Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:22:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody had reliable buys with TechnoBit.eu  (Read 2654 times)
otsaku

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:23:44 AM

I'm thinking the same - not sure TechnoBit should be branded scammers just yet but lack of replies are obviously very worrying.

jclsspasc

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:51:35 AM

I have an order for November, placed in October that still hasn't arrived. It's more than one month overdue already. The same is the case for an order of a friend.
No point in mailing technobit. They won't answer.

I wouldn't of bought anything at technobit had I read threads like this one beforehand.

Scam or not, their helpdesk is non existent. And they are not capable of delivering on time in a market where every day mining becomes increasingly harder.

I have never written any reviews for a service or product, but they got me so frustrated with their lack of responsiveness. I just had to say something about it.

Save yourself some trouble, buy somewhere else. You've been warned.
Melb

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:27:00 AM

I have an order for November, placed in October that still hasn't arrived. It's more than one month overdue already. The same is the case for an order of a friend.
No point in mailing technobit. They won't answer.

I wouldn't of bought anything at technobit had I read threads like this one beforehand.

Scam or not, their helpdesk is non existent. And they are not capable of delivering on time in a market where every day mining becomes increasingly harder.

I have never written any reviews for a service or product, but they got me so frustrated with their lack of responsiveness. I just had to say something about it.

Save yourself some trouble, buy somewhere else. You've been warned.

+1 - my second order has not arrived still - Marto74 talks rubbish about January delivery - now open when he has not even dealt with orders back to October & November. He makes a big deal about not being a scammer - yet does nothing to address his lack of communication. He says he will 'offer refund in 5 minutes' - but actually the reality is that he ignores such requests. PayPal offer a 45 day dispute window although I don't hold up much hope here as he has obviously had his account suspended as Technobit no longer accept PayPal. So the chargeback maybe the only route now. May not be out and out scam as some products do drip feed their way out - but to place an order without any credit card guarantees - forget it! You will regret it!

Melb
Blueman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:29:59 AM

Marto says that he has taken on a staff member to deal just with emails so maybe communications will improve. maybe.
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:02:55 PM

Marto says that he has taken on a staff member to deal just with emails so maybe communications will improve. maybe.

yes..  read here  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355323.msg3965432#msg3965432
Melb

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:08:18 PM

Suspiciously he doesn't mention how to contact this other staff member - a question I raised several times.
I am left to assume that this extra member (if they exist - not sure I believe anything Marto says anymore) would monitor the 'contact us' - so I have left yet more messages on there - awaiting a reply but not holding my breath!

Melb
Melb

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:35:50 PM

One of my orders turned up yesterday  Smiley

DPD UK never had the tracking info for me... I used www.speedy.bg as they hold the tracking numbers at the Bulgaria end - there is a small link in the top right for the English version.

Melb

Care to share with us what your order (or actually, payment) date was and what you've ordered?

I see many people asking about order updates but marto74 is too busy I guess to answer all questions.

2xHEX16A2 (one for a friend) and a few Nano's - ordered 10th November

I had a problem with the other order (on 13th) - this was returned 'canceled'... Marto74 promised to UPS them to me (that was a couple of days ago)... I think he must be very busy (best to PM him) - but he does eventually deliver and as he is in the EU this saves the VAT hit of 20% + import taxes here in the UK if we order from the US/outside of the EU.

Melb

One week on - I am still waiting - given that UPS Express quote 1 day from Sofia to London I think it stands to reason that my order was not sent out 4th December... But as I have not received an updated UPS tracking number (as I have requested twice) then there is no way of knowing what (if anything) is going on. I notice quite a few on another thread have said that their orders have gone to the Speedy courier only to be 'canceled' (system returned) a couple of days later. The people that have experienced this seem to be Nanofury orders. The reality is that couriers do not 'cancel' for no reason and I am cynically thinking that they have been in fact been canceled by Technobit themselves to fulfill other orders. Of course I hope to be wrong on this one but the fact is that whilst there is only black hole (one way communications) with Technobit/Marto74 there is no way of knowing what is going on. I have PM'd twice in the last few days and given up hoping to get a response via the Technobit site. I will wait a couple more days and if nothing it will be a strongly worded message requesting a refund. Failing this it will of course be chargeback time.

Melb

So, after several messages Marto74 finally gave me a refund thus proving that he had not shipped anything (as he had promised). This is the manner in which he responded:-

"Dear MELvyn.B
Your first order with us was delivered, second one is now refunded.
We are not going to accept any orders from you in the future. Your account with us is disabled.

Best Martin"

I Don't think he need fear me pestering him with my custom again somehow...

Melb
jclsspasc

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:20:01 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 02:43:28 PM by jclsspasc

I went to the police station today to make a criminal charge. They seem to be taking this issue very seriously. Too many people have been complaining about not having received anything and not being able to contact technobit.

It's now been 45 days that i've been sending mails to technobit and I haven't gotten a single response. Not through mail, phone or their site messaging system...

If technobit is able to provide me and my friends with the orders that were made, i'll drop the charge and notify everyone on this forum that technobit is not a scam. But right now all signs are pointing to yes.

Edit: I just got a mail from technobit saying my order is being shipped. I just called the police to put the charge on hold until I get my order.
Jeffrey

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:46:03 PM

I went to the police station today to make a criminal charge. They seem to be taking this issue very seriously. Too many people have been complaining about not having received anything and not being able to contact technobit.

It's now been 45 days that i've been sending mails to technobit and I haven't gotten a single response. Not through mail, phone or their site messaging system...

If technobit is able to provide me and my friends with the orders that were made, i'll drop the charge and notify everyone on this forum that technobit is not a scam. But right now all signs are pointing to yes.
Lol ?

Look further around this forum, they are already shipping, they're just behind schedule. A few weeks, that's all. Not like BFL who got behind MONTHS (and also had very poor communication).
Yes, their communication is very poor at best. However, there is communication. Marto is posting here and there, stating when orders will be shipped. They've also updated their site stating new orders will be delivered from January on.
Besides that, there are already people who received their orders so it's not a scam.
I can imagine they get litteraly houndreds of mails and PM's a day. That's why they hired somebody to handle all of this. But look at yourself, you state you've been mailing for months now. Everybody is doing that... there is just no beginning in getting through this. (yes it's a reaction to their poor communication, but just to get an idea)

Another problem is that information is all over the place. There are some product specific threads, there's an official company thread, then there's threads like this, so people easily miss out on important information.

But charging them? That was such a bad move... What if it turns out to become a real legal issue with a judge etc? It will take so much of their time and money to sort it, which in no way will be good for all other customers besides you. More delays, and maybe things turn out so bad they have to let the company go bankrupt and nobody will ever see any money or miners.

Seriously, by now everybody should know that the entire BTC hardware world is all about pre-orders and delays. I have yet to see a company or product which didn't get delayed. If you're impatient and can't handle delays and poor communication stop ordering stuff and go to ebay for overpriced in-hand miners please

FYI, I have 3 orders with them, worth over €3000 (end november and early december shipment) and I haven't received anything, nor any reply to my single email I wrote, so I'm also not satisfied at all.

But just realize, all your personal issues with them and doing stuff like this only makes it worse for yourself and all the rest of us...
Melb

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:29:58 AM

My situation was a little different.

I placed my first order on 10th November - and this was delivered a little late but that was ok as I was being kept updated by the general released email to everyone on the Technobit list. I was happy to wait and the goods came through especially as I could see the tracking information showing progress.
The goods were well built and performance good for the price.

My second order I placed 3 days after the first (I took a gamble) - I ordered some more Nanofuries and purchased a couple of 10 way hubs (now redundant) to run them. When the status first changed to 'shipped' there was a tracking number and when I typed this is it said 'canceled' 'system return'... Now, that is a perfectly valid reason for me wanting to know what was going on... So I didn't post on the open forum I PM'd Marto... He replied (the last I had) that the boards were returned for unknown reason and that he would send them out UPS Express the next day at his expense. The next day was 4th December - after a couplle of days I PM'd requesting a new UPS tracking number. I followed this up over the next few days with requests to be told what was going on etc - these were to threads that Marto views as well as PM's.

This was not a situation of just waiting because I am pretty sure that waiting for my elusive package would have resulted in the expiry of Paypal dispute time and ultimately the expiry of chargeback time and I would then still have no goods... Given that Marto had said that he was going to UPS Express them to me - I took that word on trust - he betrayed that trust and that is something you should not do for customers you wish to keep. Of course BFL are just as bad but comparing another bad example does not make the Technobit situation right!

With the nature of mining hardware speed is of the essence and of course delays cost money... Everyone knows the Terrahash units are going to appear early in the new year - when these appear 24GH/s / 40GH/s boards will become extremely diluted in the pool with those big boys and revenue from these will plummet. So at this stage of the game even a small delay could mean the difference between profit and loss from mining. Which is exactly why 'In Hand' stuff on Ebay does fetch a premium because it is a known quantity which removes some of the gamble.

I don't feel as though I have done anything wrong by requesting a refund as Marto/Technobit could not provide me with some communication as to what was happening to my apparently 'shipped' order. I wasn't waiting for it to be built according to our previous communications (when they existed).

I see possible evidence here on these pages that suggests he has ripped people off (but to be fair I can only judge by the postings here) - at the same time I know from personal experience he can deliver the goods and they are of good quality. But I would ask one question to those now waiting....

Do you not think it a little odd that Marto is happy to promote January shipping orders and working hard to ship December orders - at the same time as blatantly ignoring those waiting for information about undelivered October and November orders? That to me has alarm bells ringing! I hope I am wrong - but I have been in this same situation before (not with Technobit or Marto) where the continuation of the business and the fulfillment of old orders relied on the ever increasing generation of new orders - in other words in my previous situation it was a ponzi... Those in at the right time profited but when it collapsed I was one of the many that lost out. This is bearing all the wrong hallmarks of a sustainable business. I hope for all those waiting and even for Marto himself that he does change his business ethics... Some words of wisdom for Marto himself - if you have a rapidly expanding business you have to build the structure at the same time as that acts as the skeleton (pillars) that holds your business together - this is standard business knowledge to anyone that has successfully grown their own business and widely taught in business schools/colleges.

Melb

corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:35:54 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 07:53:47 AM by corsaro

My situation was a little different.

I placed my first order on 10th November - and this was delivered a little late but that was ok as I was being kept updated by the general released email to everyone on the Technobit list. I was happy to wait and the goods came through especially as I could see the tracking information showing progress.
The goods were well built and performance good for the price.

My second order I placed 3 days after the first (I took a gamble) - I ordered some more Nanofuries and purchased a couple of 10 way hubs (now redundant) to run them. When the status first changed to 'shipped' there was a tracking number and when I typed this is it said 'canceled' 'system return'... Now, that is a perfectly valid reason for me wanting to know what was going on... So I didn't post on the open forum I PM'd Marto... He replied (the last I had) that the boards were returned for unknown reason and that he would send them out UPS Express the next day at his expense. The next day was 4th December - after a couplle of days I PM'd requesting a new UPS tracking number. I followed this up over the next few days with requests to be told what was going on etc - these were to threads that Marto views as well as PM's.

This was not a situation of just waiting because I am pretty sure that waiting for my elusive package would have resulted in the expiry of Paypal dispute time and ultimately the expiry of chargeback time and I would then still have no goods... Given that Marto had said that he was going to UPS Express them to me - I took that word on trust - he betrayed that trust and that is something you should not do for customers you wish to keep. Of course BFL are just as bad but comparing another bad example does not make the Technobit situation right!

With the nature of mining hardware speed is of the essence and of course delays cost money... Everyone knows the Terrahash units are going to appear early in the new year - when these appear 24GH/s / 40GH/s boards will become extremely diluted in the pool with those big boys and revenue from these will plummet. So at this stage of the game even a small delay could mean the difference between profit and loss from mining. Which is exactly why 'In Hand' stuff on Ebay does fetch a premium because it is a known quantity which removes some of the gamble.

I don't feel as though I have done anything wrong by requesting a refund as Marto/Technobit could not provide me with some communication as to what was happening to my apparently 'shipped' order. I wasn't waiting for it to be built according to our previous communications (when they existed).

I see possible evidence here on these pages that suggests he has ripped people off (but to be fair I can only judge by the postings here) - at the same time I know from personal experience he can deliver the goods and they are of good quality. But I would ask one question to those now waiting....

Do you not think it a little odd that Marto is happy to promote January shipping orders and working hard to ship December orders - at the same time as blatantly ignoring those waiting for information about undelivered October and November orders? That to me has alarm bells ringing! I hope I am wrong - but I have been in this same situation before (not with Technobit or Marto) where the continuation of the business and the fulfillment of old orders relied on the ever increasing generation of new orders - in other words in my previous situation it was a ponzi... Those in at the right time profited but when it collapsed I was one of the many that lost out. This is bearing all the wrong hallmarks of a sustainable business. I hope for all those waiting and even for Marto himself that he does change his business ethics... Some words of wisdom for Marto himself - if you have a rapidly expanding business you have to build the structure at the same time as that acts as the skeleton (pillars) that holds your business together - this is standard business knowledge to anyone that has successfully grown their own business and widely taught in business schools/colleges.

Melb

You will not find any "SHA-256 miining equipment" manufacturer in the world, who wil despatch your order in less then 1-3 months. They are all busy, and overloaded by thousands of orders, coming from all over the world, and thousand of emails and messages reaching them every day. I think it is not easy to manage.

Alternatively you can choose to buy on ebay, at 4-5 times their wholesale price, and receive your unit by 1 week.

Consider that first "Jalapeno" buyers, from BFL, received their "jewels" after months and months of waiting.
pereiratech

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:19:34 AM

Well Guys, I don't know what to say, because I made 2 friends buy their gear in exchange for 50% of the total of bitcoins mined, and they paid and on their website says for several days that the bank transfer wasn't made, I tried many times to contact them and nothing!!

Would it take to long just to say, "Dear user, we are doing our best to solve the problem."? And now I see people wanting to go to the police, even I want to do that. That's no way to deal with costumers. They are to behind schedule. and with this Everyone is losing money.

PLEASE MARTO74 SAY SOMETHING!
Jeffrey

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:28:22 AM

The thing is, there is nothing illegal in being delayed or having bad communications.
People should stop swinning the scam-bat at companies who so clearly aren't scammers.
Like I said before, the entire BTC hardware world is all about delays and bad communication. If you can't handle that, don't pre-order stuff and get overpriced products somewhere else.
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:30:19 AM

The thing is, there is nothing illegal in being delayed or having bad communications.
People should stop swinning the scam-bat at companies who so clearly aren't scammers.
Like I said before, the entire BTC hardware world is all about delays and bad communication. If you can't handle that, don't pre-order stuff and get overpriced products somewhere else.

fully quoted
jclsspasc

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:05:03 PM

I'm hoping it's not a scam. But the combination of the two things you mentioned are a recipe for disaster.
A delay in delivery with no response from the provider, where does that leave a customer?
Jeffrey

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:16:00 PM

I'm hoping it's not a scam. But the combination of the two things you mentioned are a recipe for disaster.
A delay in delivery with no response from the provider, where does that leave a customer?
It's not like there is no response, there is information, it's just all over the place (this forum)

In all honesty, I'd rather have a little less information so they focus on production than them spending hours and hours and hours on answering everybody's question "where is my order"
jclsspasc

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:21:16 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 02:42:25 PM by jclsspasc

In all honesty, I'd rather have a little less information so they focus on production than them spending hours and hours and hours on answering everybody's question "where is my order"

You are assuming that everyone is just asking "where is my order". When I contacted them initially it was to ask about shipment and to purchase more equipment.

There is a multitude of questions that would require being answered by the seller for the purchase to be successful.
Here are some examples:

-If someone initially asked for an item to be delivered at address A. but afterwards needs it to go to address B. The person sends a mail to the seller asking for the change but doesn't get any response. The package is sent to address A. and the buyer isn't able to communicate with the seller, doesn't know if the package was sent or not etc.

-If the buyer marked the package for pick up but now wants to change the form of delivery.

-If the wrong item was purchased by accident and needs to be changed to the correct one.

I can come up with a couple more reasons why they should be responding to the mails in a timely manner instead of just ignoring the mailbox completely.

Edit: I just got a mail from technobit saying my order is being shipped. I just called the police to put the charge on hold until I get my order.
Melb

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:33:09 PM

You are assuming that everyone is just asking "where is my order". When I contacted them initially it was to ask about shipment and to purchase more equipment.

There is a multitude of questions that would require being answered by the seller for the purchase to be successful.
Here are some examples:

-If someone initially asked for an item to be delivered at address A. but afterwards needs it to go to address B. The person sends a mail to the seller asking for the change but doesn't get any response. The package is sent to address A. and the buyer isn't able to communicate with the seller, doesn't know if the package was sent or not etc.

-If the buyer marked the package for pick up but now wants to change the form of delivery.

-If the wrong item was purchased by accident and needs to be changed to the correct one.

I can come up with a couple more reasons why they should be responding to the mails in a timely manner instead of just ignoring the mailbox completely.

You can add to the list:-

-If item claims to have been 'shipped' then canceled. Seller then claimed to have sent UPS (clearly not true).

I don't think it was unreasonable to expect a response from a seller as to what is going on under my circumstances. My cancellation was the last straw as a result of receiving non existent communication to my many messages and PM's as to what was going on with my order (and no - the answer to my situation is not in any of Marto's posts in any thread at Bitcointalk) - it was not just a case of waiting patiently when it supposedly had been shipped, so it must have been built - as Marto claimed it was sent back to him 'canceled' from Speedy - hence his promise to send my package UPS Express the next day - which he clearly did not do! This is not the same situation as that of waiting in a big queue for your unit(s) to be built and delays resulting from this. 

Melb
Jeffrey

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

Here are some examples:

What was your order/pay date and what did you order?
rorygb

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:15:32 AM

I use www.c-sale.tk to sell my coins never had an issue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: