Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EDU] The Rule of "No Collateral, No Loan" - IGNORE AT YOUR OWN RISK!  (Read 120525 times)
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 08:49:52 PM
Merited by condoras (3), JayJuanGee (1)

I've seen a lot of loans being asked offering domains as collateral. I'd like to add some comments and guidelines about this:

• Under some conditions, domains can be recovered after being transferred, particularly if it's proven they were stolen, or if there's a copyright infringement.
  • A domain's value is very subjective and changes a lot. Several people ask about what valuation to use. The answer is simple. As said by Vod, collateral must be easily sold. Therefore the valuation to be used must be one that allows the domain to be easily an immediately sold. That is a very low price.
    Maybe it'd be possible to sell the domain for 100x the price on Sedo or similar, after 1 year+ of promoting it, but that's definitely not easily selling it.
  • History of sales normally just list top-priced sales. They're more exceptions than rules. They may be good to give an idea of an optimistic price for the domain after a lot of work, if the right final user is found; but they're definitely not good to set valuations for collateral. What matters is not what price someone paid at some time but what price several people are willing to pay for something at any time.
    If someone sold example.com for $1,000 a year ago but now the highest open, serious offer for it is just $100 then it's not worth more than $100 as collateral.
  • These guidelines seem harsh. You may think it would be better to just sell the domain. And you would be right. The idea is the borrower should never prefer to default and lose the collateral, under no circumstance. If he has to think about it then he should just sell it in the first place. Faking a sale as a loan is not allowed here.
  • These guidelines can apply to art and other goods (physical or digital) whose value is subjective and varies a lot.

TLDR; Domains can be used as collateral if
  • there's no suspicion of copyright infringement,
  • the current and all previous ownership can be proved (especially if the domain is very valuable)
  • and, a very low valuation is used, one that allows an easy, immediate sale

- Some digital wares such as domain names can be considered as long as the user cannot recover it.
I know you mentioned domains, so can we offer our website as collateral? OR Artwork?
Sry, so if I use the domain name as the collateral, how can we evaluate the price? Because i checked the different est domain name, also not the same price some are high, some are low?
Just to get clarify, does domain Name/webhosting will be accepted as collateral?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KryptoTronic

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 09:17:55 AM

Ok, first off I learned from getting reamed a time or two at XDA-Developers years ago to search before you ask - and to inform oneself as much as possible in order to gain the Knowledge and become learned, and other groovy anectdotal givens and Confusciousy stuff blah blah to the point please Kryptotronic....   Ok.

Given the handcuffs have me behind the back and I'm search restricted (?Why that feature?) and I'll be honest and admit I'm easily distracted by links inside posts of threads searched - did I miss the page or two where vehicle titles were covered?  I see the O.P.  laying grounds regarding motorcycles and bigger items, but an actual running vehicle with a Kelly Blue Book value - is the lender (assuming he or she were to accept) in danger or compromised if the title is mailed to them and the automobile somehow secured.

Hold on now eager beavers, bite your smartypants remarks and bear with me - it seems it could feasibly be worked out.  On this note while I am here and asking - are handwritten and/or video acknowledgements of handing over ownership of accounts e.g. Hashflare.io accounts, provide any remediation for the lender to have proof of ownership?

I'm sure that it happens, but for those who would play by the rules (deleted a real good one about crossing my heart right then....  Still too fresh in the forums though.) Its just not an asset in any way that can be procured by another legally?

I like to sound intelligent and most of me is half the time....  Forgive the grandstanding, especially if I worded that weirdly....
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:58:21 PM

This rule should be made one of the major rules on this section as this may help save some of us that may desire to invest into lending program and make more coins from the interest. Many people desire to put in fund into lending services but the fear of losing or been scam  is the major problem some of us could not come in.
2342q6tegw

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:15:25 PM

What is not considered collateral?

- Future income.  You can prove you'll make xx coins in the next few days, but nothing forces you to send those coins to pay your debt.

Am I missing something here? Couldn't income be set up to a multisig account requirng an investor's signature and the borrowers' signature. No investor signature, no transfer.

Also what about loans backed by shares/SAFEs/ convertible notes? Or would that go into securites?
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3408

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:28:43 PM

I’m confused about escrows also. Can anybody explain how they work?
An "escrow provider", acts as a middleman (intermediary).
- Read the following relevant threads:

Choose someone from the following lists (except me):

- Recommended bitcointalk escrow services
- ⛓LIST⛓ BitcoinTalk's Escrow Providers: Ranking & Blacklist ☠ Avoid Scammers ☠

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 08:32:39 PM

- A list of trusted escrows can be found here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0

Last update 2016, and controlled by a scammer!

We need someone trustworthy to make a new list...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6097

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:58:41 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

- A list of trusted escrows can be found here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0

Last update 2016, and controlled by a scammer!

We need someone trustworthy to make a new list...

A more updated list can be found here (September 2018) which in my opinion is well made and the OP hasn't done anything that proves he's untrustworthy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jbdee

Activity: 211
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 02:54:47 AM

Why does FIAT is not included in the list of valid collaterals?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:33:31 AM

Why does FIAT is not included in the list of valid collaterals?

Because most (if not all) ways to transfer fiat electronically are reversible. I suppose that you can have someone meet up with you in real life and give you cash as collateral. (Mailing cash is definitely not advisable.) There are tokens, such as tether, which are pegged to fiat that I am sure people will accept as collateral, though.
jbdee

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 03:43:40 AM

Is Western Union reversible?!

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:53:54 AM

Is Western Union reversible?!

I didn't think about that. No, once you pick up the cash, Western Union is not reversible. However, you will need to give the person you are lending your personal information, because to pick up the cash, you need an ID. If you have the funds transferred to a bank account, than it is reversible.
jbdee

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 04:03:19 AM

If you're willing to give your identity, Western Union can be a good collateral as it's irreversible, maybe you should add it to the list?

And what about bank transfers?

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 04:18:36 AM

If you're willing to give your identity, Western Union can be a good collateral as it's irreversible, maybe you should add it to the list?

And what about bank transfers?

Bank transfers are reversible.  Also, I am not certain if any trusted escrow on this forum is going to accept cash for safekeeping. Also, what is nice about most altcoins is that I can verify that my collateral funds are still in safekeeping and not being moved around.
P.S. I'm not the OP, so I can't add anything to the list.
bregecko

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 01:22:36 AM

Paypal is non- reversible if the ''Friends and Family'' feature is used.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:54:41 AM

Paypal is non- reversible if the ''Friends and Family'' feature is used.

It's safer, but still reversible depending on how the account was funded as one can always open a dispute via his credit card issuer and ask for a chargeback.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Stakeey

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 01:12:35 AM

Has anyone considered accepting pre-listed tokens as collatterall, if so what has been the success rate ?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 12:11:15 PM

Has anyone considered accepting pre-listed tokens as collatterall, if so what has been the success rate ?

That should not be considered as valid collateral. No one is going to accept a coin/token that hasn't been around for some time and also listed in multiple decent exchanges.

Hi there. New in here and would like to know what you think of crypto-backed loans. I have just finished my KYC with Bankera Loans product and it was smooth and offers great sizes of loans and low interest rate at 6%. Do you guys/girls know if I can get better terms elsewhere? If no, I will continue with them in the following few days and let you know of my experience for reference

Take a look at Nexo.io. I suggest you do your own research though as I have not tried them before, but they do have a good online presence.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mr_Pickles

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 09:19:52 AM

You can get free loans for longest time now.  Look up ModulTrade for instance.
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 05:49:40 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), DireWolfM14 (1)

I have gotten probably 30+ no collateral loans over the past couple of years? So I cannot even ask for them from my regular lenders now without being red flagged? I am just asking because I take care of my mom on hospice we are broke as shit... I have ALWAYS paid my not collateral loans back! WITH INTEREST! Is this only enforced on certain users threads or if I posted to my regular lenders thread could one of you red flag me! Even though I can leave a list with links to EVERY NO COLLATERAL LOAN I HAVE GOTTEN? I only ask for 2 maybe $300. I am not out trying to borrow .5 or 1 BTC. I just borrow enough to get caught back up until I get my next paycheck? I do not work very much because when I leave the hospice nurses call Adult protective services on me! If I am to work I have to have a sitter at all times when i leave the house! If I ever borrow it is because I know I have money coming! I am not out to screw anyone over. My life already sucks I do not need karma to fuck it up even more lmao

Asking for a friend?

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2024, 12:39:13 AM

This thread is a decade old today.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: