Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:11:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE eBay bitcoin scam artist Tim Trickett (trick506)  (Read 5800 times)
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:19:49 PM

Really?

Don't deal with Ebay/Paypal for bitcoins. You WILL get scammed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SKEESH

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:41:16 PM

There are so many scams on Ebay now, I spend mos my time on there reporting them!
pepsiplusconkers

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:21:25 PM

I need to bump this, got scammed. and it's bad

I think it's the same guy, which is how I ended up here.

jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:26:05 PM

Was it through eBay or elsewhere?  I think most of us who got scammed through eBay had luck getting our money back.  I can help you out with any information I have on him if you want.  Feel free to PM me if you want.
pepsiplusconkers

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:31:41 PM

I'm pretty sure there is zero chance I'm getting my money back.

He used Et/sy, and "sold" me a miner. WTF can you do, do we even have his real details?

Can the person who said they have more info get in touch please, I can't private message.

I feel sick

I think he's posted in this thread btw, or another one, what was actually about himself
pepsiplusconkers

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:40:07 PM

Jcoin, can you give any more info, I want to PM you but I don't have enough posts.
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:41:01 PM

feel free to email me.  kendostick89@yahoo.com
This is what I know:

His home address is:

Timothy Trickett
11 Bennett Rd
Fitchburg, MA 01420

One of my eBay items had to be returned for a refund, and this was the return address, although the original package return address said San Diego, CA.

His email address from eBay and Paypal are: tjt506@gmail.com, and tim.trickett2@gmail.com.

This is potentially his linked in profile:
www.linkedin.com/pub/tim-trickett-sr/11/594/370
If its not his then some other guy by the same exact name and from Mass. viewed my profile.

I've never used etsy so I don't know how their return process works.  If your out a lot of money go report it to your local police.  They told me to come down to the station since it was over $1000 and that is a felony in Maine.  File a report with the internet crime complaint center and give all the info you can.

What makes you think hes posted on here?
pepsiplusconkers

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:47:40 PM

Ive emailed you, and I'm from the UK.
pepsiplusconkers

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:03:36 PM

Should I let him know I'm onto him.

I'm thinking about posting his blockchain address and info on reddit, although not sure what this can do.
pepsiplusconkers

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:45:12 PM

Can a mod get in touch or something please, I have an important piece of info which you may be able to help out with, enable my PMs.

I got scammed for over $7k btw, pretty much all the money I have, when it looks too good to be true............... and here we are
pepsiplusconkers

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:08:02 AM

Can a mod get intouch please.
QuizMasterChris

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:03:59 AM

I don't see how people can on one hand claim that BTC is the wave of the future & on the other that the average person who isn't a computer expert can't participate via normal, relatively secure money-moving internet transactions to obtain it without expecting to get scammed.
coinuser12

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:51:23 AM

Found this thread after searching and being scammed. I see there is a username that posted here in this thread named btcbuyer99. I am wondering if it is the same person that was scamming on etsy or if it's being used as a stolen identity.

I'm not sure how this is the same guy that is referenced in the eBay scam that this thread is about so I really can't speak to that. I do know the person that scammed me on etsy was using btcbuyer99@gmail for the registered email (that's how I landed in this thread). Could it be the same person? Yes. Could it be a different person? Yes. There is no real way to tell that. You could ask a mod to see what email is attached to btcbuyer99. If its the gmail then it's probably him. If not then I would say no.

What I do know is the person from etsy that scammed me was located in Germany. I called him and the number was a land line in germany. He answered and we spoke for a few minutes. He had a heavy german accent and I could hear a tv in the background also in german. Also, a germany ip address. If I had to bet the eBay guy and the etsy guy are the same, I would say no. Could it be possible this person has stolen some identities and is running both scams, yes that's possible. (the phone number is now disconnected).

I looked at the suspected eBay guy and I would say that he isn't the guy we are looking for. If you follow that guys trail, I don't think he would run scams on eBay. Probably a case of stolen identity.

We aren't going to get our money back since this was done in a foreign country. I spoke with etsy and there isn't anything they can do about it. I filed a police report and was told they would be in contact.

I can't believe I was this stupid. I guess it's a life lesson.
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:56:24 AM

Self note made.

coinuser12

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:06:19 AM

There is also a btcbuyer99 on localbitcoins.com. He has an active trade for selling bitcoins in Germany with cash in the mail. That looks like it is our guy! I don't know what we can do with them being in Germany, but it looks like he's trying to sell our bitcoins now.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the OP's guy, but this is the etsy guy for sure. Son of a bitch!?!?!?!?

Jcoin200- Do you think our etsy guy could be your guy? Maybe using a stolen identity/eBay of your guy?

Pepsiplusconkers- Do you have any more info about this you can share here? I think I've found our guy. I'm sure of it!!
coinuser12

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:19:27 AM

I've seen this thread and the other one like it in the scams forum. I'm just wanted to give out some advice: Don't talk about this in an open forum. Be 100% sure you have the right person. Why does this matter? Because if you are wrong you will get into a lot of trouble. From an outside source not affected by this it looks to me like a case of stolen identity and by adding to it you are only making things worse for the real person affected by this. Vigilante justice and investigating things yourself isn't going to do anything for you but possible get you into trouble especially if you have the wrong person. If you filed a police report then let them do their job. Also, with eBay and PayPal.. let them do their job as well. It seems like everyone will get their money back too. That's just my $0.02.   Source: Professional Experience.

This is the post that is in question. This persons username is the same as the email for the etsy scammer. If I had to guess I would say they are not the same person. The poster of this message is giving good advice to say the least. My guess would be our etsy scammer has taken control of this posters email or more likely, cloned it: btcbuyer99@yahoo versus btcbuyer99@gmail. This is a tactic scammers use to throw you off the trail.

I am certain the btcbuyer99 on localbitcoins.com is our guy. In germany, german accent, german tv in the background, selling bitcoins in germany, it has to be him!! I wonder if interpol or something could do anything about this.
coinuser12

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:51:20 AM

To add: The etsy guy was using the name John Adkins out of San Diego. Google does pull up a person by that name in that location, but I don't believe it's him. I believe our etsy scammer is using stolen identities and scamming with them. That is the most logical explanation here.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:55:21 AM

You sure?  eBay told you to test wallets? 

Yes, I too bought into that scam action...
For those who have yet to start a dispute or get the items delivered - do not start a case at ebay until you take delivery - sign for the package.
They told me that if I refused delivery they will automatically find in favor of the seller - so don't do that!
They advised me to sign for it... open it and test the wallets - all of them and report back to them and appeal the already CLOSED CASES (in favor of the seller at the moment) - then they would see what they can do and perhaps by then their fraud team will have smelled a rat.  Hope they have their hooks into that bank account nice and deep.

if you btc wallet doesn't get nabbed you get scammed here and there... mugging on the net is total BS... what a complete loser!
I also mentioned that he tried to get me to deal w/ hi outside of ebay - hope the dude was listening b/c that is supposed to be a big neg w/ ebay yada yada... whatever.

I also mentioned that his feedback was coming in red hot negative on these items and there were forum posts about that user name being a scammer - they said they could care less about what people 'say'... ya ok whatever ebay - ALL of us are not trying to scam this sucker.

So what do we think these are - just unfunded and sealed bitcoin paper wallets that have never been loaded up?

pepsiplusconkers

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:37:05 AM

Found this thread after searching and being scammed. I see there is a username that posted here in this thread named btcbuyer99. I am wondering if it is the same person that was scamming on etsy or if it's being used as a stolen identity.

I'm not sure how this is the same guy that is referenced in the eBay scam that this thread is about so I really can't speak to that. I do know the person that scammed me on etsy was using btcbuyer99@gmail for the registered email (that's how I landed in this thread). Could it be the same person? Yes. Could it be a different person? Yes. There is no real way to tell that. You could ask a mod to see what email is attached to btcbuyer99. If its the gmail then it's probably him. If not then I would say no.

What I do know is the person from etsy that scammed me was located in Germany. I called him and the number was a land line in germany. He answered and we spoke for a few minutes. He had a heavy german accent and I could hear a tv in the background also in german. Also, a germany ip address. If I had to bet the eBay guy and the etsy guy are the same, I would say no. Could it be possible this person has stolen some identities and is running both scams, yes that's possible. (the phone number is now disconnected).

I looked at the suspected eBay guy and I would say that he isn't the guy we are looking for. If you follow that guys trail, I don't think he would run scams on eBay. Probably a case of stolen identity.

We aren't going to get our money back since this was done in a foreign country. I spoke with etsy and there isn't anything they can do about it. I filed a police report and was told they would be in contact.

You called the guy??!?!

What did you purchase off him? What was his username on Etsy??
When did you pay and how did you pay?

Someone has already said, a package from the eBay guy came from within the USA. So it can't be a German running both scams.
coinuser12

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:51:22 AM

You called the guy??!?!

What did you purchase off him? What was his username on Etsy??
When did you pay and how did you pay?

Someone has already said, a package from the eBay guy came from within the USA. So it can't be a German running both scams.

I bought a KNC Miner a few days ago. I can't recall the username. I had Etsy disable my account. I paid with all of my Bitcoins I had. Lost them all to this guy. Stupid me deleted my wallet so I can't even see the transaction anymore to try and follow where they go. Hopefully you still have your address on hand.

I did call him. I wanted to talk on the phone to him. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until it was too late. I feel like such a moron here. I really do. I paid yesterday morning.

I think it's safe to say eBay guy and our Etsy guy are not the same person. You should start a new thread and post the info there. We don't want to mix these two together. I am sure there are others that were affected by this as well. We will want all our info in one place. I'm certain we are never going to get justice or see our funds again since this guy is in germany.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: