Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:45:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Come The Price is So Low?  (Read 1193 times)
sidjourn (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:15:54 AM

Hey guys,

So I am new to bitcoin. I realize it's expensive to buy a coin now, but I found an Indian guy online who claimed that bitcoins are available for dirt cheap price. Like he bought one for 60 dollars when the price was $700 in GOX.

This made me think. How can someone buy at such a low price? Probably people are happy selling the BTC they bought for $1 at $60 or so.

And so my exploration begun!

I tried finding such guys, and found one.

Today this guy I found, actually called me back. He told me he doesn't have bitcoin but he can get one very soon, at 7000 rupees! I was surprised, and asked him right away: how can you sell for so cheap?

He went on to treat BTC as an underground market and said the rates are actually this high. He further went on to explain that BTC are not 7000 but 7300 or something. I laughed, because the ongoing rates are much more than that. I told him to check online price, and he said online it's always expensive. I wouldn't have believed him, but the chat with the guy who bought @ 60 dollar makes me believe all this now.

So has anyone any experience buying bitcoin in the grey market? Can I be scammed? Is it worth it?

Appreciate your reply.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:19:15 AM

Hey guys,

So I am new to bitcoin. I realize it's expensive to buy a coin now, but I found an Indian guy online who claimed that bitcoins are available for dirt cheap price. Like he bought one for 60 dollars when the price was $700 in GOX.

This made me think. How can someone buy at such a low price? Probably people are happy selling the BTC they bought for $1 at $60 or so.

Today this guy I found, actually called me back. He told me he doesn't have bitcoin but he can get one very soon, at 7000 rupees! I was surprised, and asked him right away: how can you sell for so cheap?

He went on to treat BTC as an underground market and said the rates are actually this high. He further went on to explain that BTC are not 7000 but 7300 or something. I laughed, because the ongoing rates are much more than that. I told him to check online price, and he said online it's always expensive. I wouldn't have believed him, but the chat with the guy who bought @ 60 dollar makes me believe all this now.

So has anyone any experience buying bitcoin in the grey market? Can I be scammed? Is it worth it?

Appreciate your reply.

Scammed!!

/dev/null

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:19:55 AM

How are you going to pay him btw.. i guess western union.?  Grin

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:20:55 AM

You're gonna get scammed/mugged/killed

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
/dev/null

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:22:17 AM

Dugged,raped too.. Grin Grin

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:24:07 AM

Dugged,raped too.. Grin Grin

He gonna do it cos u said Drugged!!  Grin Grin

sidjourn (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:28:25 AM

Hey guys,

Appreciate your reply.

Scammed!!

On the flip side, we are in India. Why can't we have people in grey market, who are not used to online and Internet, sell BTC at such price. I mean, 7000 rupees is something for them for sure. He told me he doesn't have BTC at the moment, but he will get them soon and ring me up.

Said we could meet face to face as well, but then he has to travel to my place, and he would only if I confirm that I am going to buy.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:30:15 AM

Hey guys,

Appreciate your reply.

Scammed!!

On the flip side, we are in India. Why can't we have people in grey market, who are not used to online and Internet, sell BTC at such price. I mean, 7000 rupees is something for them for sure. He told me he doesn't have BTC at the moment, but he will get them soon and ring me up.

Said we could meet face to face as well, but then he has to travel to my place, and he would only if I confirm that I am going to buy.

A grey market for a grey market currency. Hmmmm..

sidjourn (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:34:44 AM

How are you going to pay him btw.. i guess western union.?  Grin

By cash, probably. Haven't decided because he called me, and I told him I want BTC. He said he doesn't have em but he will get them for 7000 bucks. He also said we can have a face-to-face exchange, but then he will have to come down to my place.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:44:00 AM

How are you going to pay him btw.. i guess western union.?  Grin

By cash, probably. Haven't decided because he called me, and I told him I want BTC. He said he doesn't have em but he will get them for 7000 bucks. He also said we can have a face-to-face exchange, but then he will have to come down to my place.

Be careful is all.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 04:24:44 AM

Simple advise :
If it sounds quake, if it smells duck, if it looks like duck... well, be careful.
Don't try that.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
MahaRamana

Activity: 338

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:36:00 AM

Right, people who are not used to "online and Internet" have bitcoins... Maybe they don't know what internet is and received bitcoins last christmas on a usb stick !

Are you kidding me ?
troy112

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:46:39 AM

simple ...receive the bitcoin first then pay... if he is willing to do then go ahead otherwise don't

You could also ask for ascrow..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: