Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The internet is just a fad! This remind you of anything?  (Read 218 times)
cohens714 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:44:39 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2018, 05:01:03 PM by cohens714

Very similar to posts we see about blockchain today.  I think we all know how this well end.

https://i.imgur.com/5Hw3ouI.jpg
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:57:09 PM

Very similar to posts we see about blockchain today.  I think we all know how this well end.

This is the pick about the internet and the government how takes the bitcoin as legal or not. This is the similar thing to have the in this imgur file you have shared. As you see this as the evaluation of the market has been seem like how government works now.
There are people invest on mining and trading who are from the government side only as i see those people in my country.
I believe government and bank will use atleast private blockchain ledger to save the funds and other works for the security issues.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:13:09 PM

Very similar to posts we see about blockchain today.  I think we all know how this well end.

A movie executive in the 40s said that people would get tired of staring at a plywood box every night (television). People are generally pretty bad at seeing into the future. Those of us who can should use this to our advantage.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
StevenPop

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:27:14 PM

Grin Yes it does. This is the exact way they refer to bitcoin now, I have actually encountered people who call bitcoin a fad that will also pass too and I laugh and I think about all the things that have been referred to as fads, television, radio, and the internet. Time will prove them wrong and they will wish they had gotten in sooner.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:39:57 PM

A movie executive in the 40s said that people would get tired of staring at a plywood box every night (television). People are generally pretty bad at seeing into the future. Those of us who can should use this to our advantage.

Fortunately for all of us here, we are on the right path already Wink
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:49:01 PM

how to report these??
Lovemae

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:09:57 AM

The internet is not just entertainment for others. Because internetis designed to speed up things here in the world. Just like now, internet  a great help to us. It gives us a profit. Like bitcoin one of the proper use of internet.
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:37:05 AM

The Internet is designed to speed things up here in the world and inspire builds to its users and the internet is very helpful as it can give us the advantages of example Like bitcoin ...
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:42:00 AM

https://i.imgur.com/5Hw3ouI.jpg

Sure, people look down on bitcoin and or blockchain technology right now just like how they looked down on computers and the internet in the past. But that doesn't automatically mean that bitcoin or blockchain technology will be successful. I'm definitely bullish on blockchain, but I'm just being very realistic here. Time will tell.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
chalbinov

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:59:00 PM

This was absolutely a great reminder of just how quickly the times, technologies and attitudes change. About every point was relevant in your example except maybe of course for the replacement of teachers by cd-roms. That could be also countered by the proof of many who are self taught, mostly online. Although there are certain disciplines that require a more hands on experiential course with someone knowledgeable leading them. All in all great example of how people need to wake and smell the peeling burning rubber that is the speed of innovation and adaptation.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:29:48 PM

It took me a while to realize that the post was made in 1995 when majority of the people didn't know what is computer, so it's unrealistic to expect that they will understnd what internet is. It looks valid for the time was posted but we all can see what internet did in our daily life. I personally can't think a day without internet now.

And yes, the OP statement is very valid. People who don't understand what blockchain is today, probably will have to use blockchain in every step in their life in 10 years from now or probably in lesser time.

However, a little change in situation needs to be factored in. When internet was making progress back in that time, governments wanted to adopt it but they faced a huge opposition from the trade and labour unions because they feared that internet will take away people's jobs. But today the situation is other way around. Where people wants to adopt it but governments are facing immense pressure from the Banking lobby because they think blockchain and virtual currency will take away their business. That is major roadblock we are facing currently but eventually we will be able to overcome it.

winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:14:39 PM

This should remind us that just because some people have access to the media and can speak to millions of people that doesn't mean that they know what they're talking about, I remember being a kid the first time that I saw the Internet and I knew it was the future, as soon as I saw bitcoin I knew it will be the future as well, that is why I'm here.
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:40:32 AM

I think the internet is very helpful to someone in giving information around the world, because when I understand about the internet I can meet with friends who sdh 15 years did not meet, which I do not know contacts, I can meet again through the internet other than that the internet has also helped me a lot so i know all about bitcoin and join in the bitcoin forum which until now i really like bitcoin..
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:47:47 AM

skepticism is not a bad thing. and it does exist in all of us but with different dosages. as long as we remain skeptical and don't let it blind us, I don't see any problems with that. but if we let this skepticism blind us and cloud our judgment and even lead to missing out opportunities then you are harming yourself and your future. it is always best to use your logic instead of being a hard head denying something entirely or having full faith in it. somewhere in the middle is where I love to always be.

Only Bitcoin
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:52:06 AM

As people, its in our nature to doubt wverything that is set in front of us. The internet to ke is an exception because even if it is the same network we have been using for year now it is still different it is like a living organism constantly changing and feeding us with new things that we can be crazy about. It innovates and evolves and caters to the needs and wants of its consumers utilizing the data it gathers. Much to bitcoin where it is the by product of that era
feiss

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:23:05 AM

We cannot predict the future perfectly, but I guess Blockchain and cryptocurrency is the next big thing since the advent of the internet. People dismiss bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies altogether without further understanding its implications to the future society. Furthermore, bitcoin is a continuously developing concept; it evolves very rapidly and there is a growing number of core developers now. We can't really judge something's future based on its present state. As of now, people are not seeing the complete shape of bitcoin technology because it doesn't take any shape yet. Thus, judgment is still too early.

Veronicavn1875

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:08:24 AM

The internet is just a fad! This is not true. Blockchain is also built on the foundation of the internet. Without it, blockchain does not exist.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: