Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:24:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in a smaller raffle with larger ticket price or a bigger raffle with smaller tickets?  (Voting closed: June 25, 2018, 10:38:10 PM)
big raffle small tickets - 2 (50%)
small raffle big tickets - 2 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frankenmint's Dragonmint Raffle Discussion Thread  (Read 168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 10:38:10 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 10:27:23 PM by frankenmint

This is a general questions/support thread for the aforementioned raffles going on.  I currently am holding three different raffles, 

All Miners include the 24V PSU (you'll need a 2nd PSU to run these at 12V [residential]).  Feel free to ask any questions regarding the raffles here.  

FAQs:  

Are you offering Escrow?

As of this moment in time, I am not but I may change my mind if enough interest comes along - preferably a staff member... legendary with double digit trust will be required for anyone who I choose to do escrow with.

Have you opened/used any of these units?:  

I have opened a single unit to take photos of the unit and prove that I do indeed hold them, I have not opened nor used any of the miners and do not intend to use the hardware.

Why are you offering this raffle?:  

I no longer have the hosting capacity for these additional miners and rather than trying to sell them with everyone else, I'm offering everyone the chance to acquire one for a price much lower (and much sooner than) trying to buy one and wait.

How will the winners be chosen:

Just as Hhampuz suggests, I intend to do entries in tables and have the drawing determined by a bitcoin block in the future that matches the registrants number reserved.  I would like to have the raffles completed sooner than later so you can have the gear in hand so as soon as all entries are filled and confirmed the raffle will end and a winner will be determined.

How will you ship the Mining rigs to me?

Major shipping carrier with tracking, insurance, and an adult signature requirement.  

How does the ending digit determine the winner when you have 128 different tickets? There are only 16 different characters in a block hash.

entries will be organized into blocks of 16.  each block of 16 will have two digits assigned to them.  the 2nd to last digit signifies which block of 16, the last digit is the winners raffle entry.   these blocks of 16 assemble in ascending order... based on entry picked

Raffle is a nice idea.
But I don't like this, because he is trying to make a big profit with this raffle.
I don't think its something we should try to do here at the bitcointalk forum marketplace.
It's actually even worse than trying to get the noobs pay an overprice price at Ebay.com.

Depending on feedback I may adjust ticket price and/or # of entries required.  If u purchase before adjustment an adjusted number of entries proportionate will be credited.

Update 3:  Okay based on HagssFIN, Hhampuz, and wheelz1200 suggestions, I'll adjust everything GREATLY downward to better meet the demands of the market. As such, all ticket prices are now reduced to .01 per unit per entry with the cap of the raffle to be limited to 32 spots.  

Update 4: No interest on raffles has been found.... I'm just moving forward to converting these to simple sales and calling it a day. I'd rather do raffles in the collectibles thread anyway.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: