Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:10:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 90% jobless rate possible when robots are used everywhere?  (Read 4363 times)
newMeat1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 10:33:14 PM

Haha I didn't even bother reading this post. But if you've ever worked with robots, you would know that an incredible amount of human work goes into making a decent robot. And those are high-paying jobs   Smiley

With the work I do, you don't see robots replacing humans. The robots just do the job more precisely than humans ever could. There are still just as many humans needed to keep the robots moving.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 10:37:58 PM

The trouble is that the capital-owning class that becomes a robot-owning class will have no reason to permit everyone else access to the products created by those robots, because they'll have nothing to offer in return. (Actually I can think of a handful of things they could offer, but most of them are really not very pleasant and there wouldn't be enough demand for them anyway.)

I completely agree. Like I said in an earlier post, unless we completely reform our ideas of property the vast majority of us are doomed.
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 12:23:32 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2011, 09:37:16 PM by johnyj

Haha I didn't even bother reading this post. But if you've ever worked with robots, you would know that an incredible amount of human work goes into making a decent robot. And those are high-paying jobs   Smiley

With the work I do, you don't see robots replacing humans. The robots just do the job more precisely than humans ever could. There are still just as many humans needed to keep the robots moving.

So, robots serve the capitalists and human serve the robot, there will be a new career: robot service Cheesy

On further thought, don't you think this is strange? You become the slave of what you created...

yupek

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:44:58 AM

obviously detrimental to humans if the robot is employed. what we use as a human if the work is done by robot. there are still many negative sides if the robot is employed.
CryptoConduct

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 12:16:15 PM

Using robots creates new professions, robots can't repair themselves. Robots help us to get rid from stupid work
daiminsho

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:51:10 PM

Yes I think its possible with our growing society and most of the establishments are depending on technology because its faster and more efficient way to get a work done easily. People now a days wants everything to be done easily.
tartecyst7d

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:32:43 AM

Particularly if the contest is based on the intelligence then certainly human will win but if it is based on physical ability then robots
WorldBiz project

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:41:01 AM

That is why we should switch from production to creation
hugoworld

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:06:56 AM

Using robots creates new professions, robots can't repair themselves. Robots help us to get rid from stupid work

Completely, perfectly agreed . Robots will need human beings as far as Human beings need them. Because of this situation, Robots will  not completely be replaced with humankind . Both of the races will need each other for sure.

EMP

▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬

ICO START:
10 SEPT 2018
MissIndependent

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:21:18 AM

obviously detrimental to humans if the robot is employed. what we use as a human if the work is done by robot. there are still many negative sides if the robot is employed.

This is somehow felt nowadays. Jobs that are used to be for people are displaced with machines. We can't blame companies, they only looking for innovative ways to make workflow more productive and flawless.
k00d8

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:54:46 AM

I certainly don't think a 90% jobless rate is likely anytime soon. Even if we Progress greatly with robotics and AI, we will need MANY more people than most imagine to carry out service functions related to those robots. And then, of course, it is unlikely that the robots will take all our jobs, at least for a long time. And certain jobs will remain in human hands (politicians, etc.). How to prepare for it? We are trying but in some sense it is futile to overprepare because we will certainly fall short and some Things will have to be dealt with as and when they become a reality.
vallentvi4

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:00:44 AM

certainly most likely will happen,
A great example in household needs. If we look at japanese, how do they create sex dolls for the Japanese population and that is legal? So that the robots can replace the sex needs of a partner if one of them is out of the house in a long time.
And other big industrialized countries that use robots. I think the company still has a solution for employees to not really become unemployed while working.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:12:10 AM

Really depends on alot for factors. For example, it would greatly depend on the population of the earth when robots are used everywhere, next is how advanced are said robots and have they achieved singularity, lastly it would depend on the accessibility of these robots. If the population is decreased substantially say 1 billion then 90% of the population would actually be working on robotics. But i doubt that 90% of the population would be jobless.

squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:16:53 AM

With the industrialization happened decades ago, it layed off alot of the workers. With the rise of moving production lines in the factories of manufacturers more workers we're layed off. As we used robotics alot more we're layed of. The rise of more sophisticated machines, more people got layed off. But more importantly, manual laborers are layed of not necessarily people who work on maintaining these machines and making them. 90% of the population being jobless because of machine is improbable

mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:14:34 AM

In my mind it goes like that :

Jobs are disappearing, and it's a good thing. We intended it.

We've been creating tools thus creating enough freetime to do something else than survive since the beggining.

And sure with technology andvancing, we're creating new kinds of tasks/labour, but not more than we're destroying.

So we're more and more people and proportionaly less jobs, so either :

- We divide the amout of work/person (reduction of global work time)
- We see keep looking at unemployment going up. (some rich as fuck (a tiny little fraction), and the rest living undecent lives)

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
strengthvoice6

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:50:43 PM

It would be never possible because humans already has the key to the robot operation and their power source Wink
remarkableshrivel7

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:15:34 PM

I think its yes because robots accuracy rate is much much more than humans
Thaliaismyname

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:11:10 PM

Just at innovation removes certain jobs from the workforce, it also creates jobs elsewhere.machines have replaced humans for many decades but the social benefits are only partially distributed to those displaced.
wistfuljob

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:19:36 PM

Ofcourse yes, robots are evolving day by day and someday it will have its own artificial intelligence to overcome human
furrystocks

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:47:41 PM

I don't know about future. Anything can happen at any nick of time nobody can predict beforehand!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: