Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:31:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community driven non ICO projects  (Read 124 times)
biggNY (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:53:17 PM

What do you guys think about community driven projects, that did no ICO, instead airdrop most of their tokens to their members? Most coins I came across in this "niche" are privacy coins with quick & untraceable transactions. They usually offer limited total supply somewhere in region of couple of millions. There are/were a couple out there that I know of.

Prime example of this was Deep Onion, that have made many people 10s of thousands (even more) of USD when sold around ATH.

But on the other hand, there were a lot of scams here too. Projects got listed on exchanges, teams sold of their tokens, never developed their projects and left with money.

What do you guys think of these projects? Do you have a favorite one you are part of? My favorits now are Privcy and Metacash. Both have white paper released and both have active teams behind them, Privcy in particular.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:36:18 PM

Personally I was participating only in 3 projects of such type - Elixir, The Movement and Accelerator. I doubt you can call any unsuccessful airdrop as a scam, because no one was investing in the first place, only the ones who bought on the exchange after the distribution. I like this model more, because the developers are not paid in advance, and their earnings totally depend on the product they are creating. If there is no demand - there's no money for them, actually it motivates them to work harder. You could find several successful projects which were launched in 2017, but this year the absolute majority of releases is trash without any value.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:29:47 AM

Most of these kind of projects are scam or yes leave the members after selling their holdings but with the small percentage you are lucky enough if you hit the jackpot, I mean legit project. Deep onion is one of those successful project unfortunately I was not able to join. For me REBL is one of those who still develops their project and currently better watch out for SEMUX as this is one of a kind as well in terms of its tech.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 04:07:15 AM

Yeah I have heard that kind of coin, One coin I know is NOBS (No BullShit Crypto), they have a strong community and their development seems quite well, even they said that they backed up by McAfee. However though I still prefer token that do ICO, Airdrop gave us really limited coins, and we need to buy from other people, and they usually sell it in unreasonable price, it means we have to speculate earlier.

biggNY (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:50:06 PM

Hey guys, thanks for your opinions.

@lx001 that is exactly what I like about them too. The fact that the team is not receiving any money beforehand is making them work harder, usually. What I meant by scam projects is that team sells their tokens after exchange listing, leaving users that bought them wih bunch of worthless tokens.

I am a bit disappointed I misse Deep Onion, but am sure I will find more like that 😊

Thanks that you shared your tips, will check NOBS and SEMUX out

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:58:46 PM

What do you guys think about community driven projects, that did no ICO, instead airdrop most of their tokens to their members? Most coins I came across in this "niche" are privacy coins with quick & untraceable transactions. They usually offer limited total supply somewhere in region of couple of millions. There are/were a couple out there that I know of.

Prime example of this was Deep Onion, that have made many people 10s of thousands (even more) of USD when sold around ATH.

But on the other hand, there were a lot of scams here too. Projects got listed on exchanges, teams sold of their tokens, never developed their projects and left with money.

What do you guys think of these projects? Do you have a favorite one you are part of? My favorits now are Privcy and Metacash. Both have white paper released and both have active teams behind them, Privcy in particular.
I didn't even knew that these Non-icos were a thing. However most of these non-ICOs are shill projects. I don't trust them, but that's just my opinion. There could be better projects but their potential is just never fully utilized. Airdrops aren't any better, they attract more idiots than smart people towards any project. They aren't driven by community, so its hard to argue if they are actually good or not.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:59:13 PM

in fact, these kind of projects need to be done with state-controlled resources and support. that's what I think. because social structures are important to ensure trust in projects. create distrust on such a platform. blockchain is against vision and mission. there may be misunderstandings. it is necessary for the government to promote these business owners in this respect.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: