Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:47:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of ICOs?  (Read 363 times)
davidcox (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:16:20 PM

What do you think is future of ICOs? Where do you see this in next 5 years?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:47:51 AM

ICOs aren't going to be as easy to garner attention as they used to be.

I think that we're shifting from unregulated ICOs to regulated ICOs. And the KYC laws surrounding these ICOs are going to pretty strict. In the next 5 years, it should be expected that a lot of big companies come up with their own initial coin offerings as well, just like Telegram is planning on doing.

Overall, expect more regulations in the ICO sphere. It's going to be harder and harder for devs to pitch their ideas across, when they have so many competitors.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:06:49 AM

the future of ico will be great in 5 years from now there still be a lot of project to choose for thesame as today

D182
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 02:08:03 AM

ICOs will evolve into STOs (Security Token Offers) which are mostly the same thing, but regulated. Unfortunately ICOs are raising funds from the public without any rule, some of them are scams and other ones do change rules after they announced things, even after people have invested in them. I do not like regulation, however I don't like to be in the "law of the jungle" either. There has to be some order and unfortunately this means some kind of regulation. Also, I don't think that they will be as attractive as today. They will change, evolve, and adapt.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:11:32 AM

Going to be hell of a hard time for ICO projects to lift off and reach their soft/hard caps as we'll be witnessing tens of thousands of projects passing by and only a small portion out of this would truly have the potential to succeed. As far as breakthroughs are concerned, they'll be coming only on the form of brilliant ideas and nothing less than that.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:25:48 AM

I think in next few years I will change dramatically and will be closer to IPO.
nguyen9977

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:28:32 AM

ICO is developing in the future will be more
celakkenyang

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 02:33:08 AM

I see more and more ico and competing projects and the price of ICO will be more expensive because the coin price will increase every year. this year is a good year for investment in ICO.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:02:28 AM

I can't say a lot about that but only some of them have interested idea in my opinion. The majority of them just try to make any improvement to the old protocol to increase the usefulness of the old protocol itself but remember it can be done by the old team. They must create such a creative idea just like bitcoin or ethereum.
In another way regulation will be coming soon.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:05:49 AM

personaly i would say we cant predict future of crypto, you ask future of crypto for 5 years later, it could be better from now or could be worst from now, so lets keep work hard for our lovely crypto world.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
Octc76

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:16:16 AM

in my opinion, the essential nature of a human being is to be a winner wherever and whenever. so in the next 5 years ICO will continue with a variety of unique concepts that it sells. as well as more and more of the same products that could be an existing competitor.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:11:28 AM

In the next five years we will probably be flooded with various icos competitively or exclusively promoting projects that bring in betterment of society, ease of work, time saving, transparency, security and revolutionarily novel, bringing in freshness and change.
Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:20:40 AM

Since Japan entered the world of cryptocurrency, I expect that in 5 years, we will completely innovate. A lot of ICOs will exist made by Japan since they are promoting industrialised ecosystem. The future of ICO is not clear as of now because there are countries who ban cryptocurrency and it is an obstacles for an ICO to become successful. But I hope things will clear in the near future.
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:21:17 AM

I will see more regulations on ICO. We can see many ICO being looked into by regulators and law enforcement. SEC are doing their best to check on US based ICO, and other countries will follow too. In a few years, i would see ICO numbers to drop significantly. ICO will soon be a regulated process to avoid scams.
Bonanzabits

Activity: 364
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:22:01 AM

I think that the ICO has a great future. It is necessary to settle many issues with the KYC, settle other legal and financial issues, and then the institutional money will flow into ICO as Niagara waterfall.
Reena28

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:23:04 AM

There is a promise of ICOS democratizing finance, but the reality is it is new, not settled..
There are no clear regulations as of yet. Lots of companies are interested but a lot of companies are choosing to set up in jurisdictions that have ways of regulating these
Dimanman113

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:28:31 AM

I think that in the future ICO will be strictly regulated. We will not see scammers of projects, people will trust ICO more that they will not lose their money and huge investments in projects will come with the help of ICO. But ICO will be a very long-term investment - more than 5 years. As now it will not be.
Smeilz2017

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

HI : HEALTH

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:37:43 AM

I think, Crypto will exploding. There is no doubt that the popularity of ICOs, either as a funding vehicle for startups or investment vehicle for cryptocurrency traders, will led to the extremely diversified ICO market.

HI : HEALTH           ┃┃           PRIVATE SALE
  ████████    The Global Ecosystem Analyst    ████████
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:44:50 AM

It is already difficult for ICOs to achieve success and recognition from the crypto-currency community. I believe that 95% of the crypto currencies expect collapse, only the most powerful and promising projects will remain in the arena. Those currencies that will survive will grow strongly in value. ICO will lose its value and necessity. But this will happen not in the very near future, but somewhere in 3-5 years.
Samolet

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:45:14 AM

ICOs aren't going to be as easy to garner attention as they used to be.

I think that we're shifting from unregulated ICOs to regulated ICOs. And the KYC laws surrounding these ICOs are going to pretty strict. In the next 5 years, it should be expected that a lot of big companies come up with their own initial coin offerings as well, just like Telegram is planning on doing.

Overall, expect more regulations in the ICO sphere. It's going to be harder and harder for devs to pitch their ideas across, when they have so many competitors.

Your opinion completely coincides with mine. Regulation is a complex process in which it is necessary to find a balance between protecting the interests of participants in the cryptocurrency market and improper control and appropriation of private funds. I very much hope that this balance will be achieved, and the market of cryptocurrency will become safer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: