Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:01:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE]How to avoid scam?  (Read 1201 times)
felicity06

Activity: 251
Merit: 3

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:29:58 PM

Working in cryptocurrency is really profitable but if you work on those scam also... It will become useless...  Working here is really hard as well as finding a good campaign is really hard to know and to predict also...  We should be always aware of it especially those who are only beggining to work here...  There are lots of way to ensure that we are in a right direction the only thing we need to do is to keep aware and have our own research about it...

[ Globe-dex.com ]
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine ]───────────

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 10:32:06 PM

Don't trust anyone in this market. And always do researches because anything that looks new into your eyes might already happened in the past. Bitcoin and blockchain really has a great potential that is why frauds and scams are anywhere.

Balayashi

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:41:21 PM

Well, actually even a https link it only means the responsible has payed for a SSL certificate. It does not avoids you to go into a scam.

About ICO's, never trust any email you receive...always search about ICO's by yourself. There are websites that evaluate ICO's, there are communities of ICO's investors that you can search and ask and participate and try to know by several sources if that ICO is trustable. Look at their team, linkedin profiles, github profiles, the project github, how long is without activity, how many commits in how much time, how many ppl participating. Read the whitepaper, try to understand the value of the project and always try to understant at the first glance if by any change it is any kind of ponzy or pyramid scheme (bitconect, regalcoin, etc).
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:44:04 PM

Wow this is valuable information, I guess you went to great lengths to collect the list of scams at the very end of your post! Good job!! As others have mentioned many get into crypto just to earn quick money without knowing what crypto is and how it works. This post is very valuable in this regard where it cautions people on what to look in a scam and avoid such schemes altogether. Thanks again!
Daboy_Lyle (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:33:18 PM

This is a great read for new users in the cryptoworld. like me. got some friends im sure that needs this. thank
Thanks for the kind words. Will update it everytime I learn new ways to avoid scams.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:22:24 PM

You have made short post but not enough facts on this, I suggest you to write more facts so people won't loss in SCAM ICO's.
I would give plus one to you for this topic.
He cant write all, he just wrote a few. Besides the reason you can post on his thread is to write those things you think are missing. No man is an island of wisdom.
Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 12:08:49 PM

There are thousands of scammy projects out there,and one needs to be careful inorder not be defrauded.
One should check the identity of those behind a project he want to invest on to know if they are faceless .
I said this because 80% of scammy project are managed by faceless people.
Even if the people managing a particular project are known check to see if they have managed a multi million dollar project.This will help you to know their previous performance.
You should also check if the project has its own website ,Reddit ,twitter ,telegram and discord.
If they have all these things another step is to note down what the participants on its social media are saying about the project for example if there is so much complain ,and the customer support of that projects is not ready to proffer solution then know it is a scam.
You should also note down how active the admins of a particular projects are on social media, meaning how often do they post updates on social media?
You should know the problem the developers of a particular project aim to solve after you have read and understand the white paper.
The question is ,would there be a demand for that token if the developers solve the problem
The questions is,do they have the financial capacity to solve the problem or not?
How do they raise the money ?it is a scam if there is no clear definition on how to raise the fund.
Finally ,if they are not following its roadmap ,it means the developers are scam.
Daboy_Lyle (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Another thread of proven scams.

Adding this thread ⚠ List of SCAM ICO! [PROVED]  by bl4nkcode.

Bumping this thread for newbies.
SJJoh

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:28:24 AM

It might sound obvious, but please, pay attention to the language as well. Try to see the patterns in how admins communicate in FB, Telegram and so on. If they are not overly formal and then you suddenly receive a PM starting with "Dear Sir", there are high chances that even if they have a picture of the admin, all the info corresponding in their account, they are still not an admin. If the team is not pushy in sales and you get a PM with a different overall attitude, consider why. It helped me and some of my friends several times.
Areding

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:12:12 PM

Fraudsters have lost their positions badly and can invent nothing peculiar. The methods are the same, and if you understand the subject, it easy to find out you deal with fraudsters.
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:53:06 PM

Thanks OP, Even in telegram I have received many look a like names of different ICO admins but if you double check the username its different people they are offering a private sale with a big discount and if you are not aware about it then you might be scam in no time be very careful in investing always use the official mediums for transactions.
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:46:09 AM

hi. Thank you so much for this useful guide!
People now don't have excuses. you have to just follow these simple steps in order to protect yourself from scammers.
thank you so much again!

Hello newbie, It seems so good right ? The idea of it is very useful. Specially this generation because there's a lot of scammers everywhere specially when it comes about money.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:16:08 PM

The new mode of scamming crypto users is the emails from ICOs that impersonate real ICOs at a cheap discounts. I never reply to emails of ICOs I haven't personally applied for whitelisting.
Bilinnaire

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:15:24 AM

Furthermore, be careful with your details. Many are fond of looking for freebies and in turn they submit their confidential information into the hands of scammers. Be careful while participating in such activities, if you aren't careless, then you're very close to being safe.
FedKosco

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:31:58 PM

The new mode of scamming crypto users is the emails from ICOs that impersonate real ICOs at a cheap discounts. I never reply to emails of ICOs I haven't personally applied for whitelisting.

These letters are not only not worth answering. It is even better not to open them, because you can get a virus on your computer.
And you should never give your main mail when registering for projects.
Daboy_Lyle (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:00:24 AM

Better not to open them. You can ico's during their pre sale on their site to take away the scammer.
Sometimes we can't avoid it because a lot of email bomber is working just to get money by scamming.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 01:44:41 PM

This is more relevant for most of us whos looking for safeties using internet since the largest reason of hackings happen thru phishing sites,this is helpful and thanks for that

Have some additional threads for same purposes to pevent cryptonians from becoming victimized

Here’s the threads,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4456502.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3415026.0 For scammers

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4264404.0 For phishing site

Hope it can help
Daboy_Lyle (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:30:52 PM

This is more relevant for most of us whos looking for safeties using internet since the largest reason of hackings happen thru phishing sites,this is helpful and thanks for that

Have some additional threads for same purposes to pevent cryptonians from becoming victimized

Here’s the threads,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4456502.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3415026.0 For scammers

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4264404.0 For phishing site

Hope it can help
Thanks for putting the link of some useful thread here on forum. You can report on scam accusations to spread the scam crime.
artdisrupt

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 03:40:55 PM

the best way to avoid scam is to think like  a scammer too. by doing this logic you will know all their strategy and pattern they have been using to scam people for years . there is no free launch any where this is a rule that guides when i see free btc link  that have potential to scan your your pc .
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 09:52:49 PM

Very important details where touched upon here I think it high time we improve on our consciousness
Always protect your device and avoid suspicious site

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: