of the board; that I think is why BFL stuck heat sinks on the bottom as well as the top and put that side fan in.

I wish I could get my unit up to full blast, need a few more chips.

C
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: