Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:41:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my ether wallet tokens gone?  (Read 212 times)
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:48:50 PM

Maybe the token should be added manually and you have to add it yourself to have it visible on your wallet. Try checking again to make sure your token is actually withdrawal by someone, if the transaction is not found then you have to add it manually and your token is not lost.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
grytvikken (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:58:01 PM

Thank you all for your replies due to time differences I have been unable to check responses until now. As for my private key I live alone and have not entered it anywhere nor have I shared it with anyone. My knowledge of this world is basic and some of the comments mentioned have left me a little confused I must admit. When I looked on  Ethplorer .io I can only see a record of the tokens being sent to my Address at MEW.
Can I assume that if they were removed there would be a record of them leaving my MEW address to another adress on Ethplorer?
When I first sent them I set up the custom token on MEW and they arrived and were listed when I checked a few times over a week or so after doing it.....  now nothing is there.  How do I check on the MEW site for any re sending of anything out of my wallet. Please assume you need to explain it in a MEW for Dummies style........I am at the moment a bit of a pumpkin head regards this sort of stuff.   Thank you all
Dimanman113

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:08:42 PM

Check the website etherscan.io in the tab  transactions. If there is not your token with the inscription out, it's all right! You just need to add it when you want to make a withdrawal.
grytvikken (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:01:43 AM

Check the website etherscan.io in the tab  transactions. If there is not your token with the inscription out, it's all right! You just need to add it when you want to make a withdrawal.

Just checked etherscan.io  under token transfers I have a record of my tokens going into my MEW 49 days ago...nowhere is there anything saying out of address.      I must admit Im still wandering around in the dark here.   thank you all
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:22:38 AM

check etherscan.io with your address. the tokens are likely there but the custom token info has dropped out of MEW. or choose add custom token in mew and see if they appear.

Go Green!
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:31:45 AM

Hi Im new to all this but earlier this year I bought some 8794 tokens on the storiqa ico.....not alot then and even less now.
I transfered them to  MEW wallet address that I set up and they arrived ok.  Now I have gone back into my ether wallet to find that my tokens have gone ? I have follwed all the security advice from MEW and not shared my private key....can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? I have gone onto Ethplorer and the transaction record of my sending them to my MEW wallet is there ....amount date etc.
It arrived ok as I checked MEW and there they were......so any advice would be gratefully recieved . Its not a huge amount but I was about to send some much more valuable coins from an exchange to MEW but now Im not too sure.   cheers

1) Check transactions that were out of your wallet. May be you just do not see your tokens (need to add manually).
2) If tokens were sent from your wallet to another address - it means that you have picked phishing link last time (tokens were stolen)

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:42:40 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 11:05:55 AM by emberbekas

Hi Im new to all this but earlier this year I bought some 8794 tokens on the storiqa ico.....not alot then and even less now.
I transfered them to  MEW wallet address that I set up and they arrived ok.  Now I have gone back into my ether wallet to find that my tokens have gone ? I have follwed all the security advice from MEW and not shared my private key....can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? I have gone onto Ethplorer and the transaction record of my sending them to my MEW wallet is there ....amount date etc.
It arrived ok as I checked MEW and there they were......so any advice would be gratefully recieved . Its not a huge amount but I was about to send some much more valuable coins from an exchange to MEW but now Im not too sure.   cheers

Log in into your MEW wallet. On the right side of your browser, find a button with "add custom token" caption then click it.

Under Token Contract Address fill with : 0x5c3a228510d246b78a3765c20221cbf3082b44a4
Under Token Symbol fill with: STQ
Under Decimals fill with: 18
Click Save button as the final step.

Wish this will help you!

grytvikken (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:49:46 PM

I transfered them to  MEW wallet address that I set up and they arrived ok.  Now I have gone back into my ether wallet to find that my tokens have gone ? I have follwed all the security advice from MEW and not shared my private key....can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? I have gone onto Ethplorer and the transaction record of my sending them to my MEW wallet is there ....amount date etc.
It arrived ok as I checked MEW and there they were......so any advice would be gratefully recieved . Its not a huge amount but I was about to send some much more valuable coins from an exchange to MEW but now Im not too sure.   cheers

Log in into your MEW wallet. On the right side of your browser, find a button with "add custom token" caption then click it.

https://image.ibb.co/mEL6p7/MEW.png

Under Token Contract Address fill with : 0x5c3a228510d246b78a3765c20221cbf3082b44a4
Under Token Symbol fill with: STQ
Under Decimals fill with: 18
Click Save button as the final step.

Wish this will help you!

BOO YAH !!!! Thanks mate it worked ......... thank you all for your help I appreciate all your input   .MANY THANKS  !

Just wondering why it would have vanished from MEW in the first place?Huh??  glad it was petty cash not 50k worth
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:55:32 PM

I transfered them to  MEW wallet address that I set up and they arrived ok.  Now I have gone back into my ether wallet to find that my tokens have gone ? I have follwed all the security advice from MEW and not shared my private key....can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? I have gone onto Ethplorer and the transaction record of my sending them to my MEW wallet is there ....amount date etc.
It arrived ok as I checked MEW and there they were......so any advice would be gratefully recieved . Its not a huge amount but I was about to send some much more valuable coins from an exchange to MEW but now Im not too sure.   cheers
yes sometimes mew is not very secure as my experience my tokens has been lost sice i got it from bounty and i find out that sometimes scammers change th link of mew so becareful when storing you tokens

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Matdog
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:08:27 PM

yes sometimes mew is not very secure as my experience my tokens has been lost sice i got it from bounty and i find out that sometimes scammers change th link of mew so becareful when storing you tokens
the likelihood of it happening anytime and anywhere but for this I do not seem to be lost,
it may be hidden and you should check it through the token address in Mew and your token may show up
if you are not a victim of phishing sites, but if you still can not find you need to do intall extensions metamask to prevent phishing sites to get your private key back.
Agaton

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:18:59 PM

I am also a new on this business, and as what I have been reading on the opinion below, I have already a few ideas on how to transact my earning coin soon, because I have no experience on how to transact my tokens that forms into a real paper money.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: