Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:36:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you look for when investing in an ICO?  (Read 615 times)
vmklq

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:49:03 AM

Sir, I believe that everyone's wishes are the appreciation of prices. I am sure that the project itself will develop better, with major breakthroughs or strong teamwork.
albertgrill

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:42:56 AM

I am looking at GoNetwork,aitheon, neo exchange
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:51:22 AM

ICOs are very tricky investing in, but i mainly look at the project, plan, the development stages it intends to pass through, and the product it offers, the development team also matters a lot

Iyanuoluwa

Activity: 202

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:03:11 PM

It is important for you to understand that fundraising through ICOs is risky. You should therefore under no circumstance invest using an amount that you cannot afford to lose.
1)Is the company willing to publish information about its team members?
2)What is the frequency of communication with their future investors? Do they display accountability?
3)You need to know how many tokens are offered for presale and the number of ICO participants, and how many tokens the team reserves for themselves.
lamadu3

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:03:43 PM

I always consider if the manager is trustworthy.
If the manager is popular and trustworthy, then i go fo it.
It usually depends on the people behind a project.
It is better to join those icos that will make me feel secured.

Surely, the team is very important. The product itself means much - it must be interesting really for many people. Always check Whitepaper, and do not be lazy to read it thoroughly and up to the end.
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:06:05 PM

I always consider if the manager is trustworthy.
If the manager is popular and trustworthy, then i go fo it.
It usually depends on the people behind a project.
It is better to join those icos that will make me feel secured.

Surely, the team is very important. The product itself means much - it must be interesting really for many people. Always check Whitepaper, and do not be lazy to read it thoroughly and up to the end.
Agreed. Without team project will dead with any excellent idea. Community can't to continue without founders. Because they know whole plan only
veraro

Activity: 966

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:34:30 AM

I agree with your strategy.To learn whitepaper and who is the team, and also advisers is the right way. I am also looking if people interested in project so i look is there discussion in telegram or other social networks. And i also try to find out what people like Ian Balina or Suppoman think about projects. And after that make investment decision.

Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:36:39 PM

When investing in ICO, you should carefully study the project and pay special attention to the development team, the role of the released token, the current achievements of the team, the road map. All these factors are closely related to the criteria for the analysis of the project. They can be used as control questions before investing.
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:41:23 PM

The most important things is how much profit i can gain from investing in the ico, it's a hard thing to predict especially when the market is bad like january-march this year but it's slowly become better. Hype is an important factor for an ico to perform well, you also have to look at their bonus structure, too much bonus will make the price crash on exchange, only invest in this kind of ico if you can get into their presale. After that you should look at the team background and what they are trying to do, is it useful and will many people use it.

Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:42:22 PM

I expect ICO will give me a high return.
Most of the time, however, ICO doesn't get very good returns.

TheDarkRide

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:47:43 PM

A platform with a working product mostly will interest my mind. There are too many project with a good platform but lack of efforts to bring atleast the demo version.
merle

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:18:26 PM

Hi everyone

New to this forum but I see a lot of veteran advice here. Lately I've been researching, tracking and dabbling in a ICOs. I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is on ICOs, in general, and what your guidelines for investment might be. Note, this isn't a standard "should I invest in btc or X, Y or Z thread, but more of a place to share some strategies.

Personally I always start with the whitepaper and research it and its merit. If it sounds reasonable, I try to answer the question of "what problem does this ICO solve?" - is there a need for it, or, is it simply applying blockchain to some aspect of some industry for no real reason.

Finally, I look at the team. Have I heard of anyone, can I find them on twitter or LinkedIn, etc.

Anyone have other strategies they are willing to share? Looking forward to the discussion!

Those ways are good enough to be some of the ways to minimize the scams ICO. Besides researching the whitepaper and the team, commonly I myself will do some others. It is also important to analyze the token supply and allocation of the ICO program. The softcap and its information about the token sale are also important for we should know that their token sale is real.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
              ▄███████████████████▄
           ▄█████████████████████████▄
         ▄█████████████████████████████▄
        █████████████████████▀ █████████▄
       ██████████████████▀    ████████████
      ▐████████████████▌      ████████████▌
      ███████▀▀▀   ███▌     ▀▀█▀ █████████
      ███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀         ▄██████████
      ██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▐███████████████████████████████████▌
       ███████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████████████████▀
           ▀█████████████████████████▀
             ▀▀███████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
chynge.net

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█             
              ▄██▄███▄         ▄   
              ▀▀ █▌ ▀▀█▀██   ▄█▀██
          ▄▄▄           ▀▀▀███▀▀▀ 
          ▀▀▀                ▀█   
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                ███   
                      ▄██▀     ▐█ 
   ▄█████████      ▄█▀█▀        █▌
                 █▀▀▄█         ██▌
 ████████████   ▀█▄█▀           █▌
                                █▀
     ████████                ▄▄██ 
                             ▄█▀   
        ▀▀▀▀▀               █▀     
                  ▄     ███▀       
              ████████▀█▀           

Instant Settlement

▄██▄███           
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▄█▀   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ██▀▄██  ▄█▄  ██▌▄ ▄▄▄ █
███▀     ▐█▀▀▄█▀  ██▀ ▀██  ▀█▄    █
██      █▀░██▀  █▀▀     ▐▀█  ▀██  █
█▀▀████████████████████████████████
█▀▀▌ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██
█▄                                █
█▄                       ▄▄████████
█▄                      █▀███▌    █
█▄                     █▌ █  █▌   █
█▄                      ▀████▌▄▄▄▄█
█▄                                █
█▌                                █
██▀▀ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██
 ▀▀████████████████████████████████

Zero Fees

▄██▀▀▀██▄           
          ▄██       ██▄         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
    █████████████████████████   
    █                       █   
    █          ▄▄▄          █   
    █         █▀▀▀█         █   
    █         █   █         █   
    █         █▄▄▄█         █   
    █          ▀▀▀          █   
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   
    █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   
    █████████████████████████   

Secure Transaction
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:33:38 PM

When investing in a promising ICO, I also look for what the OP mentioned. I also try to contact their support team and check if they can be easily reached, just in case I needed support in the future. I also check the total coin supply and how coins are being generated or mined.
hjfjmk

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:52:44 AM

Before I invest in ICO, I will seriously study the project's white paper, understand the team members of the project, the technical strength of the project, the prospect of the project and the profit model of the project.
soopiking

Activity: 151

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:56:57 AM

I will pay attention to the following points when investing in ICO projects:

Does it have a good, capable operating team?

Read its white paper carefully to understand its project technical strength, project prospects, and project profitability model.

Join the telegram group and then learn more about this project through exchange
runque

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:15:19 AM

Hi everyone

New to this forum but I see a lot of veteran advice here. Lately I've been researching, tracking and dabbling in a ICOs. I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is on ICOs, in general, and what your guidelines for investment might be. Note, this isn't a standard "should I invest in btc or X, Y or Z thread, but more of a place to share some strategies.

Personally I always start with the whitepaper and research it and its merit. If it sounds reasonable, I try to answer the question of "what problem does this ICO solve?" - is there a need for it, or, is it simply applying blockchain to some aspect of some industry for no real reason.

Finally, I look at the team. Have I heard of anyone, can I find them on twitter or LinkedIn, etc.

Anyone have other strategies they are willing to share? Looking forward to the discussion!
These practices are very effective, and they are more serious and professional. Therefore, you are not a newcomer and more like an experienced expert. I think most people don't do research. They just follow the trade and they have to make profits and lose profits.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:39:10 AM

I think the minimum is
1. White Paper of good quality: a well-structured document with all the necessary information given in a comprehensible way.
2. Professional team: people with rich experience whose short bio I can read on the website and in the WP.
3. Social media: if the project has accounts in the most popular social media, where decent content is posted, be sure – the team is really into it. The existence of Telegram chat with active discussions of the project is a must.
4. The aim: ICO should have a real-life issue to tackle; otherwise, nobody will get interested.

But also you have to learn more about product and market.
maulana rifai

Activity: 331

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:44:39 AM

I expect ICO will give me a high return.
Most of the time, however, ICO doesn't get very good returns.
indeed everyone who is here wants to profit. to avoid bad results, my advice you should be careful and vigilant in choosing the ICO for you to succeed and get many benefits. trade and investment do have a risk if you can manage well then you will succeed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: