Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIY] BitcoinTalk ≠ Bitcoin  (Read 462 times)
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:09:36 PM

He put official in quotes. It is quite unlikely that a stupid person who believes that a forum is the same as a currency would do it. Of course, he probably does not know exactly how everything works. So the best way would be to link to explanations that solve the problems he encountered with the forum and the tutorial on how bitcoin works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:50:24 AM

Satoshi created Bitcoin, then founded Bitcointalk to discuss it.  It's really not rocket science.
Just to rephrase Satoshi registered the domain bitcointalk.org but he did not create the forum, this forum is from http://www.simplemachines.org/

as it says in the footer Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines

It's possible some customization must have been done by him but still the original forum was not created by Satoshi.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:06:22 AM

Do you think people are dumb or something?
For people who don't know more about bitcoin then bitcointalk is a part of bitcoin. Just as they assume that facebook is internet, whereas facebook is part of the internet. Forum is a part, I mean we can not decide good or wrong (bitcoin) if only view from the forum only. It's too common to blame and make no confidence in bitcoin just because of the forum (bitcointalk).
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:45:14 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 04:03:23 AM by Fidemoga

It may not be "rocket science", but since I saw many peolpe assuming, that Bitcoin can only be baught in whole piece or one, who told me proudly, that he invested into a Bitcoin printer, these kinds of threads and explanations seem also senseful to me.
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:45:37 AM

I think there is a similarity between bitcointalk and bitcoin. if bitcoin and the crypto market die then the bitcointalk will also disappear
Altcoins section is in Bitcointalk. It is supposed to be independent of bitcoin. When such is realised, bitcointalk will exist without bitcoin

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:41:52 AM

I think there is a similarity between bitcointalk and bitcoin. if bitcoin and the crypto market die then the bitcointalk will also disappear
Just a correction, bitcoin is related only to bitcointalk. They are not similar since it's very obvious that this forum is not a cryptocurrency.

Anyway, you have a point but I still disagree. Bitcoin is not the only thing that matters here, there are still altcoins remember? I think this forum will possibly end also as crypto in general died (but I don't think crypto will die either). This forum was created so that crypto holders/earners like us will have a nice place where we can all gathered. Logically thinking, if crypto dies then there's no point to continue this forum anymore as simple as that.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:33:01 AM

I admit there are still many people who think that bitcointalk is bitcoin. Bitcointalk is a forum where people who use bitcoin interact to discuss things about bitcoin while bitcoin is the object we are talking about in this forum (bitcointalk).
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:08:43 PM

Good catch, do not get confused. When I first intrduced to bitcointalk, I immediately thought that it’s the thing that bitcoin revolves into, but no. Bitcointalk is just a medium we use as a forum to engage with other people who are interested in the world of crypto. Who wants to learn, reserach and of course, earn. So again, good point sir.

cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:15:26 AM

Ofcourse it will disappear but still I can't really agree with you for having BCT and BTC similar, first, BTC is a Coin which is used for trading other cryptos and then, BCT is a forum where Bitcoin is being discussed together with many altcoins, so where's the similarity on there?
josh07

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:00:14 AM

Satoshi created Bitcoin, then founded Bitcointalk to discuss it.  It's really not rocket science.
you're right bitcoin bitcoin differs bitcoin bitcoin a digital currency bitcointalk is a site that gives you a task.

selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:02:27 PM

Not necessary, they have already developed sections like alt coins. We have got so many members here that this can be used for any relevant issue. For instance, suppose all crypto die and we have some other alternative taking place of crypto. The admin had to just change the name of sections here and buy a new domain. The forum is then ready to go.

It will already have so many active members ready to explore the new option and discuss about it. It would beat any new forum doing that from scratch.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:37:37 PM

Just read this... LOL
If "official" Bitcointalk is Buggy why should I trust BTC?
Archive
Folks,
Bitcoin is a currency. Think about the fiat currency we have: Dollar, Pound, Euro etc. Using Bitcoin you can trade (buy/sell goods) same as using fiat. One of the difference among many differences between Bitcoin and Fiat currency is, fiat has physical existence and bitcoin is digital

you cant use bitcoin as a currency only as an asset to sell,

as long as the banksters are running their monopoly, and gambling around, bitcoin stays as an asset sellable, after that it becomesw a very difficult to use currency.

mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

Bitcointalk is more than bitcoin. But it is based on bitcoin. I think bitcointalk = blockchain. Blockchain is bigger than bitcoin, but people could be irrational. Whole term "blockchain" could be spoiled if bitcoin crashes. It would certainly require some sort of "rebranding".
Or I'm talking shit, because ".com" is still the most popular domain name. And tulip still called by its name.  Grin

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Dilemmaremma

Activity: 103
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:48:39 PM

I think some people are just ignorant and they just don't want to read but feel the urge to post nonsense.

You're not wrong, which is why this topic won't really garner the attention that it deserves by the people who need to be reading it.

It's almost like we need to make sensational topic post titles in order to get newer people to read a post, and if it's ever more than 1-2 sentences, forget about it.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:45:28 PM

Just to rephrase Satoshi registered the domain bitcointalk.org but he did not create the forum, this forum is from http://www.simplemachines.org/

as it says in the footer Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines

It's possible some customization must have been done by him but still the original forum was not created by Satoshi.

Wait, what are you talking about? Nobody has ever said he created the Software that the forums use. But Satoshi did create this forum as you can see in his welcome message. SMF is a well know SOFTWARE to use to build forum communities.

Before creating bitcointalk, he used sourceforge board and mail List.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:17:36 PM

Wait, what are you talking about? Nobody has ever said he created the Software that the forums use.

Actually what this user was pointing out that Bitcointalk is buggy... he was referring to this software
If "official" Bitcointalk is Buggy why should I trust BTC?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:26:56 AM

Did you just mixed up everything all together?  Grin
BitcoinTalk, Blockchain, Bitcoin, .com, tulip, google, facebook, internet.

Hey I was kidding I like it...
Or I'm talking shit, because ".com" is still the most popular domain name. And tulip still called by its name.  Grin

He put official in quotes. It is quite unlikely that a stupid person who believes that a forum is the same as a currency would do it. Of course, he probably does not know exactly how everything works. So the best way would be to link to explanations that solve the problems he encountered with the forum and the tutorial on how bitcoin works.
This is a reasonable suggestion. I having a thought in mind to edit the original post with some useful links.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:34:42 AM

Lmao, I cannot believe how people can get so dumb. You can tell by the forum's name that this is a bitcoin talk or rather discussion. It is a forum, oh my god. Bitcoin has nothing to do with this forum. Added to that, many people are posting threads about the drop of the price which make other people lose faith in it which I deem it to be so stupid. But yeah, these people need to get upgraded soon enough.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:09:03 AM

Lmao, I cannot believe how people can get so dumb. You can tell by the forum's name that this is a bitcoin talk or rather discussion. It is a forum, oh my god. Bitcoin has nothing to do with this forum. Added to that, many people are posting threads about the drop of the price which make other people lose faith in it which I deem it to be so stupid. But yeah, these people need to get upgraded soon enough.
IMHO speaking the Bitcoin Discussion board is full of negativity. Other day I have seen the mods locked a lot of topics which is a good sign. There are a kind of people who will always moan when the price will drop and the same people will always get overexcited when the price goes up.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: