Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:31:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All The Hosting Companies / Farms For Mining Machines And The Very Best Ones  (Read 229 times)
GlobalProtection (OP)

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:10:05 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 12:49:01 AM by GlobalProtection

I have one or two miners that are no longer profitable and I would like to send them to a hosting company / mining farm somewhere in the world that is very good. They can change the algorithm from the present crypto to another crypto so it can be mined.

Please list here on this thread all the reputable hosting companies /f arms in the world for miners.

Thank you,

G.P.

If both the legal big tech criminals and legal government criminals can see your data, so can the illegal criminals.  Swiss based online privacy and data protection is the solution.

Use coupon code:  "Digital Swiss Safe" to obtain 10% off of the Swiss Crypto Safe price here > https://www.securesafe.com/en/faq/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:13:59 PM

I don't get it, are you mean colocation services for your Miner? And what this means? "They can change the algorithm from the present crypto to another crypto so it can be mined." is there any company that can do that? Changing algorithm, cause I thought you are using ASIC, right?  Huh
GlobalProtection (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:30:24 PM

I am sorry about my lack of vocabulary knowledge for this niche field.

The mining machine is x11 algo.

I understand that the pool can be changed so that the machine can mine a different coin.

Do you know of any hosting companies that can do this?

Thank you

If both the legal big tech criminals and legal government criminals can see your data, so can the illegal criminals.  Swiss based online privacy and data protection is the solution.

Use coupon code:  "Digital Swiss Safe" to obtain 10% off of the Swiss Crypto Safe price here > https://www.securesafe.com/en/faq/
sjyi

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:28:48 PM

BTW, what miners are you talking about, D3?

So you're looking for a colo which has a lower electric rate to run your miners so you can pay for their service for less than what you pay for your electricity.  If you're not making money by running your miners at your site due to electric rate, you'll likely end up paying someone more because those companies are looking for you to pay not only electricity, but also their overhead to run your machines.

It would be easier and less costly for you to still run it or unplug it until the coin price goes up.
Geraldo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:01:40 AM

Do you know of any hosting companies that can do this?

Related to your question.
I have heard colocation services for our mining machine, but it was a few years ago, and I don't know how trustworthy they are. You can Google it.

Other than that, I agree with sjyi opinion:

So you're looking for a colo which has a lower electric rate to run your miners so you can pay for their service for less than what you pay for your electricity.  If you're not making money by running your miners at your site due to electric rate, you'll likely end up paying someone more because those companies are looking for you to pay not only electricity, but also their overhead to run your machines.

It would be easier and less costly for you to still run it or unplug it until the coin price goes up.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 06:13:32 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 08:17:19 AM by jmigdlc99

If it is no longer profitable for you, regardless of where you are and how much electricity costs, it will probably also be not profitable in other parts of the world. Unless maybe you were mining  at $100 per kw/h. The cost of transporting mining rigs whether GPUs or ASICs will be huge and that is not takinng into account the hassle of dealing with customs.

The way it sounds, you are probably better off selling your old mining hardware.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
GlobalProtection (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:56:17 PM

Because of the efficiency of these D3s the profits went down in 9 months from $8,000 to break even. So it is not profitable to mine Dash coin, but if I could ship these machines to another hosting company that could tweak them to a different x11 algo pool coin (which is much more profitable), these Dash machines may then give me the profits I was looking for.

Anyone else would like to help?

Thank you

Geraldo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:08:13 AM

Because of the efficiency of these D3s the profits went down in 9 months from $8,000 to break even. So it is not profitable to mine Dash coin, but if I could ship these machines to another hosting company that could tweak them to a different x11 algo pool coin (which is much more profitable), these Dash machines may then give me the profits I was looking for.

Anyone else would like to help?

Thank you

You have already know profitability basic. That's right; You need to switch to another coins. You can do that without sending your machine to colocation services. You need to spend a few time to do research, find the most profitable coin on that Algorithms. You can find a ton of guidance how to do that at this forum.
llanaio

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:04:40 AM

You don't need to have anyone else change your D3 to switch to another pool. Just point to a different pool on your configure miner tab of the miner's web interface. You could also point to NiceHash or a coin switching pool like zpool.ca which automatically chases the most profitable coin at the moment. You may need to learn a bit more about configuring ASICs, but don't be discouraged. It will make sense. Your D3 can only ever mine X11 coins, but it can easily be switched to mine any of them by just pointing them to the right stratum server. Also, the most profitable coin long term is often not the most profitable at any given moment. What matters is the price when you sell.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: