Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2018, 12:35:50 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we trust the people ?  (Read 197 times)
jaysonzxc

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 02:00:49 PM

on my opinion, we must first acknowledge a person before we can trust
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:14:29 PM

Trust nobody, always expect to get scammed. That way you would not be surprised if it happens and you will always do your due diligence. As people say, the hardware is not "open source" if you can put it like that.
For self verification on what data that hardware wallet sends out you could probably use wireshark. Its a program that does packet captures, so you can literally see any information that it might be sending. (might take some getting used to and knowledge to understand the outputs from that application though)

Personally on the topic of hardware wallets, I would expect they are fully safe and legit. The amount of tech savvy and paranoid people in this space ensures that. We would definitely have developers raising the red flag if there was anything dodgy in the code.

https://www.wireshark.org/

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
drumamat

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:21:48 PM

I'm using a Trezor and it is so popular that it is unlikely that the campaign will catch up with any fails. But you can not be sure of anything, so I prefer to share the balance on different wallets

| 
Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
  [    ]
p4npos

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:10:18 PM

It is not a tough question to answer. You should not trust anyone in this world including yourself. But this is the world we live. We have no other choice but to trust the people who make the hardware wallet. Otherwise, keep your money under your bed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.