Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If an ICO is a scam, should those who campaigned for it be penalized?  (Read 196 times)
bigNoizboo (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:11:51 AM

Just wondering.

If an ICO is proven to be a scam, should the campaign manager and those who joined the campaign be penalized or something? After all, part of a said campaign's legitimacy rides on the reputation of the people spreading the word for it.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:10:17 AM

Just wondering.

If an ICO is proven to be a scam, should the campaign manager and those who joined the campaign be penalized or something? After all, part of a said campaign's legitimacy rides on the reputation of the people spreading the word for it.

I both agree and disagree on this.

Usually bounty managers are hired by the project to run their campaign. And despite all due dilligence, the project could be a scam in a very good disguise (not having any red flags that would indicate a scam).
Should those bounty managers be penalised for being tricked as well?

On the other hand, if a BM knows up front it's a scam, then yes. But how can you prove that?

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:06:55 PM

Most of them are dancing since they never getting any punishment, they even mention in the on post that they are not responsible for Bounty payments.
I was scammed from several bounties, so learning a lot of lessons for not wasting future time.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:29:37 AM

Most of them are dancing since they never getting any punishment, they even mention in the on post that they are not responsible for Bounty payments.
I was scammed from several bounties, so learning a lot of lessons for not wasting future time.

Well to be honest, how can a manager be responsible for payments?
He sends a list of payments to the team, and that's it. What can he do if the team decides they don't want to pay?
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:27:44 AM

There are SCAMs and there are ELABORATE SCAMs, if it's a well thought out one, I dunno how you can blame anyone, but all BMs should do reverse search, talk to the team over vid conferences, etc.

Also, try coaxing the team to use escrows for bounties, in case of tokens; the BMs can pre-designate a Smart-Contract address that sends the ratio of tokens to it everytime tokens are minted or mined.

My 2c, but most BMs; don't want to get involved in complexities as there are other cheapsters, who do things without a care, but then if Atriz can handle projects such as Chrysos that appear to be blatant SCAMs, I dunno who to trust.
Personally, I do my own due diligence before joining, watch vids of team and reverse search them.
endlasuresh

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:58:51 AM

Well to be honest, how can a manager be responsible for payments?
He sends a list of payments to the team, and that's it. What can he do if the team decides they don't want to pay?
These managers wont update the sheets regularly and they even use their own accounts.
I have for their own articles get paid more than us. Some speaks arrogantly and they even don't change later or respond. Most of the bounty manager look for their own meets than bounty hunters so if they get paid then it is carried forward.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:54:59 AM

I don't know. Can the manager/bounty hunters know that the ICO is a scam?
If they really knew it, i would say yes. But we don't know what information they got about the ICO.
They maybe just helped the ICO team like another ICO. They maybe didn't knew what the ICO team was doing.
But the ICO manager is maybe also a bad manager and stole other people rewards. If this is the case, bounty hunters should expose him to the ICO team.
The ICO team should decide what to do after.
endlasuresh

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:06:46 PM

The team is not taking care at all as they are busy with funds they got it so poor bounty hunters get a bowl at the end.
I am tired with most of bounty programs some ask KYC at the ned to keep far away from rewards and some keep the spreadsheets in update LOL. It's all a big joke here.

Some Bounty developers say after promotion hunters used bots etc, so they will look deeper, but they never.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:49:05 PM

Now we have the issue of Centra ICO  founders of which   faced accusation in scam.  Let's wait and see if they will be  penalized. If yes it will be the first  significant step I think.
What significant step should be taken by the members of the community if the ICO turns out to be a scam ? The best that they can do is negative tag their accounts but that doesn't affect them in real life.Also no one else has the time to do investigations ad stuff since it's not their job.Mostly rookies invest in such fraud ICO's who are very new to the scene or just want to get rich in a day or two.
hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:02:03 PM

Just wondering.

People who participate in Bounty Campaigns have their little blame, but most of them (sometimes even me) don't check to see if the ICO is scam.
The Bounty Manager on the other hand holds a higher responsability.

Yet, the question still remains...

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: