Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cards  (Read 863 times)
anirgu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:02:47 AM

Hey Guys, we just got our first samples back from the manufacturer. Even though they weren't made 100% correct this time, we are getting close to a final version These cards are geared towards new users, and aimed to make it easy to get started & educated on Bitcoins.

We want to sell the cards for $9.99 and give the customers a 50% rebate in BTC once the card has arrived in the mail.
We also plan to run only 50 versions of each card.

Just wanted to throw out some early images and get some feedback.

Functionality
* Same as a Bitcoin Paper Wallet
* Public key printed as QR and text
* Private key is hidden under a scratch panel
* Secure Manufacturing

http://imgur.com/a/Nojc4

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:15:43 AM

Looks fine. It is amazing to watch how people works together to push cryptocurrency into our daily life! Cheesy

PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:19:00 AM

* Secure Manufacturing

That's the weakest point of your whole operation. Ho are you going to achieve that, if I may ask? Big card issuer corporations put up tons of money to get there.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
anirgu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:36:19 AM

* Secure Manufacturing

That's the weakest point of your whole operation. Ho are you going to achieve that, if I may ask? Big card issuer corporations put up tons of money to get there.

Happy to answer this! We knew posting on this forum would get this question ... HA

Background: These cards are made for those who have little knowledge of Bitcoins or how to print their own wallet. We are hoping to get such users on the Bitcoin wagon by having a physical card they can relate to, carry and have conversations around. As such they are not meant to store large amounts of BTC.

1) The amount loaded is only $5 in BTC. This is relatively small from both the customer and our perspective (discourages breaking our own word)

If the user is interested in loading higher amounts, we will guide them to printing their own wallet or an online wallet provider.

2) As with any new business, we are hoping our initial customers will trust us and give us an opportunity to show that the trust is not misplaced.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:07:16 PM

Seems like a cool way to get people into Bitcoin, although there is that trust issue.

We want to sell the cards for $9.99 and give the customers a 50% rebate in BTC once the card has arrived in the mail.

1) The amount loaded is only $5 in BTC.

I don't understand this... You're charging customers more than the value they're receiving, and then giving back the difference once you've delivered the product?
lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:34:25 AM

I know people who use paysafe-cards. How can I use the $5 from this card?

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9
anirgu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:03:59 AM

I know people who use paysafe-cards. How can I use the $5 from this card?

If you actually wanted to use the $5 for the card, you would have to scratch the back panel and import the private key into a wallet like blockchain, electrum etc.

Nousplatform Youtube     
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:14:07 AM

Yes, I think this is certain a very cute product idea but it's a little bit bothersome that once you've scratched off the cover of the private key, you can't hide it again.  I imagine that I might want to carry the card around (because it's beautiful) and use it to show off my address so that someone could send me bitcoins, but then I'd be afraid of that person taking an image of the back of the card and getting my private key.
lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:36:26 AM

...but then I'd be afraid of that person taking an image of the back of the card and getting my private key.
much like having a credit card in your wallet I guess. although of course fraudulent credit card transactions can be reversed.

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:53:20 AM

You can't re-hide the private key because once you've imported it into something, you've invalidated the guarantee that there's value on the card, and it no longer serves any purpose.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:38:38 AM

You can't re-hide the private key because once you've imported it into something, you've invalidated the guarantee that there's value on the card, and it no longer serves any purpose.

Sure, there might be no money in that address any longer if I move the money out.  However if I don't have any money in there then I don't get to carry around my groovy card as a way to remember my btc address.  I get it, these things are more like paper wallets to be kept away safe.  It's just that they look cool so I'd be wanting to show one off.
anirgu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:40:48 AM

for those of us that know bitcoin, it is really tough to put ourselves in the shoes of the mainstream. my preferred way to hold bitcoin is to generate my own wallet and keep a majority of my bitcoin in cold storage.

these cards are not designed to put any significant value stored on them. they are really beginner cards to get newbies hooked on Bitcoin.   thank you all for your feedback so far. it's been really helpful

Nousplatform Youtube     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: