Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader or Gamblers.  (Read 2347 times)
Robert543 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:29:27 AM

In coin trading, you are your only enemy. There are no rules in this arena, only you facing you, and you are both winner and loser.
People may think that they are fighting with the market, other investors, or those scammers shark that always have their eyes on your money. In fact, you are fighting against yourself. You are the one who made the decision. You can decide yourself to lose or win, trust me.

As human nature, we all want to make a bunches and make it fast; too much temptation that incites us to gamble with our account.
In the end, only you can chase off the temptation to follow the plan.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:14:07 AM

I prefer trading and the buy only on spot market, not futures or trading with laverage. Cryptocurrencies it self is very high risk market. Why we need laverage and futures. Futures will only make you lose. And laveraging is just like gambling. I am investing in crypto not gambling. No one on earth will win in gambling for long term. If you ever win its only your lucky day.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:30:06 AM

As human nature, we all want to make a bunches and make it fast; too much temptation that incites us to gamble with our account.

The most people want fast and easy money so they will try to gamble with a market and finally blame on market manipulation if they lose money. Even experts can't tell you the accurate prices on a daily basis but they can predict the prices for the long term based on project features. So you should use an only small portion of your investment amount for trading and rest you should invest and wait for markets to give you profits.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 09:33:04 AM

In coin trading, you are your only enemy. There are no rules in this arena, only you facing you, and you are both winner and loser.
People may think that they are fighting with the market, other investors, or those scammers shark that always have their eyes on your money. In fact, you are fighting against yourself. You are the one who made the decision. You can decide yourself to lose or win, trust me.

Indeed. This reminds me of term “greed” which comes out of this temptation to earn more and more money without thinking anything. At the end you see yourself in situation where no one can give you hand and your investment boat is already halfway to sink. Now that’s what relates to what you saying, “you are your own enemy”. Yeah surely that’s the case and you know what, In the long run things do get messy if we don’t upgrade our emotions and we can end up loosing like I said above. Better be slow, gradual and fill the pot completely.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:19:42 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 02:53:02 PM by Moiyah

This reminds me of my trading experiences. Looks like you were right all along. All decisions that were made in trading, all of it are the matter of winning or losing that probably depends on ourselves. Our techniques/tactics/plan can be a successful or not and will make them our guide in our next trades. At least,  our own experience will help us to grow and become an expert and skilled in trading.

lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

trading without reading roadmap,whitepaper;team member is a gambling trading without any knwoledge is a gambling and it can be worst on gambling if you invest in a scam project atleast in gambling youhave a chance to win but when you invest in a scam project your money will only worth 1 satouchi

Free palestine
Owen7021990

Activity: 36
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:07:42 AM

I enlightened a few things in your post. Thank you!
RileyRiley94

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:20:26 AM

very practical
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 07:27:15 AM

I completely agree. Whether or not you are day trading for a large investment bank or day trading from your bed at home, trading is akin to gambling, most especially in the cryptocurrency industry. Everything is so volatile and susceptible to pumps and dumps that are influenced by news, personalities, and even simple tweets. Unlike traditional stocks, technical analysis are thrown out the window and a tweet from McAfee can change your fortune overnight.

It's a big risk but at the same time can also be done right to yield big wins. Probably why so many people have become addicted to it.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:05:01 AM

Well gambling or trading it is still the same(sorry for this term but I am one of the person who is addict in investing) do I would say I waste money to earn more and gain more that is my term for myself who invest and invest. Still If I am one of those persons that is an addict I can still stop spending money I learn to control myself for the best results and proper future earnings.

Also I would say trading and gambling at just one big word of gambling why? because in trading you get to cash out your money and try to make it big and a rise but sometimes and the end you win you lose and you try.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:41:20 PM

I prefer trading and the buy only on spot market, not futures or trading with laverage. Cryptocurrencies it self is very high risk market. Why we need laverage and futures. Futures will only make you lose. And laveraging is just like gambling. I am investing in crypto not gambling. No one on earth will win in gambling for long term. If you ever win its only your lucky day.
Investing for the long term is totally different from those who are trading. Leveraging comes with those who are doing marginal trading and that in itself is actually another form of trading on its own. I always refer to those who do not have any strategy or knowledge of trading in a market as volatile as this to be gambling.

Trading itself comes with a lot of risk, which with knowledge you can try to avert them and get the best from the fluctuations once in a while, but I now imagine those who trade without knowledge. That is a higher level of risk and plain gambling as far as I am concerned.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
hwarico

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:07:40 PM

Trading in crybto currencies now adays is like gambling
I prefer to join new ICOs
trupero_uno

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:23:46 PM

You say in one side of trading, psychology factor. This kind of factor is the most important thing to be controlled, but there is other factor that can influence the trading result: analysis. There are 2 kind of analysis, technical and fundamental. If you do analysis, you are trading. But if you do not do analysis, you are a gambler.

Well gambling or trading it is still the same(sorry for this term but I am one of the person who is addict in investing) do I would say I waste money to earn more and gain more that is my term for myself who invest and invest. Still If I am one of those persons that is an addict I can still stop spending money I learn to control myself for the best results and proper future earnings.
Also I would say trading and gambling at just one big word of gambling why? because in trading you get to cash out your money and try to make it big and a rise but sometimes and the end you win you lose and you try.

As above, the differentiator is analysis. You are trading if do analysis, you are gambling if no analysis carried out. In my opinion, investing is similar with trading just different in time scale. Trading is performed in short time, I think the longest time perhaps just several months or even a year. While investing should be more than a year, and common investment should take around 25-30 years. So in that time scale if you just hold your token in a year, you are still trading.
There is a big different between trading and investing in this term I mean crypto, investment should know project profile and all other things. While trading just see the price and indicators. Some basic indicators such as Moving Average, Stochastic and Bollinger Band.

Investing for the long term is totally different from those who are trading. Leveraging comes with those who are doing marginal trading and that in itself is actually another form of trading on its own. I always refer to those who do not have any strategy or knowledge of trading in a market as volatile as this to be gambling.
The similarity between investment and trading: Predict the price by doing analysis.
Different : Time scale, project knowledge (investing), price and markets situation (trading).

Similarity between investing and trading with gambling: predicting the future price
Different : Analysis and No-Analysis.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:29:07 PM

Where gambling includes pure luck and is the game of luck, I believe trading isn't exactly a gambling. In gambling you need to do trend analysis before making your move. You need to concentrate over Technical and Fundamental analysis along with keeping a watch over news and rumors. This way you make an educated guess which is most likely to succeed. People who do trading without any analysis and out of sheer blind following, are the ones who are gambling and will get rekt.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:29:38 PM

Tell you what, trade or gamble in the world of crypto currency they are one and the same thing here. Know how? Its simple even if you are trading you dont know what is the next move of the crypto currency that you are trading here. Crypto is so volatile that it can move up and down in no time and without any further news. Unlike stock where you at leat clue form the news surrounding to you, its impossible to do predictions in here and it makes it kind of gambling stuff only.

People are falling for this kind of gambles only and they know that if they hit the jackpot then they could just earn hell of money out of it. That is why I am thinking in that way.
rnwr01

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:36:06 PM

It's true, we as humans are always trying to chase the best, easiest, and fastest way to increase our satisfaction. It can be Money wise or reputation wise too, but I do believe it is more of a gamble than trading, specially if you are "trading" emotionally and not making thoughtful sound transactions.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:47:48 PM

Tell you what, trade or gamble in the world of crypto currency they are one and the same thing here. Know how? Its simple even if you are trading you dont know what is the next move of the crypto currency that you are trading here. Crypto is so volatile that it can move up and down in no time and without any further news. Unlike stock where you at leat clue form the news surrounding to you, its impossible to do predictions in here and it makes it kind of gambling stuff only.

People are falling for this kind of gambles only and they know that if they hit the jackpot then they could just earn hell of money out of it. That is why I am thinking in that way.
I dont think so that stocks are way better to crypto yet it is just really a the same thing on my part.Market is volatile the difference is that stocks is somehow readable towards movements yet we can base on fundamentals which we can presume movements due to those news.Trading is a gambling actually if you dont know on what you are doing ,high risk on losing money too but we can eventually less those things if we are knowledgeable.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1114

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:49:31 PM

I admit I had a gambling problem before. Ever since I went to crypto it is like a normal thing to do after I receive the satoshis I earned from the faucet.
It is too small to exchange so I try to gamble it to at least double the income.
But it all ends up not well because of the greed that takes over after you win. Sure they will let you win at start then takes it all again after some amount of bets.

Started trading, and ever since that day I didnt go back to gambling. It is much easier and like you said, you are in control. You can pull out your investment if you want and you can save some satoshis or you could risk it for more. I say there is a big difference with the two.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
maemunah

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:03:37 PM

if I own a better trade because the risk is also not too heavy and does not violate the rules of religion and law. but if the risk stakes big enough because it violates the rules of religion and law and can be in jail also if the police caught
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:22:46 PM

There is not a single person out there who goes into trading with the thought "I should lose at this" which makes your original statement obviously true. What isn't spoken about though is the effort given by all the market participants. It is fair then once you consider both factors that only a handful of individuals win at this, because only a handful of individuals put in the time and effort that is required to win.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: