Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMD X16S miner PIGEON/EDEN/TSTCoin +30% compared to Brian's sgminer  (Read 1003 times)
aerisminer (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:26:50 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 09:45:07 PM by aerisminer

Hello everyone,

This is the first of (hopefully) a series of AMD miners developed by Aeris. There are more in the works.

Specs:
  • RX 570/580 Hashrate: 5~6.5Mh/s depending on model/memory/oc settings (stock ~5.3MH/s, Stock with memory Mods ~6.5MH/s).
  • RX Vega Hasrate: 11~12MH/s.
  • 2% devfee.

On both RX 580/RX Vega, I get slightly over 30% hashrate compared to Brian's sgminer with same settings.
This miner is based on sgminer-gm-5.5.5, but the source code is not available for now (let the war against me begin).

The devfee is 15 seconds of every 750 seconds, starting 60 seconds after the miner starts.
Unfortunately for now, if multiple pools are specified, only the first one is used.

Set the following enviroment variables (windows code example)
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Recommended settings for RX 570/580 cards:
Code:
sgminer -k x16s -o pool -u user -p password --gpu-threads 2 --worksize 256 --intensity 21

Recommended settings for RX Vega cards:
Code:
sgminer -k x16s -o pool -u user -p password --gpu-threads 2 --worksize 256 --intensity 22

Windows version only. You may need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013/2015 (x86) if it is not in your system already.
Linux version will come too if enough interest is showed.

v0.1
initial version

Download
https://mega.nz/#F!v6JSXBqK!2jQLwNjgaIV3IoN8OHgfzw

New X17 miner here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3322332.0
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:08:19 AM

Hello everyone,

This is the first of (hopefully) a series of AMD miners developed by Aeris. There are more in the works.

Specs:
  • RX 570/580 Hashrate: 5~6.5Mh/s depending on model/memory/oc settings (stock ~5.3MH/s, Stock with memory Mods ~6.5MH/s).
  • RX Vega Hasrate: 11~12MH/s.
  • 2% devfee.

On both RX 580/RX Vega, I get slightly over 30% hashrate compared to Brian's sgminer with same settings.
This miner is based in sgminer-gm-5.5.5, but the source code is not available for now (let the war against me begin).

The devfee is 15 seconds of every 750 seconds, starting 60 seconds after the miner starts.
Unfortunately for now, if multiple pools are specified, only the first one is used.

Recommended settings for RX 570/580 cards:
Code:
sgminer -k x16s -o pool -u user -p password --gpu-threads 2 --worksize 256 --intensity 21

Recommended settings for RX Vega cards:
Code:
sgminer -k x16s -o pool -u user -p password --gpu-threads 2 --worksize 256 --intensity 22

Windows version only. It may need Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013/2015 (x86)
Linux version will come too if enough interest is showed.

v0.1
initial version

Download
https://mega.nz/#F!v6JSXBqK!2jQLwNjgaIV3IoN8OHgfzw

Get your 1 post 2% devee closed source "faster than the slowest sgminer" crap outta here.
aerisminer (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:16:34 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 09:28:54 AM by aerisminer

Get your 1 post 2% devee closed source "faster than the slowest sgminer" crap outta here.

I would, but you are taking too long to release yours...
Bare

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:47:36 AM

*Grabs popcorn...*  Grin
duhjeff

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:40:20 PM

*Grabs popcorn...*  Grin

Grab me extra popcorn and I’ll bring beer Smiley

“Oh my god 2%?  What are you the government?”

All jokes aside, i might not be an software expert, but I’m smart enough to know if I don’t like something...I wouldn’t use it or use it.  And if it works, I wouldn’t mind paying a fee to the developer for spending time to write the program.   This is what’s wrong with this damn age.  Everyone’s a keyboard warrior and complaint about everything while sitting in moms basement not do anything about it.

I’ll throw my Vega rig in tonight and let you know know the result

Agent009

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

aerisminer, good job man!
Thank you very much, good amd miner...
brianmct

Activity: 26
Merit: 51

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:44:15 PM

I'll be the first to admit that my original sgminer for x16r / x16s wasn't very well optimized. It was made in a hurry for the RVN AMD miner bounty, so it was rushed.

Anyways, I've finally gotten my hands on a RX580 card and had the time to make optimizations.

Introducing... the Avermore miner.

Not only is the devfee only 1% compared to aerisminer's 2%, it's also faster. Aeris is claiming 5-6.5 MH/s on RX570/580 and 11-12 MH/s on Vega? Well, my miner does 7.2-7.5 MH/s on my stock RX580, and others report 13-14 MH/s on Vega. So, a whole 15-25% faster than aerisminer.

Avermore also works with x16r, x16s, and xevan, and is faster than any current AMD miner out there for all three of these algos.

And the best part? Avermore doesn't blatantly violate the sgminer GPL license. For those of you who are unaware, the GPL license (which sgminer is released under) requires that "programs distributed as pre-compiled binaries be accompanied by a copy of the source code, a written offer to distribute the source code via the same mechanism as the pre-compiled binary, or the written offer to obtain the source code that the user got when they received the pre-compiled binary under the GPL." [source].

Aeris is clearly violating this license, as they clearly admit that it is "based on sgminer-gm-5.5.5". If you have any respect whatsoever for the time and effort developers put into developing the miners that makes GPU mining possible, you should not support Aeris' blatantly illegal ripoff of others' work.
SurgedTwice

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:36:16 AM

Thanks Brian I'm liking the Avermore miner  Grin working well with my 2 RX480's and R9 280x nice legit AMD miner. 
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:33:16 AM

I'll be the first to admit that my original sgminer for x16r / x16s wasn't very well optimized. It was made in a hurry for the RVN AMD miner bounty, so it was rushed.

Anyways, I've finally gotten my hands on a RX580 card and had the time to make optimizations.

Not only is the devfee only 1% compared to aerisminer's 2%, it's also faster. Aeris is claiming 5-6.5 MH/s on RX570/580 and 11-12 MH/s on Vega? Well, my miner does 7.2-7.5 MH/s on my stock RX580, and others report 13-14 MH/s on Vega. So, a whole 15-25% faster than aerisminer.

Avermore also works with x16r, x16s, and xevan, and is faster than any current AMD miner out there for all three of these algos.

And the best part? Avermore doesn't blatantly violate the sgminer GPL license. For those of you who are unaware, the GPL license (which sgminer is released under) requires that "programs distributed as pre-compiled binaries be accompanied by a copy of the source code, a written offer to distribute the source code via the same mechanism as the pre-compiled binary, or the written offer to obtain the source code that the user got when they received the pre-compiled binary under the GPL." [source].

Aeris is clearly violating this license, as they clearly admit that it is "based on sgminer-gm-5.5.5". If you have any respect whatsoever for the time and effort developers put into developing the miners that makes GPU mining possible, you should not support Aeris' blatantly illegal ripoff of others' work.

May you please create a thread ?
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:54:44 AM

exactly... i was just about to ask that.

also could you add api support?  i'm not sure if that is my problem or not.  I can run your miner fine by itself, i just can't get it to play nicely with pool/profit hopping software such as megaminer, awesomeminer, mpm or such.  thanks... any assist would be great.  (i'm currently using megaminer which is based off of mpm).
4ward

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:02:17 AM

also could you add api support?  i'm not sure if that is my problem or not.  I can run your miner fine by itself, i just can't get it to play nicely with pool/profit hopping software such as megaminer, awesomeminer, mpm or such.  thanks... any assist would be great.  (i'm currently using megaminer which is based off of mpm).

api works fine

see my MegaMiner fork Wink
https://github.com/yuzi-co/Megaminer/

alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:26:53 AM

api works fine

see my MegaMiner fork Wink
https://github.com/yuzi-co/Megaminer/

I looked at the code for x16r/x16s you had for Avermore, and that's almost exactly what i had.  can't seem to get the x16r/s to work with tutulino megaminer.  Yours has all the updated algo's in it that tutulino mm doesn't (i've just been changing what i need to have the updated stuff).  I'll try your codebase tomorrow.  it's well past my nap time.
brianmct

Activity: 26
Merit: 51

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:00:45 AM

Made an ANN thread here. I had previously announced it on the RVN ANN thread, but this is better. Thanks for the suggestion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: