Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 06:18:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New "relaunch" of Safecoin  (Read 119 times)
HungryHippopotamus (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:15:52 PM

I'm new to Bitcointalk and still getting used to things.  I wasn't aware that questioning a coins past is frowned upon here.  On this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838370.new#new

this is the second comment after first was removed:

"My first Comment was removed due to the OP suspecting that I have another username.  I do not. Pretty shady for my comment to get deleted because I'm new here.

I'll ask again, how many times has this coin been "relaunched?"  When were the coins pre-mined?

I'm new to Bitcointalk, that doesn't make my questions irrelevant, does it?"

Shortly after posting, that post was also removed.

I'm new to mining and was mining this coin.  Not anymore, seems scammy.

The creator is all about getting atomic swaps instead of exchanges.  Said they will have their own exchange soon.  The other miners seem to be drinking the kool-aid.

Whatamigonodo
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:12:02 AM

Matter of fact that thread is self-moderated and the original poster controls what comments stay and what gets deleted.If he's dodging your questions which would harm the credibility of the coin,it might just be a failed project which he still have hopes from.

If I was you,I'd stay away from the coin which has been a reject from exchanges and the only hope remaining is a 'relaunch'.Deleting posts is a typical scamming behaviour anyway.
HungryHippopotamus (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:20:32 PM

Oh, thanks for the response, Joel.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it is, as long as a post is self-moderated the OP can be as scammy as they want. It's as if they have their own website?  Anything goes? 

Thanks
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:42:41 PM

That coin is not a "relaunch" of MaidSafe's Safecoin (even though the name is the same and the "S" logo looks eerily similar); it's a just a small, centralized group of guys (that have no working knowledge of the code they are working with) trying to cash in on the features of another coin (and actually making the code worse with every attempt to "improve" it).

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: