Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:54:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Look for in a New Project?  (Read 1981 times)
darth_cryptorider

Activity: 470
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:55:05 PM

First think what I'm looking for it's product, than market and potential grow. Than review the team and adviser, how much money gathered on presale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dron8809

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:00:42 PM

For me i was looking for a project that can be useful in the future and be possible to create and to manage someday. A projecr that can be apply in everyday developement. And mostly those team that are hardworking to the succes of their project.

It is quite agreeable with such projects at the moment I was interested in the Smart Trip Platform which connects travelers and providers of tourist services. Such a project may well be useful in the future and there are many such projects. The main thing is that all their ideas are paid into life!
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:01:57 PM

Major core attributes for me is the whithepaper stating clearly what they have to offer and  the and there relevance to the cryptocurrency and blockchain technology sector. Also the country of residence where the project is emanating from is quite important
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:19:13 PM

Title says it all. If you're looking to invest in an ICO or pre-ICO blockchain project, what's 1-2 attributes that are most important to you? Market size/potential? Management team? Technology that is distinctive? Strong white paper? Social media following? Other...

Aaaaaaaand go!
A good and potential project must have all of the above. The current market is different from the market in the last year when new ICO projects grow out of control. Given the current situation, a good project requires a whole new product and technology to compete with other projects.

BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:19:22 PM

I think all these factors are important but the most important is the teem
swapblocks (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 01:04:48 AM

Loving the feedback! So far, seems like the top responses are:

Product/Market Opportunity
Team
Tokenomics
Marketing/Partnerships

swapblocks (OP)

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 01:09:36 AM

The mention of soft/hard cap is a good one. Gives investors an idea of minimum funding to move forward and maximum before being inefficient.

Maybe after a few more responses I'll narrow it down and run a poll.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:12:43 AM

I don't care that much about whitepaper because they can pay someone to write a good one with lots of buzz word, the most important things is the team background and the potential of the project itself. A great project with lots of potential can generate a large amount of profit in several years and a great team is needed in order to achieve that and make sure that the project isn't scam.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:01:55 AM

Now I am very much choosy about Ico investment . Now I am seeing the solution and scope of solution . Most importantly now I am looking for mvp or atleast working alpha or beta product. I am no more believing whitepaper And website . Of course I will try to find teams linked in profile try to research about their organisation. Before investing I am doing lots of stuff because I had very bad experience in few past ico’s.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:39:31 AM

Title says it all. If you're looking to invest in an ICO or pre-ICO blockchain project, what's 1-2 attributes that are most important to you? Market size/potential? Management team? Technology that is distinctive? Strong white paper? Social media following? Other...

Aaaaaaaand go!
Hello!
For me most important product and market for it. Because team could create cool product for the huge market, but it could be that they don't have enough time for the White Paper. But project great and I can invest and after that join to the team and help with documents.
I think that in scams projects always has a strong WP and other documents.
Reez

Activity: 381

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:44:29 AM

There are many things to look out for and research in a new project like if it has an active community as community is one of the most important factors, if it has a strong dev team as devs are the ones who are going to choose which direction the coin goes and if it has a real world use case as without a use case theres no value the coin might have.
Zaidaskin

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:13:56 AM

Aaaaaaaand go!

First of course who the team behind him. Next is to understand what exactly gives the token a value, by whom and for what purpose this token will be of interest. Token must have a fundamental and not speculative value. To answer this question, you need to analyze the business model of the project, as well as how the token will be generated and distributed.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 03:21:25 AM

Aaaaaaaand go!

As much as possible, they already have a working product and they just want to improve it because many ICOs have a plan and when the ICO is done, they would just inform the investors the they will have a working product soon. I just take Tezos as a lesson. They have the largest ICO in 2017 with a $200 million fund but then they weren't able to release a working product. The sooner the team has release their project then the people would be able to judge if this would help in their businesses and daily lives or not. The team behind is a big factor especially if they have been involved in a company before that has been successful but a working project is a must for me.

indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 03:57:16 AM

marketing, number of allocations, goal, and the team that runs into a separate consideration if you want to select a new project. the more project necessarily has to be increasingly selective to choose the best projects.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
4ernuy

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 04:07:41 AM

Personally, I invest only in projects that have a finished product or an alpha version. Too many ICOs deceive people and just take their money. To compose in the White Paper you can do anything and make a beautiful site is also not a problem

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
aioc

Activity: 2884
Merit: 564

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:13:23 AM

Aaaaaaaand go!

Of course all of the above, to make sure that its going to be profitable and can easily get into an exchange, but I am more inclined to join project that is more like a bitcoin and ethereum in terms of technology, than a specific industry that launches their own token.

pawanjain

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:23:00 AM

The first and foremost thing I would personally look in the ICO would be the idea and concept behind their project. For me, any project that doesn't have any good idea behind it would not survive in the long run and hence it would be useless to invest the money in it. Great ideas are likely to succeed and get a better response from the public.  I would definitely research and find out the team and developers because if a team doesn't have good developers , then it is pretty likely to go in a decline. Good developers create a better product which results in a greater response from the public.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:27:36 AM

All these parametres that you have mentioned are pretty important all together. And there is also a big role for advisors and backers... And Lady Luck at the top of the mountain.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:32:53 AM

The first and foremost thing I would personally look in the ICO would be the idea and concept behind their project. For me, any project that doesn't have any good idea behind it would not survive in the long run and hence it would be useless to invest the money in it. Great ideas are likely to succeed and get a better response from the public.  I would definitely research and find out the team and developers because if a team doesn't have good developers, then it is pretty likely to go in a decline. Good developers create a better product which results in a greater response from the public.
Usually I look for something that can pays me. As much as possible, they already have a working product and they just want to improve it because many ICOs have a plan and when the ICO is done. Usually new project will give me a job or something like that. They would just inform the investors the they will have a working product soon. They need to promote their new projects right ? I just take Tezos as a lesson. They have the largest ICO in 2017 with a $200 million fund but then they weren't able to release a working product. So usually they need for people like us to promote their project such as from social medias and campaign and bounty in this forum.
fadlyzuld

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:44:52 AM

Of course I would like to predict how much percentage it would bring me profit. It is becoming increasingly difficult to select ICO that will bring profit as short as 2017. But I think the harder it is to earn more money if you invest correctly
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: